ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina schedule trivia

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Starting from the 1975 season to the present day, six times South Carolina has ended the regular season with a different opponent besides clemson. Without cheating can you name those teams? I will give you a hint it is only five teams.

Last edited:
One of them was Miami in the Orange Bowl. I know because I was there.
Yes, that is correct. That was an early December match up. The game featured the brawl. South Carolina ended up losing. I think the score was 20-16 or 21-16.

Last edited:
Hawaii I believe twice, West Virginia on a thanksgiving day (Rob DeBoer ran wild), Miami as mentioned (gave the national champions all the wanted), KY in the covid year. Don’t know the last one

Hawaii I believe twice, West Virginia on a thanksgiving day (Rob DeBoer ran wild), Miami as mentioned (gave the national champions all the wanted), KY in the covid year. Don’t know the last one
Right on! A hint for the last one. South Carolina had to cancel a game against Marshall due to a hurricane. Who did they get to replace Marshall. It happened during the Coach Muschamp era.

That’s pretty impressive. I remembered Miami and West Virginia. Probably decided to block all things 2020 from my memory LOL.

I remember the brawl with Miami after they slung Ellis to the ground after the whistle. They tried to intimidate us but you couldn’t intimidate that 1987 team.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I was at that WV game. Great day. Remember the blimp overhead and eating thanksgiving leftovers from earlier in the day in the parking lot. Wish we did that more often.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I went to one of the Hawaii games (we lost) and the Miami and WV game. Did we play Troy or Coastal?
I been to one Hawaii game and that was against San Diego State. Hawaii does not have the same kind of gameday atmosphere like the SEC and Big Ten has. Still a great place to go and would like to see South Carolina go back someday. During the mid 2000's I was in Waikiki when Alabama played Hawaii and the Tide had good a number of Alabama fans that went to the game. Funny thing was someone was holding up an Auburn sign during the game.

I was at that WV game. Great day. Remember the blimp overhead and eating thanksgiving leftovers from earlier in the day in the parking lot. Wish we did that more often.
What I remember after the game was West Virginia punks ripping or tearing off car mirrors in the fairground parking lot. I would never go to Morgantown and hopefully South Carolina will never again go there.

Everyone forget 1984? Played Oklahoma St in the Gator Bowl. The Pokes had Rusty Hilger at QB and a Frosh RB named Thurman Thomas. Can't recall the names but 3-4 NFL players on defense. We had seats next to the Okla St Band. Nice people, gave us Ok St towels and caps.

Everyone forget 1984? Played Oklahoma St in the Gator Bowl. The Pokes had Rusty Hilger at QB and a Frosh RB named Thurman Thomas. Can't recall the names but 3-4 NFL players on defense. We had seats next to the Okla St Band. Nice people, gave us Ok St towels and caps.
The OP was referring to the regular season. I remembered a few, didnt remember there was as many as there are. Was even at some I didnt remember. Getting old I guess

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Akron because of a hurricane or something? My memory didn't store stuff apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT