ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier statement on belief in winning

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpcooper
Helps to play in a $hit conference too. Spurrier’s Florida teams cruised in the SEC Championship games because the power wasn’t in the east those days with the Gators and Tennessee. He had Tennessee’s number. Clemson doesn’t play a conference opponent near those Tennessee quality teams during this run.
I was talking about the attitude and the believe.. the power of believing you can achieve your goals, one step at a time.

I was talking about the attitude and the believe.. the power of believing you can achieve your goals, one step at a time.

All that stuff is all good. I just personally wish Spurrier would stop praising / talking about how he pulls for Clemson now, likes Dabo and just give us a break as Gamecocks through this. Go consult the Gators. Coach the Apollos. Talk Duke, Carolina, and Florida Football. Only talk FSU, UGA, or Clemson if you have something bad to say.

Don’t you think Spurrier tried to get a change in the attitudes with the BOT, maybe that is why he quit.. they aren’t interested in investing enough in the major sports program
I could have told you that. They're old and only on the board because they're politicians or they want to rub elbows with the politicians and make money. 80% of them are old as dirt and are completely out of touch. Majority of them are on the BOT to serve their own interest, they aren't there to serve the interest of USC. I can say that with absolute confidence too.

I could have told you that. They're old and only on the board because they're politicians or they want to rub elbows with the politicians and make money. 80% of them are old as dirt and are completely out of touch. Majority of them are on the BOT to serve their own interest, they aren't there to serve the interest of USC. I can say that with absolute confidence too.
How do you change this? There is enough alumni, fans to to put pressure on the board. The rest of the schools do.. how many bot resigned this year. There has to be a way to unite the fan base to demand a change at the top. Nothing changes until you get that changed. You have to have support from the bot, ad to ever succeed

Don’t you think Spurrier tried to get a change in the attitudes with the BOT, maybe that is why he quit.. they aren’t interested in investing enough in the major sports program

No. I think Spurrier got this program to do more than it had ever done. I think Spurrier got lazy (which he admitted) and hated losing. I think after blowing double digit leads late in the 4th (2014) against Missouri and UT almost caused him to quit. Once that seed was planted all it was going to take was another major letdown. He didn’t have to coach anymore and he said screw it.

He’s only coaching Orlando for kicks. Wants to be around football but he was finished.

Spurrier was probably frustrated when he got here but he was able to change a lot about the SC Football program when it comes to admin. From the sound of it, Muschamp came in and got even more. I can’t see them giving into Muschamp and not Spurrier. I just think Spurrier thought he got the program to the level where it would recruit itself. He got decent ranked classes. Evaluations were poor.

We’d believe we could win with that Clemson schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT