ADVERTISEMENT

Still Committed To Clemson?

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
Huh? First potential trouble with 4* RB Feaster and now 5* Smith?

The Q. above is published on 'Rivals Recruiting'.

Three weeks ago Clemson's (only) 5-star recruit Rahshaun Smith (LB) spent the weekend working out at Florida State's summer camp, then visited the University of Florida the following weekend.

"I'm still committed to Clemson but I intend to take all five of my 'official' visits in the fall and I'll take several 'unofficial' visits, as well."

Horse's mouth. Does Dabo ALLOW that now?

What's to 'worry' about? Well, for ONE thing ... the guy responsible for Smith's HS development at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL was Chris Weinke - undefeated National Championship QB at Florida State in the late 90's and Heisman Trophy winner in 2000 (and personal trainer/coach to Cam Newton from the time Newton won the Heisman and NC at Auburn until the time he was drafted).

Clemson probably caught a 'little' break insofar as Weinke was named QB coach for the St. Loiuis Rams this Spring - thus is no-longer 'around every day' to work with his protege' ... BUT - they keep 'in touch'!

For ANOTHER thing ... it's a 9-10 hour DRIVE from Bradenton, FL to Clemson, which BESIDES the distance and time REQUIRES about $125.00 in 'gasoline' EACH WAY. To put that trip in perspective if you left Clemson driving North it wouldn't be Greensboro, or Richmond, or Washington, DC OR Baltimore ... it's about the same distance/time to PHILADELPHIA driving North from Clemson ... and mamma, that's a hike; especially in one day. I don't know which is worse, the DC 'beltway' or circling Atlanta but depending on WHEN you hit either one FROM Clemson North or South it could add 1-2 hours to the trip AT LEAST.

That's a 'more practical' reason the "Smith's" MIGHT opt for FSU instead of Clemson.

But what the hey! The guy apparently LOVES to travel! He's already announced he's going all over the place this Fall! I wouldn't worry 'too' much if I was Clemson just 'cause MUCH CLOSER 'tween you and him are FSU, UF, Auburn, Alabama, and Georgia (with Miami just down the road the 'other' way) and they've all put full-offers on the table. I'm sure it's just 'sight-seeing' and the guy likes to eat.

SOMETIMES we 'fans' get a 'little' ahead of ourselves bragging 'bout our 'recruiting'. Apparently, Smith's 'recruiting trail' still has some "miles to go before he sleeps."

You do realize IMG is a boarding school and Smith is not actually from the state of Florida? SMDH Clemson is closer to Maryland then any school in Florida. You should take Geography class. I am not worried about any school other than Maryland..

Last edited:
I personally see this as a sign that Clemson's recruiting is going well. Who want players that no one else wants?

They might just use one of the lake houses for this signee and his family.....

Get ready to see moving van with a SC license plate soon in Maryland

ATTENTION!!!:

TigerBrown
WoundedTiger
DuckDitchTiger
MohawkTiger

You asked for an 'update', mused that I was 'going on' 'bout something I knew nothing about and saw my post as a 'sign' that recruiting was going well for Clemson ... Well,

here's the update. HE'S GONE! ... my 'suspicions' were accurate and NO - 'recruiting' AIN'T going 'all that well' at Clemson - at least not TODAY.

We will, of course continue to keep you 'informed'.

NO WONDER you guys spend so much time over here; it's the only place you can get 'the REAL story'.

Reactions: thecarolinacrazy
ATTENTION!!!:

TigerBrown
WoundedTiger
DuckDitchTiger
MohawkTiger

You asked for an 'update', mused that I was 'going on' 'bout something I knew nothing about and saw my post as a 'sign' that recruiting was going well for Clemson ... Well,

here's the update. HE'S GONE! ... my 'suspicions' were accurate and NO - 'recruiting' AIN'T going 'all that well' at Clemson - at least not TODAY.

NO WONDER you guys spend so much time over here; it's the only place you can get 'the REAL story'.
Another 4 star recruit, Cornell Powell, a WR out of Greenville, NC is also stating now that he will take official visits and enjoy the recruiting process.
"I'm still 100 percent committed to Clemson. I just want to have fun and enjoy this process, as many high school athletes should," Powell said. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

He opted to take advantage, lining up trips to four universities this fall. Powell confirmed plans to visit Georgia (Sept. 19), Oklahoma (Oct. 3) and Ohio State (Oct. 17), before closing out his multi-campus tour with a return to Clemson (Nov. 7).

At this stage, it's unclear whether he will ultimately use a fifth and final official visit before signing day. Regardless, Powell will attend several compelling games this season.

Several of these guys will probably 'get back in the fold' but what this 'ought exhibit to the Clemson faithful whenever they want to make hay out of 'us v. them' recruiting is their claims to be 'rockets out of the box' are much like young airmen I used to see/know/play ball with on the base growing up ... those guys (paid twice a month) would buy all kinds of muscle cars that it took an entire paycheck to finance, and then have to keep 'em parked until their next payday when they could buy a little petrol to cruise the burger-joints over one weekend - then BACK to the parking lot.

You don't have SQUAT until you have a signed LOI ... and all this brewhaha 'bout 'recruiting' is but a media-driven event concocted for starving fans in need of any kind of 'off-season' fix they can get.

Few fan bases in America suffer the delusions (or have thinner skins and feelings of inadequacy) than SEC-envy Clemson-fans live with.

I hope the ER's are fully-staffed throughout Pickens County tonight ... it's going to be a whaling-night in the upstate now that the steel-toe crowd's had time to hit the bars on the way home only to find out they ain't what they 'used' to be.

guess all the troglodytes crawled back in their caves....oops i mean barns

guess all the troglodytes crawled back in their caves....oops i mean barns
Don't worry David Hood has already talked to someone that told him that Smith will re-commit after all his visits. Spin spin spin...it's like a damn cult up there

Don't worry David Hood has already talked to someone that told him that Smith will re-commit after all his visits. Spin spin spin...it's like a damn cult up there

OH! Thanks! No doubt Hood & Strelow (author of the 'spin' story currently up on your site hoping to quell the suicides) know WAY MORE than what the kid had to say for himself today.

AND that also explains WHY 9as of now - 'bout 6 hours after he tweeted) your mods haven't pulled Smith's name from the recruiting board even though immediately after 'obtaining' a commitment press releases go out with DEMANDS to 'update' and re-calculate Clemson's 'rankings'.

MEMO: Recruiting 'rankings' don't mean SQUAT in August the year before NEXT YEAR ... but ya'll keep 'advertising' you're the 'dealer' for that model ... although you don't 'currently' have one 'in stock'.

Are you so dissatisfied with what you DO have you're unwilling to admit things 'have changed'? You just keep taking the kid for granted ... HA!

Reactions: thecarolinacrazy
OH! Thanks! No doubt Hood & Strelow (author of the 'spin' story currently up on your site hoping to quell the suicides) know WAY MORE than what the kid had to say for himself today.

AND that also explains WHY 9as of now - 'bout 6 hours after he tweeted) your mods haven't pulled Smith's name from the recruiting board even though immediately after 'obtaining' a commitment press releases go out with DEMANDS to 'update' and re-calculate Clemson's 'rankings'.

MEMO: Recruiting 'rankings' don't mean SQUAT in August the year before NEXT YEAR ... but ya'll keep 'advertising' you're the 'dealer' for that model ... although you don't 'currently' have one 'in stock'.

Are you so dissatisfied with what you DO have you're unwilling to admit things 'have changed'? You just keep taking the kid for granted ... HA!
Not a Tater here man I was being sarcastic

Reactions: SportsSuites1
ATTENTION!!!:

TigerBrown
WoundedTiger
DuckDitchTiger
MohawkTiger

LOfreakinL!

Not a Tater here man I was being sarcastic

sorry, 10-4 ... collateral damage

what that marine general said ... "i come in peace, I bring no artillery and mean you no harm - but %$^# with me and i will kill you all."
now, THAT guy was wired (and he meant it) ... though telling his troops "if you're unsure a civilian might be in the line of fire DO NOT take the shot."

my glee got the best of me - having listened and read so much hooee on this board written by clemson fans.'bout their 'rock SOLID' 4 and 5-stars ... then having one of each 'defy' Billy Chris's 'rules' on the same day (with tigers fans already so scared they could probably do a '2' through a screen door).

HaHaHa!

Reactions: BRJ10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT