ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game thread...

Did we watch a different spring game? I know he has only been with the team for a few months but he is a project right now. I will not be surprised if he is redshirted. He is just not ready to be a D1 qb right now.

I was really impressed with what I saw out of the other qb's for the most part. Too many drops by the wr's but that's to be expected in the spring. Offensive line looked improved.The latter part of the scrimmage the defense finally got some qb pressure. Blackshear got in there and got some preasure on the qb which is encouraging.
I guess I stated that before the interception and the fumble. It was on the drive where they scored a TD. After that he wasn't so good. Trying to make too many plays that weren't there.

QB stats:
Bently 15-25-0 int 174 yrds
Scarnecchia 9-20-0 int 146 yrds
Urich 3-11-1 int 20 yrds
Joyner 1-5-1 int 25 yrds

Yea, I see why Scarnecchia won't sniff the field this year, he is CLEARLY #4 (sarcasm).

Reactions: jonesz21
QB stats:
Bently 15-25-0 int 174 yrds
Scarnecchia 9-20-0 int 146 yrds
Urich 3-11-1 int 20 yrds
Joyner 1-5-1 int 25 yrds

Yea, I see why Scarnecchia won't sniff the field this year, he is CLEARLY #4 (sarcasm).

Is this Brandon Mcllwain? ( sarcasm)

you must have something in common with quitters....

...you can be a hall of famer, and you quit ( and all places, in middle of season) on your team in sports, you're done as far as i'm concerned

OK, I got it wrong.

Never miss a chance to show your **ass.

Ignore the results.. The refs were cheating anyway... The entire crew colluded with the Russians

Despite the passing numbers I was happy to see what both Urich and Joyner had at qb.

Both of them have the legs to add a new feature to this offense. Urich may not be able to put up Lamar Jackson numbers running (Joyner could though I think), but a defense would definitely have to account for them as run threats.

Most of the fruits of running qb's come from the first ten yards or so. But if Urich ever gets open space he sure does start gobbling up yards in a hurry.

Actually like Urich's arm too. He made a couple of dumb throws but he seems accurate, with enough arm to at least be serviceable. Joyner seemed like he had more zip, but really wasn't sure where to go with it.

Be interesting to see what happens down the road. Depending on how much weight Urich can put on he could be a hoss. If he had 230 pounds on that frame he'd still look lean. If he can add 25 or so pounds and not slow down he'll be an interesting option at qb.

As far as Joyner goes, his legs are the best at that position on the team (though Urich is definitely good enough to add that to the options when he is in the game). In a way he seems physically more developed than Urich already. But it was hard to even tell if he was an accurate passer, given his decision making.

Joyner may well be the next big thing. But unless they have some wildcat kind of thing planned for him, I doubt he plays this year.

Next year could be really different though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh yeah, Muku- however you spell that is going to be really good and a bad matchup for wr's to go against.

Rush is going to be a big time receiver here. Well if his drops were because of that cast thing. He gets open and you can just tell he will get yards - if he hauls it in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT