ADVERTISEMENT

Spikeless golf shoes

Jbouton2

Jun 27, 2020
Any preferences by those who wear these? Looking for shoes due to foot Joy's needing replacement soon.

Ecco if you have the budget, best I have had and they held up a while. Sketchers if want very light weight. I don't do the removable spikes anymore.
I struggle with my ecco's. Stylish and comfortable for sure. I walk when I play. Bottoms have worn down in less than 6 months. I don't mind paying a premium but they better last longer than the lest expensive brands.

Any preferences by those who wear these? Looking for shoes due to foot Joy's needing replacement soon.
The best golf shoes on the market are Footjoy Dryjoy's. Sure they may cost 189 but they are the best. And I may have to change spikes every 25 rounds

The best golf shoes on the market are Footjoy Dryjoy's. Sure they may cost 189 but they are the best. And I may have to change spikes every 25 rounds
I am partial to Foot Joy's. Adidas and Sketchers peak my interest. Others have posted on these. Good info..

Not sure you can go wrong with FJ's, they're #1 for a reason! For a classier look I really like the look of the Fury's (spikes they're in the $129 range). For the more lightweight tennis shoe look I have a pair of the cheaper adidas (spikes) and new balance (spikeless) and both serve the purpose well, good support, comfortable and great traction. The NB's are breathable, I would say for summer only.

I just play in running shoes. Get me a $40 pair with some nice treads at Kohls or somewhere. I like breathable mesh and spikes are overrated to me. If you're slipping, you're swinging too hard anyway.

Reactions: zack#
I just play in running shoes. Get me a $40 pair with some nice treads at Kohls or somewhere. I like breathable mesh and spikes are overrated to me. If you're slipping, you're swinging too hard anyway.
$40 running shoes? Those cannot be worth a dang. Try a pair of Hoka's.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I play in hiking shoes with lots of grip. If you aren't using "nails", any comfortable shoe with good ground grippage will do for golf. Screw-in soft spikes are aggravating. They don't afford great grip, wear out quickly, and tend to work their way out. Of the golf shoes with permanent soft spikes, I like Sketchers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horseshoe 04
i like FJ myself....... Believe this or not, I have a friend that plays in cowboy snake skin boots and i aint lying! and..... he's only a 4 handicap. This dude wears nothing but cowboy boots year around no matter what he does or what he wears, Pants or shorts w/cowboy boots. Man it's the craziest thing i ever saw.

I play in hiking shoes with lots of grip. If you aren't using "nails", any comfortable shoe with good ground grippage will do for golf. Screw-in soft spikes are aggravating. They don't afford great grip, wear out quickly, and tend to work their way out. Of the golf shoes with permanent soft spikes, I like Sketchers.
I have forgot to change my shoes and wore my steel toe shoes golfing.it wasn’t the best day for my feet.i was in a hurry when I got off the night shift and totally forgot.

Ecco Biom Hybrid 2.

I have 2 pairs. One pair I've had for over 3 years. I wear them when walking every week and when I practice. No noticeable wear on the bottom.

They have a larger toe box so there is less trauma to my large toe and toenail. Very comfortable walking shoe.

Reactions: Hnodocock
Make sure you check the size chart before ordering. I wear a 43 which is 9-9.5 and it fits just about right. In street shoes I buy size 9.5-10 depending on the shoe.

I have forgot to change my shoes and wore my steel toe shoes golfing.it wasn’t the best day for my feet.i was in a hurry when I got off the night shift and totally forgot.
I have never played golf in steel toe shoes. I have seen some athletic-type steel toe shoes with nicely ribbed bottoms in which I could have played golf.

Ain’t sayin’ he’s been around the block, but GoldenCock taught me the fine art of sharping our metal baseball cleats.....standing on first and removing the dirt .....it was amazing how the middle infielders would shy away as u later came sliding in:)

I bought adidas golf shoes from Costco a few years ago at a very good price, very good shoes if you can find them. I have found adidas to be good shoes, golf or not.

I’ll never forget being on the range at Northwoods while Chip Prezioso was hitting balls in like a Cole Haan type loafer thinking to myself he must have forgot his spikes, then after watching him hit 5 or 10 balls I quickly figured it out!

I have never played golf in steel toe shoes. I have seen some athletic-type steel toe shoes with nicely ribbed bottoms in which I could have played golf.
It wasn’t planned.i get off at 7:30 and had to be at the course by 8:15,so I left work and went straight to the course.(19 miles from where I work)i forgot my shoes at home but brought a change of clothes.kinda hurt my toes a little.lol.

Reactions: king ward
Size 9, have you tried this shoe before?

I still have my 10+ years. The sole did fail off, but I glue it back together. It was fine the first 5 years when I would clean them after each round. I got lazy and left them in my car and I think that what caused the sole to come off. It was water proof until the sole fail off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT