ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to our friends with Season tickets today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But compliance would fix how much? 90%? Seems a good place to start.

We can always bring up isolated incidents, but if we want to wipe out a huge chunk of the issue, with almost no effort, we start with compliance.
Who knows? It sure seemed the one guy was being compliant when the cops kicked him in the back? I’ve said many times I don’t think this is only a black vs white issue as much as it is just poor policing issue. There are almost never repercussions for poor actions. When is the last time you saw the union come out and say an officer did anything wrong? Lack of accountability leads to increased feeling of being able to do whatever you want.

They are EXACTLY right. You cannot understand what it is like. What you do is have the conversation, listen to them and believe them. Then try to figure out what you can do to make it better.

Racism in America is a white problem. Period.
That wasn't supposed to be a like. If Whites are inherently racists, why are blacks dating and marrying interacially and then claiming racism?

Who knows? It sure seemed the one guy was being compliant when the cops kicked him in the back?

That's why I brought up single incidents. There will always be those.

But if we could wipe out 90% of this problem (my made up number), why not take that seemingly simple step?

I agree on police unions. Much like all unions, they arent after the truth, but protecting their members or their wallet.

I also agree on the poor issue vs the race issue. But again, I think a concerted effort there of teaching compliance makes a HUGE difference, where all the protests in the world don't.

I have kids. I teach them to treat officers with respect at this age. As they get older, I'll teach them to treat officers like a rabid dog. Meaning no aggression, no challenging, no sudden movements, say yes and we can worry about who's right and wrong after you're safe at home.

I would like to preface my comment with that I don't agree with the rioting/burning of cities. But after viewing many of these comments in this thread and elsewhere I think it further proves the necessity of the protests. People still keep denouncing the experiences of black people when it comes to others in this country. I mean even our senator Tim Scott was stopped by the police 7 times in a year. Many black people are sick and tired of being ignored when it comes to being more brutalized and target when it comes to law enforcement and the judicial system. The least we can do is listen to them. Maybe if people were able to get over being uncomfortable by peaceful protests such as kneeling and such it wouldn't have grown to violence it is today.

I also would like to point out that there are many marches and grassroots organizations that do try to create awareness in area like Chicago to diminish gun/gang violence. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it they don't exist. Just like how most of BLM protests are indeed peaceful, as soon as one of these events to prevent gun violence turn to violence , I'm sure that too would get national coverage and as much criticism here too.

These recent incidents seem to follow the same fact pattern:

1. Black Male commits crime
2. Police are called to the scene
3. Black male has extensive criminal history
4. Black male resists arrest/fights police
5. Black male is shot
6. Police are blamed
7. Protestors riot and burn

Eliminate #1 and #4 and none of these incidents happen. This is never addressed by the media or the social justice warriors. Wake up Staley and recognize that the behavior of the black males involved is what is leading to these incidents in the first place. Don't commit crime and don't resist arrest and your chances of being killed by police falls to near zero.

Actually, I think Staley wants whites to understand what it must be like to be a black person. Not to feel racist, but to feel empathy.

Of course black lives matter (No s**t Sherlock). Unquestionably, all lives matter. Sadly, too many people think that those not like them are second class. And they, who most need to hear such a message, are deaf.
Exactly. Get on the soap box every time you see a black person shoot a white or black person.
Isn't it something? Dawn, or any coach, really, can get on Twitter, tv, or any form of media and woke it up. But Mike Gundy can wear a t-shirt while he's not bothering anybody and the world comes to an end.
this

Reactions: Tmac069

5. Black male is shot
6. Police are blamed

Eliminate #1 and #4 and none of these incidents happen. This is never addressed by the media or the social justice warriors. Wake up Staley and recognize that the behavior of the black males involved is what is leading to these incidents in the first place. Don't commit crime and don't resist arrest and your chances of being killed by police falls to near zero.
Yes. Focus on the root cause. A crime was committed by a criminal

They are EXACTLY right. You cannot understand what it is like. What you do is have the conversation, listen to them and believe them. Then try to figure out what you can do to make it better.

Racism in America is a white problem. Period.

Bullshit. As a white male, I've sat in "diversity" meetings at work where they outright state that they are looking to hire and promote people that aren't white and aren't male.

How many black men today have sat in a meeting at work and had someone tell them to their face that we don't want to hire or promote some that looks like them?

That's why I brought up single incidents. There will always be those.

But if we could wipe out 90% of this problem (my made up number), why not take that seemingly simple step?

I agree on police unions. Much like all unions, they arent after the truth, but protecting their members or their wallet.

I also agree on the poor issue vs the race issue. But again, I think a concerted effort there of teaching compliance makes a HUGE difference, where all the protests in the world don't.

I have kids. I teach them to treat officers with respect at this age. As they get older, I'll teach them to treat officers like a rabid dog. Meaning no aggression, no challenging, no sudden movements, say yes and we can worry about who's right and wrong after you're safe at home.
I don’t disagree with that but it’s sad that’s the way you have to treat it. The fact that you have to treat them like a rabid dog just proves that there is a huge problem in the way they interact with people and really that’s not a racial thing.

So these things have happened to me in the last few months ...

I was visiting my brother who lives in a very affluent community . I was taking a walk with my sister in law , who is African American, and my nephews . A white lady in a Mercedes pulls up and stops us on the road and asks my Sister in law “How much she charges , because she needs a nanny for her grandkids “. My sister in law handled it very calmly and Pointed at the $750,000 home her and my brother live in . After the lady left my sister and law said it happens almost weekly ?!! C’mon.
My friend (Who is black) is an attorney just moved into a gated community in my town . He told me in the last month he’s been stopped and questioned 4 times by the HOA security for “looking Suspicious” and driving a “Suspicious Vehicle” (a black Denali ) . His two teenage boys were stopped for driving his golf cart just last week. C’mon . If you guys continue to stick your heads in the sand ur part of the problem . Its still a problem .

Reactions: mavcock and Gamekem
I don’t disagree with that but it’s sad that’s the way you have to treat it. The fact that you have to treat them like a rabid dog just proves that there is a huge problem in the way they interact with people and really that’s not a racial thing.

Agreed. But in keeping with the tone of the recent threads, I feel the need to add an insult about you. Do you have a preference?

Reactions: BlueCord86
I also would like to point out that there are many marches and grassroots organizations that do try to create awareness in area like Chicago to diminish gun/gang violence. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it they don't exist. Just like how most of BLM protests are indeed peaceful, as soon as one of these events to prevent gun violence turn to violence , I'm sure that too would get national coverage and as much criticism here too.
Sorry have not seen any marches directed at the black on black killings in Chicago. Nothing but reports of more killings.

Reactions: Expro19 and Tmac069

5. Black male is shot
6. Police are blamed

Yet a white kid can walk into a church and gun down 9 people and he’s arrested and brought in without a scratch . Not only that, they stop and grab him something to eat on the way in . Please explain this to me . A white kid Carrying a firearm he wasn’t old enough to have legally , kills three people (even if it was self defense) and the cops let him Go Home ?!? I think you do have some valid points but I also see so crazy s$&@t happening that makes no sense .

Reactions: Dizzy01
Choosing to commit a crime is optional.

Choosing to commit a crime while intoxicated or drugged is optional.

Resisting arrest once you're suspected of performing aforementioned crime is optional {and is risky business for all involved.}

The # white americans who died at the hands of a cop on average: 423. African Americans: 212.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

When adjusted for race as % of population (AA. approx 14%), AAs are slightly more likely to be killed by police.

However, when adjusted for overall crime rates, whites actually are more likely to be killed by police.

Both White & Black Americans are more likely to be killed from a lightening strike than unarmed and killed by police.

They didn't take him to Burger King on the way in to jail. How long is that canard going to last?
Right. They went and picked it up for him after he was in custody. It was a separate special trip. Let’s not get it confused.

Sorry have not seen any marches directed at the black on black killings in Chicago. Nothing but reports of more killings.
They absolutely do happen but that doesn’t fit the narrative of a specific news organization so they ignore that knowing their base doesn’t bother to actually look for information outside of what they feed them.

Right. They went and picked it up for him after he was in custody. It was a separate special trip. Let’s not get it confused.

That's right, don't get it confused, because it makes one look like a fool to claim something when the information is readily accessible.

Now, why would they get that food for him? Ostensibly, he hadn't eaten much or at all in a couple of days. By the simple act of getting him something to eat, they may be able to find out if he's killed anyone else. If he's working with anyone else and more killings are planned. Avoiding future charges from his lawyers that he was denied basic human rights, like food.

Or maybe the cops were racists and happy he killed those nine people. :rolleyes: I don't want to be confused.

I hope he gets off, he was assaulted and approached by an asshole with a handgun. Gonna be a lot more of these shootings until these assholes learn we arent taking this shit anymore
Nope. Shot the third guy and blew off his arm while he had his hands in the air. Dude was looking for a fight and got it. Typical white trash yahoo with a gun who thought he could go full Rambo on someone. Hope he enjoys his jail cell.

Nope. Shot the third guy and blew off his arm while he had his hands in the air. Dude was looking for a fight and got it. Typical white trash yahoo with a gun who thought he could go full Rambo on someone. Hope he enjoys his jail cell.

Nope! do your homework mavcock. Check these pictures. And The guy you said had his hands up has recently stated he froze, and wished he would have emptied his clip on him. Plus he was a felon.

Regardless of the criminal backgrounds of Blake, Floyd, etc., our Constitutional Republic (i.e., US is not a Democracy, thank the good Lord) has laws regarding due process. All those suspected of a crime have the right of due process, whereby they are arrested, charged, booked, arraigned, tried, etc. Such was denied them.

And THAT is what Staley is protesting - vigilante justice by law enforcement. This has nothing to do with black-on-black shootings anywhere, or whether or not a pregnant woman should abort. They merely obfuscate THE ISSUE, which is the lack of due process carried out by too many police officers.

I agree with you that Everyone needs to start waiting for the final details to come out on every case....if it’s 2 weeks or 2 months... Or how long...to respond. And that includes law enforcement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the police were trying to arrest him, and he resisted/fought them.

Yet a white kid can walk into a church and gun down 9 people and he’s arrested and brought in without a scratch . Not only that, they stop and grab him something to eat on the way in . Please explain this to me . A white kid Carrying a firearm he wasn’t old enough to have legally , kills three people (even if it was self defense) and the cops let him Go Home ?!? I think you do have some valid points but I also see so crazy s$&@t happening that makes no sense .

Rittenhouse approached the cops with his hands up.

Reactions: curver16

I was visiting my brother who lives in a very affluent community . I was taking a walk with my sister in law , who is African American, and my nephews . A white lady in a Mercedes pulls up and stops us on the road and asks my Sister in law “How much she charges , because she needs a nanny for her grandkids “. My sister in law handled it very calmly and Pointed at the $750,000 home her and my brother live in . After the lady left my sister and law said it happens almost weekly ?!! C’mon.
My friend (Who is black) is an attorney just moved into a gated community in my town . He told me in the last month he’s been stopped and questioned 4 times by the HOA security for “looking Suspicious” and driving a “Suspicious Vehicle” (a black Denali ) . His two teenage boys were stopped for driving his golf cart just last week. C’mon . If you guys continue to stick your heads in the sand ur part of the problem . Its still a problem .

I've heard those same stories many times. I find it weird that all black woman that marry rich white guys get asked to be Nanny's by their racist white neighbors in deeded HOA communities. That does sound very racist and it has literally happened to every liberal white person that has a black sister in law. No wonder the country is so divided?

I have read so much BS about the police driving by him and letting him go. Let this sink in for the posters who have leaned that way.
how many times have you been watching these protests and seen BLM with their hands up, chanting “Hands up don’t shoot”.
With the happenings of the event that night, seeing a person with their hands up. It didn’t mean anything because the police are numb to the chant and a person with their hands up.

You’ve obviously not seen the video.

Reactions: curver16
They didn't take him to Burger King on the way in to jail. How long is that canard going to last?

And I don't think he resisted arrest so I am not sure why these folks against police brutality are sad that he wasn't assaulted by the cops? Isn't that what this is all about?

And I don't think he resisted arrest so I am not sure why these folks against police brutality are sad that he wasn't assaulted by the cops? Isn't that what this is all about?

Yes. And I see whites, Asians, Hispanics marching for BLM. How many of the African Americans take time to march for Asians, whites, Hispanics ? It’s a problem if you only concerned with one group of folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT