ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier Suggestion Thread

muscleknight

Mar 26, 2001
SOS says he is open to suggestions so I thought I would start a thread. Can the moderators who attend the Spurrier press conferences, have access to him etc. relay our suggestions?

Here are mine to start:

1. Have DB's jam wide receivers at the line of scrimmage to disrupt their route
2. Bring back the I formation in the red zone

Reactions: GamecockJL
images

...and then...
images

some more!

1. More of Zo running the triple option with Pharaoh in the backfield. From what we've seen thus far, I believe this would give us the best chance of sustaining longer drives. This would improve our chances of keeping the other team's offense off the field, as well as putting us in position to score.

2. Amen to the poster above me for saying BUMP the receivers right off the line. I know we've got to stay with them after that, but allowing them to get up to full speed or giving them the short stuff all day is hard to watch.

3. A motivational movie the night before each game. It worked for the Dawgs! The point is, players seem to play better when they get emotionally excited. So someone needs to light a fire under these guys and allow them to play up to their potential.

4. Doubling or tripling our recruiting budget would bring it more in line with our peers in the SEC.

5. Never punt beyond mid-field. Either go for it or try Fry. If we can't stop them, we might as well try to beat them.

Move Isaiah to SS (he needs to be nearer the ball instead of backing up out of the endzone) and DJ Smith to FS.
Deport the D. Asst. Coaches to Pitcairn Island

Recruit 110%, recruit kids familys and start early and get to know everybody and do not be out of town, when a great recruit wants to see you.
Let Nunez run the option and roll out when he throws. Do not go for it on 4th down on our side of the field.
On defense, jam the WR's, form tackling, let do DL do stunts and get off blocks, maybe, like, some spin moves. go cocks

Move Isaiah to SS (he needs to be nearer the ball instead of backing up out of the endzone) and DJ Smith to FS.
Deport the D. Asst. Coaches to Pitcairn Island

Pitcairn Island. LOL I had to look that up but after seeing its location I am in full agreement of that suggestion

SOS says he is open to suggestions so I thought I would start a thread. Can the moderators who attend the Spurrier press conferences, have access to him etc. relay our suggestions?

Here are mine to start:

1. Have DB's jam wide receivers at the line of scrimmage to disrupt their route
2. Bring back the I formation in the red zone
- call all offensive plays yourself.
- keep running the plays that are working.
- don't throw when you are trying to run time off the clock.

Recruit 110%, recruit kids familys and start early and get to know everybody and do not be out of town, when a great recruit wants to see you.
Let Nunez run the option and roll out when he throws. Do not go for it on 4th down on our side of the field.
On defense, jam the WR's, form tackling, let do DL do stunts and get off blocks, maybe, like, some spin moves. go cocks

Spurrier was at the meeting in Destin, where every other SEC coach was attending when this incident occured!! You need to find something else to complain about (and I am sure you can)!
My suggestion is this: Don't listen to anything that comes from this group of "experts"!

Spurrier was at the meeting in Destin, where every other SEC coach was attending when this incident occured!! You need to find something else to complain about (and I am sure you can)!
My suggestion is this: Don't listen to anything that comes from this group of "experts"!

Or keep doing the same thing because it is working so well?? o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT