ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen Garcia and more in Camden on Wednesday night!

Am i the only one that thinks Garcia is a blow hard? I remember sitting in the stands of the Chick Fil A bowl watching him play like crap because he stayed out drinking all night and us losing to FSU.

Reactions: jimnasium
Garcia was never mature enough here to 'get it'. He played the game of his life vs Alabama in 2010, and later in his career laid a huge egg vs. Auburn in Columbia. My oldest son spent a lot of time with SG during his time at USC, and he'd tell you the same thing. He really likes Garcia, but also Garcia never learned he was a big fish in a small pond near our campus. You can't fart in a hurricane when you're the starting QB at an SEC school and get away with it. I bet SG will be where we tailgate on Saturday at some point. He did a lot right at USC, and made some mistakes as well. He probably had a little too much fun st times. That's ok if you're Joe Fraternity brother, but when everyone knows who you are, that changes everything! Again, Garcia lived under a microscope while he played QB for us.

Garcia was never mature enough here to 'get it'. He played the game of his life vs Alabama in 2010, and later in his career laid a huge egg vs. Auburn in Columbia. My oldest son spent a lot of time with SG during his time at USC, and he'd tell you the same thing. He really likes Garcia, but also Garcia never learned he was a big fish in a small pond near our campus. You can't fart in a hurricane when you're the starting QB at an SEC school and get away with it. I bet SG will be where we tailgate on Saturday at some point. He did a lot right at USC, and made some mistakes as well. He probably had a little too much fun st times. That's ok if you're Joe Fraternity brother, but when everyone knows who you are, that changes everything! Again, Garcia lived under a microscope while he played QB for us.
That Auburn loss was tragic. It probably cost us Atlanta.

Am i the only one that thinks Garcia is a blow hard? I remember sitting in the stands of the Chick Fil A bowl watching him play like crap because he stayed out drinking all night and us losing to FSU.
I'm with you on that. I'm not trying to pile on him but don't really understand why anybody would want to go hear him speak in that setting.

The int towards the end of the LSU road game cost us going to # 2 in the the country at least the following week. We were at # 4 headed into that game. I think it was 2012. Our last big 11 win season. Finished at #7 for the year I think. Best finish ever.

The int towards the end of the LSU road game cost us going to # 2 in the the country at least the following week. We were at # 4 headed into that game. I think it was 2012. Our last big 11 win season. Finished at #7 for the year I think. Best finish ever.

That was Shaw, about the only time he ever looked rattled, and the week after we clobbered UGA at home. But that’s DV on a Saturday night, not LSU in a meaningless Peach Bowl, and we still should’ve won. We had that Legree almost pick 6, and that crazy Ace punt return, and I think only 1 of those drives got a TD, and we lose by 2.

That Auburn loss was tragic. It probably cost us Atlanta.

That was so bad he looked like he threw the game, no pun. The next week he was gone. They couldn’t do crap on O, but neither could we for whatever reason. Coulda woulda shoulda, but with Bruce among others, it should’ve been 30-9 at least going in the 4th Q. Bruce should’ve touched the ball 30 times a game.

Garcia did not look good that whole season up until the Auburn game. He did bring us back against ECU after Shaw was named the starter but pulled. Spurrier knew Shaw deserved the starting job, but whether it be the backlash from the fans from how the ECU game went or he felt like the team wanted Garcia to be the man, Spurrier had made his mind up that he was going to keep playing Garcia until we lost. He played horrible against Auburn but we still should have won. Philip Lutzenkirchen beat us that game. CC Whitlock got an INT and returned it down to about the Auburn 10 yard line when PL knocked the ball out of his hands to regain possession. Later, PL caught a TD pass. We still had a chance to tie the game at the end but Spurrier was pouting on the sidle lines and let about 30 seconds run off the clock when he could have stopped it at about 45 seconds in the game. STILL, we could have had a FG attempt after a pretty long pass down the field but the play went down with 1 second on the clock and the refs let the game end. It was a controversy as to whether we should have had that second back on the clock. Spurrier is to blame for that time management. The whole stadium was screaming for him to take a TO.

He made some mistakes which he admits. People who know him and his family say different. Parents used to tailgate with my source of information. They say first class, including Stephen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT