ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina recruiting

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
ATH Vicari Swain, South Carolina (No. 51) – Swain is one of the twitchiest defenders in the 2023 cycle. The Carrollton, Georgia native posted an eye-popping 11’6″ broad jump (in socks!) back at the Atlanta Under Armour Camp in February. Swain continued to show that explosiveness as a senior, making big plays as a defensive back and receiver. The athleticism and ball skills register on the high end among potential defensive backs it the cycle.

QB LaNorris Sellers — Signed with South Carolina​

On300 ranking: No. 95
Next highest ranking: Three-star (247 Sports, ESPN and Rivals)
Industry Comparison
“You could argue LaNorris Sellers had the best senior season of any quarterback in this cycle… I think he finished with 67 touchdowns and two picks, led his team to its first state championship ever. He’s 6-foot-3, 220 pounds with a big arm, can stretch the field vertically, has tangible velocity across the middle of the field… He has outstanding balance at that size… He’s tough to tackle, a really dangerous runner between the tackles and on scrambles. I think he ran for 1,300 yards and over 20 touchdowns this year. He really has some impressive playmaking ability when things break down. He’s very creative and he can do a lot of different things… He has a lot of positive indicators as a prospect and was also the MVP of the Shrine Bowl, the all-star game between South Carolina and North Carolina, in December.” — On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power

https://www.on3.com/news/on3-outliers-2023-recruits-on3-ranks-higher-than-the-industry-2/

ATH Vicari Swain, South Carolina (No. 51) – Swain is one of the twitchiest defenders in the 2023 cycle. The Carrollton, Georgia native posted an eye-popping 11’6″ broad jump (in socks!) back at the Atlanta Under Armour Camp in February. Swain continued to show that explosiveness as a senior, making big plays as a defensive back and receiver. The athleticism and ball skills register on the high end among potential defensive backs it the cycle.

QB LaNorris Sellers — Signed with South Carolina​

On300 ranking: No. 95
Next highest ranking: Three-star (247 Sports, ESPN and Rivals)
Industry Comparison
“You could argue LaNorris Sellers had the best senior season of any quarterback in this cycle… I think he finished with 67 touchdowns and two picks, led his team to its first state championship ever. He’s 6-foot-3, 220 pounds with a big arm, can stretch the field vertically, has tangible velocity across the middle of the field… He has outstanding balance at that size… He’s tough to tackle, a really dangerous runner between the tackles and on scrambles. I think he ran for 1,300 yards and over 20 touchdowns this year. He really has some impressive playmaking ability when things break down. He’s very creative and he can do a lot of different things… He has a lot of positive indicators as a prospect and was also the MVP of the Shrine Bowl, the all-star game between South Carolina and North Carolina, in December.” — On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power

https://www.on3.com/news/on3-outliers-2023-recruits-on3-ranks-higher-than-the-industry-2/
Looking forward to both, long time for Swain. Had I known during the season about Norris, I would have made an effort to see him play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT