ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier back at it

DibbleDee

Nov 16, 2020
He'll be zinging UGA until his dying day. I love the "obviously they were in bad coverage."

"DeVonta, gosh I still remember when he was a true freshman when he caught the touchdown to beat Georgia for the national championship. Nobody knew who he was, he just flew down the sideline and obviously Georgia was in a bad coverage. Some kind of Cover 2 on that side — which doesn’t make sense — but that’s what they were doing.”

😂😂😂😂

He'll be zinging UGA until his dying day. I love the "obviously they were in bad coverage."

"DeVonta, gosh I still remember when he was a true freshman when he caught the touchdown to beat Georgia for the national championship. Nobody knew who he was, he just flew down the sideline and obviously Georgia was in a bad coverage. Some kind of Cover 2 on that side — which doesn’t make sense — but that’s what they were doing.”

😂😂😂😂
Spurrier? Isn't that the guy who ran the SC program into a ditch and then quit?

People can say what they want about Spurrier but he made us relevant and is part of the reason that some of us believe you can actually have success at USC.
I think you are correct to credit him for what he did for the SC program. But you cannot remove his responsibility for the rapid and nealy complete collapse of that program.

I think you are correct to credit him for what he did for the SC program. But you cannot remove his responsibility for the rapid and nealy complete collapse of that program.
I never said his departure didn't absolved him from criticism. I still believe the highs of his time here along with the peaks of our program's success far outweighed the lows in the immediate aftermath of his departure. Sure I wish he left the program in a more stable condition but I ain't going to hold a grudge on the one guy that kept us nationally relevant for a period of time. It's been over 5 years, the current state of our program is no longer his fault.

I never said his departure didn't absolved him from criticism. I still believe the highs of his time here along with the peaks of our program's success far outweighed the lows in the immediate aftermath of his departure. Sure I wish he left the program in a more stable condition but I ain't going to hold a grudge on the one guy that kept us nationally relevant for a period of time. It's been over 5 years, the current state of our program is no longer his fault.
Preach

Reactions: DrMickey
Spurrier? Isn't that the guy who ran the SC program into a ditch and then quit?
Or, looking at it a different way. Spurrier was the coach that came to SC and started a streak of routinely kicking UGA puppies - after he has spent a number of years at UF doing the same thing.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Or, looking at it a different way. Spurrier was the coach that came to SC and started a streak of routinely kicking UGA puppies - after he has spent a number of years at UF doing the same thing.
Or, looking at it in yet another way, Spurrier went 5-6 vs UGA while at SC. Which, unless I'm wrong, is a losing record. Congrats on your three in a row.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I'd argue that he didn't "keep" SC nationally relevant. He had a handful of good years - three really good ones. He had a good run vs. UGA and Clemson. Then he let it start to slip away and walked. SC went from a #4 national ranking to losing at home to the Citadel a couple of years later to a two win team this year. Is it all Spurrier's fault? No, but he bears a lot of responsibility for what has happened here.

Reactions: seahorse99
5-6 against UGA IS a winning record here. At least mentally it is.
I'm not trying to bash SC football. To a point, I get why people revere him here. But he is also a big part of why the program went into freefall.

I'd argue that he didn't "keep" SC nationally relevant. He had a handful of good years - three really good ones. He had a good run vs. UGA and Clemson. Then he let it start to slip away and walked. SC went from a #4 national ranking to losing at home to the Citadel a couple of years later to a two win team this year. Is it all Spurrier's fault? No, but he bears a lot of responsibility for what has happened here.
Lol really? You still trying to blame spurrier for the shit show we have now? Put all the blame on tanner...spurrier wanted to leave a year before he actually did...he knew his heart wasn’t in it..tanner talked him into staying...i get it spurrier hurt your little feelings ..get over it

That actually sounds like the opposite of success. "I worked on it and left it no better than it was."

That's actually progress compared to the two butt sniffers y'all sent us that have buried the program so deep that it'll need 10 resurrections, a forklift, and a crane just to bring it to the surface. And we had to fork out a fortune to get rid of one of the clowns, scared to think how long we'll have to wait to get rid of the other.

• Haha
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
That actually sounds like the opposite of success. "I worked on it and left it no better than it was."

Success? Fran Tarkenton correctly pointed out that UGA is the most under performing program in the last 50 years, considering the talent each coach has brought in.

😂😂😂😂

Don't forget the school who wouldn't give him the time of day when he came out of HS...

"You can't spell Citrus without UT."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT