ADVERTISEMENT

Steel to Southern Cal

meckroster

Gold Member
Dec 8, 2000
You really can’t blame him beautiful Southern California or hot ass Columbia. Lots of fun stuff out there,be honest what is thereto do in Columbia except sweat. Not counting all the media coverage out there.

You really can’t blame him beautiful Southern California or hot ass Columbia. Lots of fun stuff out there,be honest what is thereto do in Columbia except sweat. Not counting all the media coverage out there.
except that beautiful southern Cal ain't as beautiful as it used to be. Big crap hole these days with a few exceptions.

Yeah, California is terrible. Terrible!
How can you say that and live in Columbia if you do you people got your head in your back pocket if you think there is anything great about Columbia. I have been a Gamecock all
Mylife you couldn’t pay me to live in S.C. again.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
How can you say that and live in Columbia if you do you people got your head in your back pocket if you think there is anything great about Columbia. I have been a Gamecock all
Sorry, I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

I live in Charleston. We certainly don't need anymore people here.

Where do currently live? I bet it must be AWESOME! Again, that's sarcasm.

I enjoy living on Lake Murray quite a bit. I wouldn't mind living in Greenville, Aiken or one of the smaller beach towns either.

California is quickly becoming our nation's worst neighborhood. I know several good people that have left, and some who still want out. Sad, but true. Beautiful land. Great weather. Brutal taxes. And terrible gang violence. Go west, young man...and try not to get your self mugged or shot.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
California is quickly becoming our nation's worst neighborhood. I know several good people that have left, and some who still want out. Sad, but true. Beautiful land. Great weather. Brutal taxes. And terrible gang violence. Go west, young man...and try not to get your self mugged or shot.
California would be the 5th largest economy in the world if it were a country, it has good public schools, world class universities, a 6 billion dollar budget surplus and it is the wellspring for our technological dominance as a nation. As for crime, the rates have fallen dramatically over the last 25 years, which corresponds to a national trend. Columbia has one of the highest violent crime rates per cap in the nation. We did have a player get shot recently, you know. But yeah, agreed, Compton is also very, very high. So, yeah... In any event, the real problem with California is there are too many people and not enough water, which is causing a horrendous housing crunch. Municipal over-regulation and high taxes also don't help.

Columbia is one of the most fun college towns in the country. Beautiful, historic campus, awesome extracurricular facilities, wild bar scene, great restaurants, some of the best looking women in the country.. I don't see how you could be an 18 year old and NOT have a good time

I was halfway with you until the restaurants. Columbia absolutly sucks in the restaurant department. Fine dining is not exaistant. Compare it to Charleston or Greenville and it’s no comparison.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
California would be the 5th largest economy in the world if it were a country, it has good public schools, world class universities, a 6 billion dollar budget surplus and it is the wellspring for our technological dominance as a nation. As for crime, the rates have fallen dramatically over the last 25 years, which corresponds to a national trend. Columbia has one of the highest violent crime rates per cap in the nation. We did have a player get shot recently, you know. But yeah, agreed, Compton is also very, very high. So, yeah... In any event, the real problem with California is there are too many people and not enough water, which is causing a horrendous housing crunch. Municipal over-regulation and high taxes also don't help.

Seems like there is a big ocean out there with melting icebergs. If they had money maybe they would build desalination plants and sell the sea salt. I'll take little old South Carolina over the liberal west coast any day.

Reactions: goboykin
Wouldn't want to. It would be a better investment to pay you not to.

F@$& off

Seems like there is a big ocean out there with melting icebergs. If they had money maybe they would build desalination plants and sell the sea salt. I'll take little old South Carolina over the liberal west coast any day.
Well, they had a six billion dollar surplus this year, so maybe they will. Quick question - you ever been to California?

I was halfway with you until the restaurants. Columbia absolutly sucks in the restaurant department. Fine dining is not exaistant. Compare it to Charleston or Greenville and it’s no comparison.

That's fairly true right now, however, I'd suggest doing a little research on what is in store for Columbia in the next 3-5 months. Hall's is already moving in to the NBSC building on Main Street and that's arguably some of the finest dining in all of SC. Check out the plans for the Cayce waterfront project if you haven't already. This town has a lot going for it believe it or not.

except that beautiful southern Cal ain't as beautiful as it used to be. Big crap hole these days with a few exceptions.
Who just reached a $9 billion dollar surplus this year....our federal government could use a few lessons. California is easily the most financially successful state in the United States. And it happens to be a beautiful state from the mountains to the coast.

That's fairly true right now, however, I'd suggest doing a little research on what is in store for Columbia in the next 3-5 months. Hall's is already moving in to the NBSC building on Main Street and that's arguably some of the finest dining in all of SC. Check out the plans for the Cayce waterfront project if you haven't already. This town has a lot going for it believe it or not.
Hall's is also opening in Greenville. Their Charleston restaurant is top notch....I'll wait to see if they can maintain the quality level.

Hall's is also opening in Greenville. Their Charleston restaurant is top notch....I'll wait to see if they can maintain the quality level.

Hall's has been open in Greenville now for over a year. The quality of Greenville lines up with that of Charleston. As far as I know, they are all owned and operated by the same owners so I don't expect a drop off.

Reactions: rogue cock
Hall's has been open in Greenville now for over a year. The quality of Greenville lines up with that of Charleston. As far as I know, they are all owned and operated by the same owners so I don't expect a drop off.
Shows you how often I get back home to my old stomping grounds....had no clue that they were already open.

Who just reached a $9 billion dollar surplus this year....our federal government could use a few lessons. California is easily the most financially successful state in the United States. And it happens to be a beautiful state from the mountains to the coast.
maybe they'll use that 9 billion surplus to start paying off that 1.3 trillion they're already in debt for. Probably many of the new incentives by the feds that is helping cali with that surplus....but who knows.

Hey send everyone to California ... there’s no more room down here in Florida anymore the state is closed until further notice . Won’t be long before I have a parking meter in my drive way

maybe they'll use that 9 billion surplus to start paying off that 1.3 trillion they're already in debt for. Probably many of the new incentives by the feds that is helping cali with that surplus....but who knows.
Perhaps they will. But we are almost as bad as they are. SC's debt per taxpayer is $18,000 to California's $21,000. And I think that was before the SCANA blow-up.

California = the insaine asylum for the USA.

Welcome to the hotel California..........
The eagles said it best. “You can check out but you can never leave”

I agree it’s a Great place.......to keep them far away from me.

I'm really just saying all this in the context of it being a great college town. Plenty of good dining options for students that are fun and affordable. And then some decent "fine" dining options for dates and whatnot. Compare it to a town like, say, Clemson, SC and it blows it out of the water.

And obviously it doesn't touch Charleston- few cities in the country, hell maybe even the world, do. And I agree it's not quite as good as Greenville, either. I do think it's better than you're giving it credit for though.

If you want fine dinning you have got go to Atlanta or Charlotte same for flying.

Well, they had a six billion dollar surplus this year, so maybe they will. Quick question - you ever been to California?
How the heck did they go from almost bankruptcy to 6 billion in a couple of years while supporting their welfare state? No haven't been and don't need to go, but I've seen some nice pictures. It's all yours.

It's another "Shock The World" announcement by doing the very thing most everyone initially felt he'd be doing to begin with. Funny all the drama going on over there with the SoCal Rivals reporter pissing on his announcement parade......

It's another "Shock The World" announcement by doing the very thing most everyone initially felt he'd be doing to begin with. Funny all the drama going on over there with the SoCal Rivals reporter pissing on his announcement parade......

And everybody pissing on the reporter

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT