ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier should announce his retirement now so Tanner can openly start

Although I respect CSS and acknowledge his greatness as a coach I agree that a change is necessary unless things change in a hurry. The good news is that USC is a premium job and there are many great coaches who would be interested in the job. Off the top of my head I'd look at the following candidates.
1 Mark Hudspeth- HC ULL
2. Bud Foster DC VA Tech
3.Ruffin Mc Neil HC ECU
4Justin Fuentes HC Memphid
#2 and #3? All I can say is LMAO!!!!!!

When Tanner took (snared) the AD job, I was happy that we had promoted from within and we did with a proven winner ( 2 NC's and 1 runner-up). However, when the warm and fuzzy euphoria wore off, I remembered saying to my self, 'Wait! Hold it! We have just promoted one of our most successful coaches ever, OUT of his coaching position and filled the top job in the AD with a NOVICE? Something's wrong with this equation. This is (on its face) something really dumb - something that the 'old' Carolina would do - not the enlightened, pragmatic Carolina of the 21st century' . . . but we did.

We've got to get smarter, folks. We've got some of the best ass-kickin' alumni and business programs right here in Columbia, SC. So, let's go kick some ass OR slink back into the hen house where the hens won't even give us the time of day . . . or anything else for that matter.
That's what happens with "emotional" hires. They feel good at the time and then as time goes on you realize it was not a good hire.

The entire Tanner and Holbrook situation was emotional and more and more it seems neither was a good idea and we will pay for it.

Now, with Spurrier, he was a great hire but his time has played out. Now we need our emotional hire to deal with our played out hire. It may be possible that both need to be replaced.

That's what happens with "emotional" hires. They feel good at the time and then as time goes on you realize it was not a good hire.

The entire Tanner and Holbrook situation was emotional and more and more it seems neither was a good idea and we will pay for it.

Now, with Spurrier, he was a great hire but his time has played out. Now we need our emotional hire to deal with our played out hire. It may be possible that both need to be replaced.
What about all the useless leach hires-ward botkin and Adams....

Can we hit them in the head with one of the new bricks around the stadium?

recruiting a new coach for next season.

I know this may sound rash but we have to face reality. Our football program is on a downward spiral and is not going to get any better anytime soon. This season is going to get worse and worse.

Thus, if Spurrier would announce his retirement, it would open the door for hope for hiring a quality coach who could start building up the program.

Otherwise, the program is going to get driven down so far that it will take many years just to get back to a level of mediocrity.

Now is the time for Ray Tanner to "suggest" that Spurrier should retire and start working on getting a good coach in here for next season..

This would allow Spurrier to exit with some dignity and also hopefully keep our football program from going into complete mediocrity or worse.

Who will you hire big man?

Although I respect CSS and acknowledge his greatness as a coach I agree that a change is necessary unless things change in a hurry. The good news is that USC is a premium job and there are many great coaches who would be interested in the job. Off the top of my head I'd look at the following candidates.
1 Mark Hudspeth- HC ULL
2. Bud Foster DC VA Tech
3.Ruffin Mc Neil HC ECU
4Justin Fuentes HC Memphid

Wow, you would fire Steve Spurrier to hire one of those guys? You are fired before you even get the job. What a dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT