ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Dietzel

GWMorris

Dec 24, 2006
If you're a praying person, please lift up Paul Dietzel's son, Steve, who needs a heart transplant. I think he was on the football team back in the 1960s-early1970s, although I don't know if he lettered. A good guy, and a Gamecock.

Prayers sent for Steve and for his family, The P and the D story in our logo always intrigued me, I think we have been staring at a D for Dietzel for a long time and most dont know it!

dietzel.jpg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Me either where is it

If you go back to the picture and look at the Grey its a sideways P and then the D, ok, sounds a little far fetched but.

The above link articl from Classof95 breaks it down with Eddie Dunning the crew member testimony and Steve saying

“Dad vaguely remembered the initials and having placed them somewhere,”

Dietzel was avid watercolor painter until his death and oversaw the new logo approval in 1966

Last edited:
Reactions: tigercock#
Prayers sent for Steve Dietzel. I had a lot of respect for his father when he came to Columbia, and Steve sounds like a great person in his own right.

Reactions: tigercock#

If you go back to the picture and look at the Grey its a sideways P and then the D, ok, sounds a little far fetched but.

The above link articl from Classof95 breaks it down with Eddie Dunning the crew member testimony and Steve saying

“Dad vaguely remembered the initials and having placed them somewhere,”

Dietzel was avid watercolor painter until his death and oversaw the new logo approval in 1966
thanks for the info, I think I can sorta see it.

[QUOTE, post: 3379211, member: 9434"]If you're a praying person, please lift up Paul Dietzel's son, Steve, who needs a heart transplant. I think he was on the football team back in the 1960s-early1970s, although I don't know if he lettered. A good guy, and a Gamecock.[/QUOTE]
prayers sent for steve and paul and their families

Reactions: pisgah
ADVERTISEMENT