ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier at practice today!

nikolas22

Dec 2, 2013
20992746_1593542204024613_6552542170189564961_n.jpg

He's wearing blue pants. He's scouting for Florida. How could this coaching staff allow that. Jesus man.

Did his house ever sell? Anyone know? I tried to scrape up the $1.3 mil but came up a bit short.

Guy on his left is the guy who was Spurrier's right hand man at all his public appearances at Carolina. Jamie Speronis. Florida grad and Spurrier club member for many years.

Reactions: Brace1
I don't like the way he left us but he did put in 10 years and has a building named for he and his Mrs. Just check his pockets for cameras and note pads.

Lotta manboobs in that pic. But I will always appreciate what Spurrier did for this program. He took us to another level, and Muschamp will do the same. Go Cocks!!!
Wish I could feel the praise & appreciation you do! I'd have felt the same (enjoyed those 3 amazing years too, btw) had he left us on solid ground as he easily could have! We were right there competing with the best & dominating Clemson on & off the field! He chose to quit working and turn the program over to his son and, apparently, didn't even supervise ANYTHING while still employed! Sorry - to have left us the empty cupboard he did and cause us to have to struggle as when he arrived I just can't feel the love & appreciation some do. Just wish he'd left when we were on the rise & in a position to get someone to come into an established program - he could've done that but chose the lazy/arrogant, back-to-square-one route while our instate rival took advantage and look at what happened. I credit Spurrier for that more than Dabo! Go Muschamp - so happy to have you with your energy & determination! You're our coach now and ALL we need to talk about IMO! Spurrier's history some good - some bad (his choice) - and is where he needs to be - Florida!

Reactions: NooNoo
I would think he might be a distraction. No offense, just my opinion.
I don't know why he would be, anymore than, say, Jon Gruden would be if he blew into town. Probably the players have Spurrier in the rear-view mirror, those who were here when he was.

Wish I could feel the praise & appreciation you do! I'd have felt the same (enjoyed those 3 amazing years too, btw) had he left us on solid ground as he easily could have! We were right there competing with the best & dominating Clemson on & off the field! He chose to quit working and turn the program over to his son and, apparently, didn't even supervise ANYTHING while still employed! Sorry - to have left us the empty cupboard he did and cause us to have to struggle as when he arrived I just can't feel the love & appreciation some do. Just wish he'd left when we were on the rise & in a position to get someone to come into an established program - he could've done that but chose the lazy/arrogant, back-to-square-one route while our instate rival took advantage and look at what happened. I credit Spurrier for that more than Dabo! Go Muschamp - so happy to have you with your energy & determination! You're our coach now and ALL we need to talk about IMO! Spurrier's history some good - some bad (his choice) - and is where he needs to be - Florida!
This is a really stupid post- coaches don't leave the program whilenitnisnob top. Hardly ever happens- nobody knows the future and human nature is to assume something going well will continue to go well... He didn't run the program into the ground on purpose at the end- get a grip.

This is a really stupid post- coaches don't leave the program whilenitnisnob top. Hardly ever happens- nobody knows the future and human nature is to assume something going well will continue to go well... He didn't run the program into the ground on purpose at the end- get a grip.

It is also human nature when you know you are leaving a place you stop caring so much.

Reactions: cocky lady

Ditto.

Coaches preach to their players to never quit.

Spurrier quit a couple of years before walking out in midseason.

He killed the exact same program that he built and that is an undeniable fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT