ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market Question

First 8 week losing streak since 1932. Since Joetato took office, the Dow is now only up .2%. Less than 100 points. The NASDAQ is down around 16%, losing over 2000 points.

First 8 week losing streak since 1932. Since Joetato took office, the Dow is now only up .2%. Less than 100 points. The NASDAQ is down around 16%, losing over 2000 points.
I have stopped looking. Guess I will just keep working till about 86 years old.

BofA analyst came out today and said there is a chance it sheds 33% from its high in January, that would be absolutely devastating.

People better get out and vote in November like their life and well being depends on it, it does!

We are approaching “Carter territory” at this trajectory.

Last edited:
Should be some pretty good buying opportunities at some point in the near future. Nobody knows for sure where the bottom will be, but rest assured it will come back in time. Definitely feeling the pain for now.

It's mind blowing how little this administration cares about the issues Americans face. I am convinced they will go down not caring about anyone all the way to their end. The level of their arrogance is off the charts.
I've never been so frustrated with an administration as I am now. 65 yrs old and I can only remember the peanut farmer being bad, but it didn't seem this awful.

I've never been so frustrated with an administration as I am now. 65 yrs old and I can only remember the peanut farmer being bad, but it didn't seem this awful.
There needs to be a great purge like never before. A change at the top, elected or cabinet officials isnt going to be enough. Hundreds if not thousands of govt employees heads must roll. Nothing less will work. That's how bad it is. We got to take change to a whole new level.

There needs to be a great purge like never before. A change at the top, elected or cabinet officials isnt going to be enough. Hundreds if not thousands of govt employees heads must roll. Nothing less will work. That's how bad it is. We got to take change to a whole new level.
Yep, an extinction level event come November…

I expected this a few years ago but never happened,it’s been over inflated for a while now.

Agree on the purge, but congress term limits are also badly needed. I think two Senate terms and Six House terms is plenty

Reactions: 1977 Cat
I’ve been vocal that I don’t like Trump’s antics and I’m certainly not wanting a return to the White House for him as the Republican nominee… But… At this point I sure would take that over Biden or any other out of touch liberal.

This has been the absolute longest two years of an administration in my lifetime

I’ve been vocal that I don’t like Trump’s antics and I’m certainly not wanting a return to the White House for him as the Republican nominee… But… At this point I sure would take that over Biden or any other out of touch liberal.

This has been the absolute longest two years of an administration in my lifetime
My response to that is if you don't like him you don't have to look at him or listen to him. Just spend that time counting your money and enjoy a booming America.

If you’ve got plenty of time before retirement you’re still better off riding the wave. However if you were close to retirement your money should have been removed prior to avoid a big loss around like this right before exit time.

Now I do hate all the political signaling in this thread. I could go through every President Democrat and Republican since Reagan and show you peaks and valleys in the stock market.

Those of you associating the stock market with the President are either choosing to keep it simple or have a political ax to grind.

Reactions: ShannonL and Docg2
Bull crap. Biden's policies are directly responsible for this. EVERYBODY told him that the continued spending would cause inflation, yet he searched out a few yes-men economists to quote and claimed is was "transitory".

Still, to this day, he claims that huge amounts of government spending does not cause inflation. That is BASIC economics. He will lie directly to your face and assume you are too stupid to understand.

It's almost like he is doing it on purpose, like his efforts to destroy the southern border. He KNOWS lifting Title 42 will cause a huge influx and he has no plan. A judge put a stop to it, giving him time to get it together, but he is suing to have it lifted anyway.

He should be impeached immediately.

Bull crap. Biden's policies are directly responsible for this. EVERYBODY told him that the continued spending would cause inflation, yet he searched out a few yes-men economists to quote and claimed is was "transitory".

Still, to this day, he claims that huge amounts of government spending does not cause inflation. That is BASIC economics. He will lie directly to your face and assume you are too stupid to understand.

It's almost like he is doing it on purpose, like his efforts to destroy the southern border. He KNOWS lifting Title 42 will cause a huge influx and he has no plan. A judge put a stop to it, giving him time to get it together, but he is suing to have it lifted anyway.

He should be impeached immediately.
Noooooo! Kamala is next!!! Well, he's not making the decisions anyway but neither would she.

Agree on the purge, but congress term limits are also badly needed. I think two Senate terms and Six House terms is plenty
I agree but slim to no chance that happens. Too many politicians have campaigned on it in the past and changed their minds once they find a reason not to. And they almost always find a reason not to. Odds of us finding enough of the right people who will stay true to their word is... yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
That said, term limits would be the single best thing Washington could pass (maybe ever) when it comes to doing what's best for the country. Too bad they cant see that.

If you’ve got plenty of time before retirement you’re still better off riding the wave. However if you were close to retirement your money should have been removed prior to avoid a big loss around like this right before exit time.

Now I do hate all the political signaling in this thread. I could go through every President Democrat and Republican since Reagan and show you peaks and valleys in the stock market.

Those of you associating the stock market with the President are either choosing to keep it simple or have a political ax to grind.
My intent was not to associate Biden with the stock market. It was that his administration doesnt care what pain comes from it. Not unlike any other issue that has gone south on the people under his watch. No solutions offered.

Only sensible reply in this thread. Trump had NOTHING to do with what was an artificially inflated market. Biden, who is a bit doddering I’ll admit, has nothing to do with its return to earth.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Only sensible reply in this thread. Trump had NOTHING to do with what was an artificially inflated market. Biden, who is a bit doddering I’ll admit, has nothing to do with its return to earth.
You honestly believe we are simply going through a correction?

Thanks for the compliment. When it comes to financial advice I try to keep it factual. I doubt many listen and even fewer act, but if they look at my financial posts from the past there was money to be had.

Even Obama’s Treasury Secretary has said the biggest mistake was the American Rescue plan, exacerbated inflation and if not for Manchin and Sinema it would be even worse with another 3.5 trillion in the BBB bullshit.

everyone talks about job numbers but you realize those jobs came back from Covid shutdown, we actually have fewer people working today than before the pandemic, these aren’t new jobs. When you have Amazon laying off 100,000 people that was recently announced things are about to get considerably worse. Biden is approaching Carter territory and if gasoline does hit $6 avg by August, then watch that inflation number roar even with the Fed doing incremental rate adjustments.

One thing is certain, Biden’s policies will be rebuked considerably in a few short months. The Latino vote alone is disappearing rapidly and without it Democrats can’t win, the numbers don’t work.

Question. A guy gets a notice that he owes taxes on a stimulant check that he never received. Some gov’t agency traced the check to someone in another state. The IRS sends a 2nd notice to him to pay the taxes on that check he never received. What would you do? Pay it? Hire a lawyer? Organize a March on the IRS office? Ignore it again?

Question. A guy gets a notice that he owes taxes on a stimulant check that he never received. Some gov’t agency traced the check to someone in another state. The IRS sends a 2nd notice to him to pay the taxes on that check he never received. What would you do? Pay it? Hire a lawyer? Organize a March on the IRS office? Ignore it again?
Probably be less headache to just pay it.

Even Obama’s Treasury Secretary has said the biggest mistake was the American Rescue plan, exacerbated inflation and if not for Manchin and Sinema it would be even worse with another 3.5 trillion in the BBB bullshit.

everyone talks about job numbers but you realize those jobs came back from Covid shutdown, we actually have fewer people working today than before the pandemic, these aren’t new jobs. When you have Amazon laying off 100,000 people that was recently announced things are about to get considerably worse. Biden is approaching Carter territory and if gasoline does hit $6 avg by August, then watch that inflation number roar even with the Fed doing incremental rate adjustments.

One thing is certain, Biden’s policies will be rebuked considerably in a few short months. The Latino vote alone is disappearing rapidly and without it Democrats can’t win, the numbers don’t work.
I would assume that a few of those people that didn’t come back to work is 6ft under. 1million has died,

Reactions: lostcock
Feeling fine. Buying funds "on sale" is quite nice.

If you have a good strategy which I believe I've had for years now, there is no reason to panic or change anything. As Clark Howard says on his show, I haven't changed a thing and feel good about my position.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT