ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina Bowl Rings

colaheat

Jul 30, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Hey there guys,

I am not sure if it is okay to post this here, but I recently purchased a couple bowl rings from a collector/dealer and he had several others from the Gamecocks. I don't know if anyone is interested but they make for a VERY cool conversation piece. Proudly have a couple (7) displayed in my house.

He had 5 left:
2009 South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks "Outback Bowl" Championship Non-gold
2002 South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks "Outback Bowl" Champions Non-gold
1988 South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks "Liberty Bowl" Championship Non-gold
1987 South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks "Gator Bowl" Championship Non-gold
1984 South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks "Gator Bowl" Championship 10K Gold

If anyone has any interest email me, I can put you in touch with the seller. He asked that I not use the players name in passing this information along. These are all players rings, they did not belong to staff or samples. I will get photos if interested. They have been sitting in his collection for years and he has never advertised them before.

Reactions: uscwin79
Can you give me a ballpark price in a private message? I don't want to waste anyone's time if they're $5,000 each. Thanks.

How much could a non-gold bowl 'championship' ring be worth from a bowl game we lost? Who would wear it? I guess most of these were awarded by the bowl 'cause I can''t imagine the team buying rings for any game we lost. But maybe we did.

How much could a non-gold bowl 'championship' ring be worth from a bowl game we lost? Who would wear it? I guess most of these were awarded by the bowl 'cause I can''t imagine the team buying rings for any game we lost. But maybe we did.
I would think only Clemson would do that.

I would think only Clemson would do that.

I don't know! Saving those back-to-back Outback stomps over OSU that Lou pulled off ... 'fore we got Steve Spurrier we were 1-8 in our ENTIRE 100+ year football HISTORY of bowl appearances!!!

In just a decade Spurrier almost DOUBLED our number of bowl 'appearances' (from 10 to 19) and was responsible for 62.5% of our bowl WINS (5 of 8).

I MISS the guy ... BUT I'm liking Muschamp.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Hey there guys,

I am not sure if it is okay to post this here, but I recently purchased a couple bowl rings from a collector/dealer and he had several others from the Gamecocks. I don't know if anyone is interested but they make for a VERY cool conversation piece. Proudly have a couple (7) displayed in my house.

He had 5 left:

If anyone has any interest email me, I can put you in touch with the seller. He asked that I not use the players name in passing this information along. These are all players rings, they did not belong to staff or samples. I will get photos if interested. They have been sitting in his collection for years and he has never advertised them before.
And... if you'll just step over here, I have a few genuine Rolex watches I can let you have at my cost ......BUT WAIT!!! ... if you buy one today.......

And... if you'll just step over here, I have a few genuine Rolex watches I can let you have at my cost ......BUT WAIT!!! ... if you buy one today.......
These are in the possession of one of if not the most reputable dealers in the United States. They have been in his possession for years, never listed for sale before. I have NO skin in the game, just passing along that they are out there and he is willing to part with them.

These are in the possession of one of if not the most reputable dealers in the United States. They have been in his possession for years, never listed for sale before. I have NO skin in the game, just passing along that they are out there and he is willing to part with them.

Like they said in 'The Jerk' .... "This is shit .... This is Shinola" ....learn the difference son.

Like they said in 'The Jerk' .... "This is shit .... This is Shinola" ....learn the difference son.

No Shit, Just SHINOLA.
12065977_1.jpg

Hey there guys,

He had 5 left:

Hey, I'm interested in the rings if any left. Could I see pictures of the ones still available? Thanks

You are probably right, but then again we did give out 5th place rings. I've always been of the thought that you only get a trophy for winning, as in 1st place.
Daughter got a trophy for 27th place once in a cheer leading competition! Even she was saying what the heck?? It just had well said "You suck" on it!!

Hey there guys,

He had 5 left:

Hey colaheat, are these rings still available? Thanks

Yeah, doubt you're going to find many Indiana football players wearing their '88 Liberty Bowl rings-and they won the stinkin' game. Thinking back now, that was Morrison's last game before his death.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT