ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina player on Georgia: ‘They can’t pass’

Because he completes a high percentage at a low volume.
Completion pct. helps, but the thing that really kicks the rating up is TDs and yrds per attempt.
Contrary to popular opinion, Fromm is throwing passes downfield as a larger pct. of his overall throws than your average QB. He has the fourth highest QB rating in the country when throwing under pressure and has the third highest average air yards per completion in the conference. He's a freshman and will make mistakes at times and we're just gonna play it safe if we can. But if we need to, he'll throw the football and do it well.
DNFFXQZUIAE5jf2.jpg:large

Reverse psychology. He' trying to get UGA to throw the ball rather than run it down our throat.

Ga. Southern beat a Muschamp Florida team without throwing one pass. Hopefully that doesn' happen again

Reverse psychology. He' trying to get UGA to throw the ball rather than run it down our throat.

Ga. Southern beat a Muschamp Florida team without throwing one pass. Hopefully that doesn' happen again
Ha ha! Someone already brought that up on our board. But I don't think we'll be tricked into a dare. We let Jake throw it around vs. Mizzou, so we know if the WRs are open he can do the job. We also threw it in the first half a good bit vs. MSU. But I think even our coaches have been a little surprised with our ability to run the football with the box loaded of late. I don't think they'll get away from that much unless you prove you can stop it. (not saying you can't). Kirby keeps saying someone will eventually and we'll have to be able to make plays in the passing game. Obviously Auburn and Alabama come to mind on that. I think they halfway thought UF would be able to, but once Sony broke off the long run to make it 21-0, passing was virtually non existent.

He goes on to talk about how Georgia has two NFL running backs. Of course people are going to focus on the negativity.

And he's actually correct, Georgia can't pass. Because they don't need to.
Well, that would be "Georgia doesn't pass because they don't need to."

Kinda like the last scene in this movie regarding hand guns. Nice little overlooked movie if you like Westerns.

He goes on to talk about how Georgia has two NFL running backs. Of course people are going to focus on the negativity.

And he's actually correct, Georgia can't pass. Because they don't need to.
That's right and the puppies just love to hyperventilating over nothing.

Completion pct. helps, but the thing that really kicks the rating up is TDs and yrds per attempt.
Contrary to popular opinion, Fromm is throwing passes downfield as a larger pct. of his overall throws than your average QB. He has the fourth highest QB rating in the country when throwing under pressure and has the third highest average air yards per completion in the conference. He's a freshman and will make mistakes at times and we're just gonna play it safe if we can. But if we need to, he'll throw the football and do it well.
DNFFXQZUIAE5jf2.jpg:large
If everybody sells out for the run on a play action and leaves a WR one on one who gets a beat of course it’s gonna go for long passes and plays. Doesn’t mean he has a gifted long pass arm. It’s a skewed statistic. Fromm hasn’t been put into a situation where he has to pass to win or fight for the game...he doesn’t have to because they haven’t played anybody to stop their rushing attack. Not an attack against Fromm but Bamas Greg McElroy was the same. He never had to do anything but manage and not turn over the ball. (Not another knock because they got a National championship with him).

That was back when they were running the option. They've since abandoned that and have sucked royally the past couple of years. The Wofford game could get interesting that's for sure.

If everybody sells out for the run on a play action and leaves a WR one on one who gets a beat of course it’s gonna go for long passes and plays. Doesn’t mean he has a gifted long pass arm. It’s a skewed statistic. Fromm hasn’t been put into a situation where he has to pass to win or fight for the game...he doesn’t have to because they haven’t played anybody to stop their rushing attack. Not an attack against Fromm but Bamas Greg McElroy was the same. He never had to do anything but manage and not turn over the ball. (Not another knock because they got a National championship with him).
Go back and watch the td pass against ND. He's a very good passer and incredibly cool under pressure. Most talking heads say it's an underappreciated statistic because a top goal of defenses is to limit explosive plays. If 9.9 ypa doesn't impress you I don't know what would. He's almost averaging a first down every pass attempt. That's crazy.

I'm gonna be done with this because he's your guy and I guess Fromm is my guy and I want to defend him. People who have knocked Jake's arm do so because he's not Eason. But there are probably less than ten guys in college that have an arm like Eason's. Jake was a five star recruit and he wouldn't have gotten that rating if he had a noodle arm. Is arm may not be NFL ready. Neither was Murray's, but he broke every passing record in the SEC while he was in Athens. Jake has plenty enough to throw in college. He's not simply hitting wide open receivers off play action. That TD pass to Wims last Saturday was run play he checked out of and threw a perfect pass to a guy he knew could go up and get it. His last completion to Swift was dropped perfectly between a LBer and a safety 25 yards downfield. He can throw the football. Will he have to Saturday? I don't know. This Oline has grown leaps and bounds since September and I think even the coaches are a little surprised. But you guys have a defense in the top half of the SEC in a lot of categories will be one of the tougest we've faced behind Notre Dame and MSU. UF ranks a little higher, but with the mess going on down there, hard to say we got their best effort.

That said, you would be absolutely smart to try and stop our run and make Jake Fromm beat you. That's what everyone wants to do. It's not a new concept. But that doesn't mean he can't beat you, we just haven't been put in the situation where he's had to yet.

And comparing him to McElroy is terrible. McElroy does not come close to Fromm's skill set.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I think Fromm is the greatest quarterback in the history of football. He will reduce the memory of Tom Brady to less than ashes.

People who say Fromm can't pass haven't watched Fromm pass. He's like "the world's most interesting man." He doesn't pass much, but when he does, it's right on target. Gary Danielson called the TD throw against Florida an "Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning" pass--against perfect coverage, put out there where only the receiver could get it. And he's made of bunch of those. Bentley's a very good one, too, but the idea Fromm can't pass is a chuckler.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I'm gonna be done with this because he's your guy and I guess Fromm is my guy and I want to defend him. People who have knocked Jake's arm do so because he's not Eason. But there are probably less than ten guys in college that have an arm like Eason's. Jake was a five star recruit and he wouldn't have gotten that rating if he had a noodle arm. Is arm may not be NFL ready. Neither was Murray's, but he broke every passing record in the SEC while he was in Athens. Jake has plenty enough to throw in college. He's not simply hitting wide open receivers off play action. That TD pass to Wims last Saturday was run play he checked out of and threw a perfect pass to a guy he knew could go up and get it. His last completion to Swift was dropped perfectly between a LBer and a safety 25 yards downfield. He can throw the football. Will he have to Saturday? I don't know. This Oline has grown leaps and bounds since September and I think even the coaches are a little surprised. But you guys have a defense in the top half of the SEC in a lot of categories will be one of the tougest we've faced behind Notre Dame and MSU. UF ranks a little higher, but with the mess going on down there, hard to say we got their best effort.

That said, you would be absolutely smart to try and stop our run and make Jake Fromm beat you. That's what everyone wants to do. It's not a new concept. But that doesn't mean he can't beat you, we just haven't been put in the situation where he's had to yet.

And comparing him to McElroy is terrible. McElroy does not come close to Fromm's skill set.
Broke every SEC passing record? Pshhh, who cares? Our offensive coordinator broke records at DUKE! Now, deal with that!

Go back and watch the td pass against ND. He's a very good passer and incredibly cool under pressure. Most talking heads say it's an underappreciated statistic because a top goal of defenses is to limit explosive plays. If 9.9 ypa doesn't impress you I don't know what would. He's almost averaging a first down every pass attempt. That's crazy.
So what? I could complete 2-3 and be 75% let's see what happens percentage don't matter when you throw 12 times a game.

If you think Tee Martin went off on us just wait til Fromm gets done.

Really we are not built to stop the run. We are bend but don' break so you'e going to rush for a lot of yards. Now can we stop the big runs for a td is the question. Can we cause pressure within the red zone.

I think not. We don' have the depth. This team is in incredible condition though, it' impressive. However Richt left Kirby some talent.

UGA 47
USC 17

If you think Tee Martin went off on us just wait til Fromm gets done.

Really we are not built to stop the run. We are bend but don' break so you'e going to rush for a lot of yards. Now can we stop the big runs for a td is the question. Can we cause pressure within the red zone.

I think not. We don' have the depth. This team is in incredible condition though, it' impressive. However Richt left Kirby some talent.

UGA 47
USC 17
You really expect it to be that close?

Can we win Saturday I wouldn't bet granny on it but we do have a shot if we can stop the run (I'm a genius). We played the second worst game we played last year against Jawga and lost 28-14 so keep hope alive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT