ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier Jr. needs to be fired immediately!

usc89

May 29, 2001
SOS Jr. is a total failure since taking role of recruiting coordinator. This in addition to his failure at developing ANY WRs other than Cooper as receiver coach. He has failed in both roles.

He is well paid and absolutely enjoys the trappings of his job and position as the HBC's son. Including Augusta National invites, trips etc... but he does not do the hard work necessary to be a good recruiting coordinator. It is one thing for the Head Coach to not fully invest in recruiting but his staff should live and breath it and our Assistants are lazy and it stems from SOS Jr.

He should be gone on Monday!

That's not going to happen. Ever think maybe his dad is asking too much of him? I'm not a fan of his abilities or accomplishments but it is his dad who made this regrettable hire. Spurrier has painted himself into a corner by not firing Ward (no accountability) and by hiring his son (no accountability)
This is resembling what happened to his nemesis Bobby Bowden who had to get the Governor to lift anti-nepotism laws so he could hire his worthless son Jeff and then surrounded himself with yes men. Not sure if my favorite athlete/coach of all time: Steve Spurrier can see this but imo, we will be lucky to go 7-5 this year.

Can't disagree. His latest comments about our recruiting have been disturbing to say the least...distatched from the reality of the SEC

I've heard he does not get along with anyone on the staff......just things I've read but not from reliable sources mind you. It would explain some things...

Reactions: island boy
This 2016 recruiting class is really the only BAD class we have had in a long time. We are consistently in the top 20 in recruiting. I think we have the talent. The coaches aren't deceloping these players good enough.

Reactions: nikolas22
SOS Jr. is a total failure since taking role of recruiting coordinator. This in addition to his failure at developing ANY WRs other than Cooper as receiver coach. He has failed in both roles.

He is well paid and absolutely enjoys the trappings of his job and position as the HBC's son. Including Augusta National invites, trips etc... but he does not do the hard work necessary to be a good recruiting coordinator. It is one thing for the Head Coach to not fully invest in recruiting but his staff should live and breath it and our Assistants are lazy and it stems from SOS Jr.

Don't give him that much credit...Pharoh was developed before he got here...

This 2016 recruiting class is really the only BAD class we have had in a long time. We are consistently in the top 20 in recruiting. I think we have the talent. The coaches aren't deceloping these players good enough.

A recruiting class ranked 15-20 is still bottom half of the SEC and probably even or below Clemson. Throw in a BAD class and you're behind the eight ball.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Also many of those rankings included players that never made it on campus.

You do not have the amount of walk-ons playing that we have when you have done a good job recruiting. SOS Jr. is a joke.

I agree but as long as his Daddy his HC he will have a job. I don't like it but that's our reality

I didn't know the 2016 class had signed LOI yet.

Thx for filling us in.

over 25% of our current commits for 2016 are 2 stars according to Rivals. Even if we give them the benefit of bumping to 3 stars we're just not getting it done in the recruiting arena. I'm tired of hearing that our coaches "know talent" so recruiting stars don't matter. Stars matter in the odds game and odds are that far fewer 2 stars than 4 stars will ultimately be elite SEC caliber players . Sure, we have a number of excellent players on this team but just not enough. Let's do a complete overhaul in our thought process with recruiting and start by recruiting and paying for the best recruiters in the land .We have the facilities in place and now we need coaches that make the elite talent excited about being Gamecocks. We're competing in the toughest conference in the land and we simply need more Alshons,Marcuses,and Jadaveons. Let's get to work!

Jr's greatest accomplishment is being a member of the lucky sperm club. He is arrogant and cocky, and has no reason to be either....

Reactions: mbsurfside
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT