ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina offense has 'opportunity' to be good (Wes Mitchell)

Not true about defense. Sorry. Yes the Defense won't shut any team down but if the offense is productive and the defense can play with intensity we can keep teams under 30

I still want to see who wins the LT and how Young or Hutch perform, that will be a key to the offense.

On Defense, lets get the player in that is like the son Lance Thompson declared he never had, Javon Kinlaw, i really cant wait to see the line function with the big boy in there. Should be an immediate noticeable improvement.

Depth should be better this year on Defense and that should help some, but lots of unknowns, but i like the skill level of the players they bring in and what they are trying to do, i can see a plan, i could see no plan under Ward, just garble like the way he talked.

Unfortunately that is true. Will be similar to 2014.

I dont think it will be bad as 2014, i sure hope not, the DB's garble mouth evaluated and tried to develop and play early like Al Harris Jr were not division 1 players, Jamyest Williams is a division 1 talent

It will be hard for either unit to be very good unless their is tremendous improvement in the line play.

Points there. That is true. Our defensive staff post 2012, in retrospect, was middle school level. I spoke to someone "in the know" (you have to pay to get info..from another site). He sad mush mouth didn't how to coordinate the defense. In other words, to be sure what the db's were in coincided with the assignments of the linebackers or the specific front put undue pressure on certain other positions. They were never working together. It was just a hodgepodge mess. Also the talent dropped big time. Anyway, the defensive roster is a mess. It won't be pretty this year. Stay healthy.

Now I wouldn't go that far. We, at least, don't have a certified idiot running the defense now as we did in 2014.

Reactions: Cyclone94
Linebackers is where the concern has to be.

QUOTE="Rod Dangerfield, post: 3291681, member: 12238"]This has to happen, or we could be in for a losing season.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT