ADVERTISEMENT

State Fair & Flooding

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
First off- I believe moving the game was the right call. BUT not to LSU.
What about the state fair that starts next week... will they cancel the fair because of how bad the roads are, the amount of HP and first responders that have to work the event, and lack of clean water around the area?

Then we get to next Saturday and the game against Vandy- I'm not sure that one week from now that the area will be in much better shape... Should we go ahead and start checking with Charlotte and other areas to see if we could use their stadium next Saturday?

What about all the people that have to work the game at Clemson from first responders, HP, etc.... and all the travel across the state through Columbia to get there....is that not something that should be moved as well? Crickets....

Reactions: 95cpacock
First off- I believe moving the game was the right call. BUT not to LSU.
What about the state fair that starts next week... will they cancel the fair because of how bad the roads are, the amount of HP and first responders that have to work the event, and lack of clean water around the area?

Then we get to next Saturday and the game against Vandy- I'm not sure that one week from now that the area will be in much better shape... Should we go ahead and start checking with Charlotte and other areas to see if we could use their stadium next Saturday?

You can play at noon in Death Valley. We play at night against BC

please wake up.

1) This storm didn't impact the Clemson area in the same way it did Columbia. Do you folks have televisions?

2) The interstates are in pretty good shape- the upstate is fine from a road standpoint. Folks that want to hop on the interstate in Charleston and drive up to Clemson on Saturday on the interstate won't really face any issues.

3) USC would be holding this game if it weren't for serious problems downtown, and requests from local law enforcement to not hold it the game to further tax their local people.

What about all the people that have to work the game at Clemson from first responders, HP, etc.... and all the travel across the state through Columbia to get there....is that not something that should be moved as well? Crickets....

+ 1 The SC State Fair and Vandy game all rolled into one next Saturday. They should move the State Fair to Clemmy

we still have a week before the fair

The fair provide a lot of their own parking people.

I am sure if there are requests from law enforcement come this weekend that the fair delay opening, they will consider doing it.

QUOTE]

Why are so many people worried about the Clemson game and what they do or don't do up there? It's like an obsession with some of you.

Looking forward to going to the state fair with the family. Some enjoyment in the aftermath of the bad things caused by the flooding.

and pretty pathetic

especially considering they didn't experience anything remotely like Columbia did.

It boils down to this- Tanner made the decision based on information from his boss, and local emergency officals -

and if people don't like it- they can sit around and be mad. It doesn't matter.

Why are so many people worried about the Clemson game and what they do or don't do up there? It's like an obsession with some of you.

Reactions: rogue cock
and pretty pathetic

especially considering they didn't experience anything remotely like Columbia did.

It boils down to this- Tanner made the decision based on information from his boss, and local emergency officals -

and if people don't like it- they can sit around and be mad. It doesn't matter.
Agree. Honestly, completely shocked and disappointed at some of the responses. Reminds of of 5 year old in the toy section screaming "I want, I want...."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT