ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

I really thought you were being facetious. Of the 10 stocks you originally mentioned, 6 are under investigation for fraud. The other 4 do not excite me in the least. Didn't waste my time looking at your other recommendations. You are free to invest in whatever you wish. Best of luck to you....

Those investigations are bogus... I've been happy since buying them around $11.00...Good luck to you too...

Today and tomorrow will tell if yesterday was a sucker rally. Futures are down right now, but that could change quickly.

I just don't trust September-October in an election year with so much happening.

Today and tomorrow will tell if yesterday was a sucker rally. Futures are down right now, but that could change quickly.

I just don't trust September-October in an election year with so much happening.

Remember, the Dow added some high flying stocks...

I really thought you were being facetious. Of the 10 stocks you originally mentioned, 6 are under investigation for fraud. The other 4 do not excite me in the least. Didn't waste my time looking at your other recommendations. You are free to invest in whatever you wish. Best of luck to you....

Look for Amazon to buy an EV company... Rivian I think this is another cool pickup truck...

https://rivian.com

Its going to crash every time Biden's poll numbers creep up like a blonde hair on a life guard in Scranton's leg.....

and you know the rest...

Its going to crash every time Biden's poll numbers creep up like a blonde hair on a life guard in Scranton's leg.....

and you know the rest...
I am not going to make a back and forth response because i don't want this thread to become political. So, I'll make this just one response to your political post. Under the Obama-Biden administration, the stock market (S&P 500) went up 182%. Now, you can ask: what did the Obama-Biden Administration do for that to happen? I'll tell you what they did not do: they didn't bungle anything like Trump bungled the coronavirus response to make the market crash. And yes, Trump bungled it. The U.S. has 4% of the world's population and 21% of the world's covid deaths. Take China and Russia out of the equation and we still have only about 6% of the world's population and 22% of the remaining world's covid deaths. Even if you reduce the number of current covid U.S. deaths by 50,000 (from its current 196,331), we still have 16% of the world's covid deaths. By the way, the stock market has gone up only 48% under Trump-Pence, nowhere near the pace of the Obama-Biden Administration's 182% increase.

The bottom-line is that should Biden surprise me and win the election, the market will be just fine, just as it was under Obama with a 182% increase and under Bill Clinton with a 210% increase. Again, I won't respond further, politically, since I don't want this thread to become political. But, I felt compelled to respond to your political comment, just this one time.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I am not going to make a back and forth response because i don't want this thread to become political. So, I'll make this just one response to your political post. Under the Obama-Biden administration, the stock market (S&P 500) went up 182%. Now, you can ask: what did the Obama-Biden Administration do for that to happen? I'll tell you what they did not do: they didn't bungle anything like Trump bungled the coronavirus response to make the market crash. And yes, Trump bungled it. The U.S. has 4% of the world's population and 21% of the world's covid deaths. Take China and Russia out of the equation and we still have only about 6% of the world's population and 22% of the remaining world's covid deaths. Even if you reduce the number of current covid U.S. deaths by 50,000 (from its current 196,331), we still have 16% of the world's covid deaths. By the way, the stock market has gone up only 48% under Trump-Pence, nowhere near the pace of the Obama-Biden Administration's 182% increase.

The bottom-line is that should Biden surprise me and win the election, the market will be just fine, just as it was under Obama with a 182% increase and under Bill Clinton with a 210% increase. Again, I won't respond further, politically, since I don't want this thread to become political. But, I felt compelled to respond to your political comment, just this one time.
You've posted this same thing several times in several threads. It may be fine over the long haul. It probably won't be in the very short term, which I think was his point. You were just looking for another opportunity to post the same thing.

As to your point about the market crash due to Covid, we broke record highs just last week. And it crashed before the vast majority of the deaths occurred. It crashed in mid March before he really had an opportunity to screw up. And like I said, just last week, we were at record highs again.

I'm not one to give any president all the credit or blame for market performance, but Trumps response to Covid had nothing to do with what happened to the market in March. That said, if you want to blame him, give him credit for what's happened since then.

You've posted this same thing several times in several threads. It may be fine over the long haul. It probably won't be in the very short term, which I think was his point. You were just looking for another opportunity to post the same thing.

As to your point about the market crash due to Covid, we broke record highs just last week. And it crashed before the vast majority of the deaths occurred. It crashed in mid March before he really had an opportunity to screw up. And like I said, just last week, we were at record highs again.

I'm not one to give any president all the credit or blame for market performance, but Trumps response to Covid had nothing to do with what happened to the market in March. That said, if you want to blame him, give him credit for what's happened since then.
And I'm RESPONDING to the same thing posted several times in several threads. And no, I don't look for any opportunity to post it. BUT, I will post the exact same thing again, in RESPONSE.

Last edited:
My recent purchase of Coca Cola a month back has worked as an excelent shock absorber during the recent bumpy ride my mutual funds have had. Just about every time the funds or stock goes down, the other goes up. On good days they both go up but rarely both down on a bad day. Crazy how that has worked. From here on out, I'll have dividends go back to stock buys for the way Coke has handled itself through this.

And I'm RESPONDING to the same thing posted several times in several threads. And no, I don't look for any opportunity to post it. BUT, I will post the exact same thing again, in RESPONSE.
If the stock market crashed after the deaths big bad Trump caused, your post might make sense. Since that's not what happened, well...

But feel free to just make stuff up.

Reactions: uscedge21
If the stock market crashed after the deaths big bad Trump caused, your post might make sense. Since that's not what happened, well...

But feel free to just make stuff up.
And the post I responded to made no sense and has not happened and was made up.

Wait what? I'm confused.

I wanted to say "I didn't call you Snowflake, I asked you if you're buying Snowflake.... You Snowflake..." :) jumpingsmile

The fellow doesn't believe in blank check companies.... I think it's a great way to play the pre-IPO's and have a floor of $10.50 if they don't find a company in two years...

I have tripled my nets worth within 5 months... Sure it's a different way of playing the market other than buying high price stocks or buying put or call options, but you have to do your due diligence on the management team and what type of company they are buying...

The fellow doesn't believe in blank check companies.... I think it's a great way to play the pre-IPO's and have a floor of $10.50 if they don't find a company in two years...

I have tripled my nets worth within 5 months... Sure it's a different way of playing the market other than buying high price stocks or buying put or call options, but you have to do your due diligence on the management team and what type of company they are buying...

IPOs are not my thing. I've done well with my methods (become a millionaire, on paper). To each their own.

I'm not going to politicize this thread..... Followed by a senior thesis politicizing the thread.. fah.

Reactions: uscedge21
What can I say but you are a devil. RollLaugh
who_is_jordan_belfort-5bfd847ec9e77c0058b5731c

Made some purchases earlier today in one sector and intend to make a purchase in another sector this afternoon. Not a big Jim Cramer fan. BUT, he is right about one thing: there's always a bull market somewhere. Still think the overall market is one to be cautious about for awhile starting next Monday, possibly as early as this coming Thursday afternoon. Time will tell, though.

Made some purchases earlier today in one sector and intend to make a purchase in another sector this afternoon. Not a big Jim Cramer fan. BUT, he is right about one thing: there's always a bull market somewhere. Still think the overall market is one to be cautious about for awhile starting next Monday, possibly as early as this coming Thursday afternoon. Time will tell, though.

Mr Pump & Dump.... That's how he made his millions at Goldman Sachs...

Past market declines look like buying opportunities, present market declines look like risks!
I think that is an astute observation. Look at the macro economics.

There will be opportunity ahead, but it requires patience. Retail investors are all patting themselves on the back but history shows their exuberance can turn to despair very quickly.

EV's like WKHS are awaiting the usps vehicle contract announcement. Due by 9/31. Still a decent price to buy in. Will move back into 20's next week. NAK is awaiting approval to move forward with mining operations. Govt decision expected in the next couple of weeks. I've got a nice position on both. Looking into PLUG.

These tickers don't follow normal market trends.
Good call on WKHS. Must be trading on inside info on USPS contract. More to come?

I've been eyeing PLUG for a year now. Just doesn't seem to be able to gain any traction.....

Good call on WKHS. Must be trading on inside info on USPS contract. More to come?

I've been eyeing PLUG for a year now. Just doesn't seem to be able to gain any traction.....

I would look at MP Materials

FVAC - MP Materials, owner and operator of Mountain Pass, the only rare earth mining and processing site of scale in North America, today announced a definitive agreement to merge with Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. The transaction is valued at US$1 billion. The combined company, named MP Materials Corp., will have an estimated post-transaction equity value of approximately US$1.5 billion, and remain NYSE-listed under the new ticker symbol “MP.” MP Materials

Follow the money...

• MP Materials supplies materials essential to electric vehicles, wind turbines, defense systems and many other advanced technologies, produced at its world-class, “green” mine and processing facility in Mountain Pass, CA
  • MP Materials poised to become the Western champion of rare earth magnetics, onshoring a critical sector that will power a sustainable future
  • Combined company to have an estimated post-transaction equity value of approximately $1.5 billion with over $500 million in net cash1 to fund growth strategy
  • Transaction includes a $200 million fully committed common stock PIPE at $10.00 per share anchored by Slate Path Capital, Chamath Palihapitiya and Omega Family Office
  • Current MP Materials shareholders, JHL Capital Group and QVT Financial, will roll 100% of their existing equity holdings into equity of the combined company
  • Board of Directors to include former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Richard Myers, former Omnicom Group CFO Randy Weisenburger, and shareholder representatives

US Army will fund rare earths plant for weapons development

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT