ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier in Year 5

Doesn't matter...in either scenario we don't have the horses to do anything, unless a miracle happens. We've got no line capable of blocking, no RBs capable of making a big play & damn sure don't have a receiver capable of going up and making a play.

I did. Not sure about the person you quoted whether they left or not. I’m just trying to think about who to pull for now and what to do with all of the Carolina loser crap I’ve collected over my life. I’m going with Coastal Carolina I think. Not sure yet.
The childish insults being hurled at staff and players who are literally risking their health just to win games for your entertainment- is what is pitiful. If you hate the team so damn much, then LEAVE. Constant whining and bitching and insulting people or denigrating other posters for trying to make fair assessments of a situation is immature and does nothing but damage to what should be the unified goal of the fans of this team. You are truly a pathetic disgrace of a fan.

Not going for it was huge mistake. It doesn't matter how long the distance was, it was still one more chance where the penalty for not making it was meaningless.

Here is an analogy: I will give you $1,000 if you can hit a ballon with a dart in one toss and pop it at 10' or i will give you $1,000 if you pop it with two attempts at 10' 3".

Do you need to know the outcome before you know which one of these decision makes more sense? Two chances vs. 1 with very little difference in the penalty for the second attempt.

The difference between going for it and not going for it was 6 seconds off the clock and 3 yards. The 3 points don't factor in.

Wrong...........you would have needed a TD to tie so you needed a TD either way at the end. 4th and 12 is not a high percentage. A FG with over 4 minutes left and three TOs was the right call. Had we stopped UT with no first downs instead of letting them get one, we would be driving for a game winning TD. Remember, we had to have a TD either way. You take the points there, and lean on the D. It was UT, not UF or Bama or UGA..........their offense was not overwhelming so the FG was the right move.

Doesn't matter...in either scenario we don't have the horses to do anything, unless a miracle happens. We've got no line capable of blocking, no RBs capable of making a big play & damn sure don't have a receiver capable of going up and making a play.

Shi Smith says hello.

I did. Not sure about the person you quoted whether they left or not. I’m just trying to think about who to pull for now and what to do with all of the Carolina loser crap I’ve collected over my life. I’m going with Coastal Carolina I think. Not sure yet.

Coastal Carolina?😂😂

Have you ever been to a game there? Buncha Gamecock wannabes. They have the “Williams Brice Building” next to the stadium, their Mascot is a made up word for a Gamecock, and they even use the same rooster crow noise piped into their stadium that we use. You are literally buying the generic version of the team you just called a loser!

Spurrier was a national championship winning coach who was better than 2-14 against ranked teams in his first 4 years. While I'm not bashing Muschamp specifically, Spurrier earned the time to make it work. Muschamp has flopped at two schools. Unless he figures something out and soon, there will be much angry gnashing of teeth.
Why is what he did at Florida factored in to what he's doing here. Should your current job look at your past job for the work you do for them?

Why is what he did at Florida factored in to what he's doing here. Should your current job look at your past job for the work you do for them?
When you build a reputation, it follows you. Your potential employer will ask your old employer for a reference. When your body of work is that public and your reference is that glowing, then yes. What you did previously can easily affect how much grace your new employer will give you adjusting to their place of employment. I had a similar situation. When I was hired for my current job, I wasn't at all qualified on the equipment I now am essentially a regional expert on. I was hired for my previous experience with similar equipment and sent to school at expense to train me on the new equipment because my resume and references were impressive enough to warrant it. It's a decision my current employer and I still don't regret 13 years (and a few promotions) later.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
1st 4 years comparison: Spurrier vs. Champ (just the numbers)

Spurrier had us in the Top 25 for 10 weeks, and as high as No. #7 in country. Champ had us ranked once at #24 due to pre-season hype....only to get blasted by UGA at home 41-17.

Spurrier also beat 7 ranked teams. Champ twice.

Spurrier beat our (ranked) rival. Champ zero wins and also holds the honor as the worst run vs. CU in SC history - being outscored 184 to 55.

Spurrier also was a media darling which was great for the university. Champ is the #1 candidate to be fired at the moment, which has been broadcast throughout virtually every media outlet.
Yeah we played the first game of the season on Thursday night because of spurrier.

Not going for it was huge mistake. It doesn't matter how long the distance was, it was still one more chance where the penalty for not making it was meaningless.

Here is an analogy: I will give you $1,000 if you can hit a ballon with a dart in one toss and pop it at 10' or i will give you $1,000 if you pop it with two attempts at 10' 3".

Do you need to know the outcome before you know which one of these decision makes more sense? Two chances vs. 1 with very little difference in the penalty for the second attempt.

The difference between going for it and not going for it was 6 seconds off the clock and 3 yards. The 3 points don't factor in.
Totally agree,you have to go for it in that situation. You still need a touchdown to win regardless of cutting their lead to 4.

Spurrier is and always will be a legend. He gave us a chance to win every game from day 1. Keep it close and make a big play in the 4th quarter. Comparing Spurrier to Muschamp is like comparing the Atlanta Braves to the Savannah Bananas.
Comparing Spurrier to ANY other coach we’ve ever had is the same. The newer generation of posters and fans just do not recognize the significance and uniqueness of our time with Steve Spurrier, and want to think that became the new normal. The mantra is that “he proved you could win here”; the reality is that he proved that HE could win ANYWHERE. We were blessed with those years; we never saw them before, and sans another Spurrier unlikely to see them again.

You don't think Florida's already scheming up ways to take Shi out of the game right now? We'd better have some other receivers ready to step up if we even want to keep this respectable.

The quote was… “We don’t have a receiver who can make a big play.”

Now if you want to say we don’t have other big play receivers besides Shi....Then that’s accurate.

Prove it
Coastal Carolina?😂😂

Have you ever been to a game there? Buncha Gamecock wannabes. They have the “Williams Brice Building” next to the stadium, their Mascot is a made up word for a Gamecock, and they even use the same rooster crow noise piped into their stadium that we use. You are literally buying the generic version of the team you just called a loser!

You’re a loser!
Comparing Spurrier to ANY other coach we’ve ever had is the same. The newer generation of posters and fans just do not recognize the significance and uniqueness of our time with Steve Spurrier, and want to think that became the new normal. The mantra is that “he proved you could win here”; the reality is that he proved that HE could win ANYWHERE. We were blessed with those years; we never saw them before, and sans another Spurrier unlikely to see them again.

I can’t wait for every piece of crap hillbilly to support your message! So, y’all can continue to support a bunch of crap from our football department. You can continue to support losers. Spurrier isn’t once in a lifetime. Unless you accept being a loser.

Coastal Carolina?😂😂

Agree....but losing to UConn in the frozen pizza bowl was the low point.
It should be noted that when Marcus got hurt v. UK, we fell apart.
That's true. Marcus was our entire team at times.

When was the last time we lost to Vandy by the way?

The childish insults being hurled at staff and players who are literally risking their health just to win games for your entertainment- is what is pitiful. If you hate the team so damn much, then LEAVE. Constant whining and bitching and insulting people or denigrating other posters for trying to make fair assessments of a situation is immature and does nothing but damage to what should be the unified goal of the fans of this team. You are truly a pathetic disgrace of a fan.
*Sniffle*

I was curious about year 5 under Spurrier and thought this was interesting.
He went 7-6 overall and 3-5 in the SEC.
I’m not here to defend Muschamp. Just passing this along.
I guess we'll be disappointed when Muschamp wins seven this year, too.

I kid, I kid.

I'm crying. I look at our program versus others and I just cringe at how far we have fallen. Craps sad. I mean sad. We are school that won't take chances. I miss the Spurrier days.

Reactions: ForeUSC
Only because of the bowl game LOL.

However, both were inexcusable losses. IMO, App moreso because at home, non P5 opponent, never led after the 1st quarter

UK was a classic trap game, especially for a team like us. On the road, after such a huge win. You can see it coming, yet still can't stop it.
We were all set to blow Kentucky out in that game. Marcus goes down with an injury and the rest of the team forgets how to play football. We couldn't do anything offensively and I've never seen so many blown coverages on defense.

Check Spurrier record again, please. After five....no losing seasons. There or 4, dont remember, bowl games. He was 7 games over .500. He had beaten several ranked teams. There is no comparison between Spurriers 5 years and where Muschamp is at I game into his 5th season
there is also no comparison in quality teams either...uf was down, ut was down uk was uk, clemson sure wasnt where they are now. and yet there were still tight games that would most likely be losses to the teams now

You and others can continue to defend Muschamp and try to favorably compare his record and thus his coaching ability to Spurrier as long as you want. I hope you’re correct and that Muschamp can amass the outstanding record and accomplishments of Spurrier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT