ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

REMX, an etf, is one way to play rare earth materials. If I was to play it, I'd look for a "penny stock" to do so. If you play a penny stock, limit your investment to $7-8,000.

Last edited:
Made some purchases earlier today in one sector and intend to make a purchase in another sector this afternoon. Not a big Jim Cramer fan. BUT, he is right about one thing: there's always a bull market somewhere. Still think the overall market is one to be cautious about for awhile starting next Monday, possibly as early as this coming Thursday afternoon. Time will tell, though.

Jim Cramer maybe looking for a new gig...

Good call on WKHS. Must be trading on inside info on USPS contract. More to come?

I've been eyeing PLUG for a year now. Just doesn't seem to be able to gain any traction.....
No inside info. Just DD. Stumbled across it in June. Hoping they get the contract and it runs to $40+. Projections are all over the map from $30-$100 if they land it.

Still not sure about plug, I've been watching since $7 in june. I feel like its over priced right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscedge21
Crude is up 4% this morning. Good ole Cramer. Does he know how to time them or what? Laughing Social Security recipients say keep on going up, oil, since oil is a big determinant on inflation. SSA will announce the COLAs for Social Security next month for the 3 months ending in September. Social Security recipients want oil to go to the moon, at least this month.

All of the trump guys on this forum and none of you have researched NAK? If we are serious about no longer relying on China for our goods, we need this mine. Trump supports the mine, which should receive ROD soon. Unfortunately, Trump Jr continues to step on daddy's feet by supporting the left's push to scrap the mine plans due to salmon spawning grounds near by. This one will go boom when the ROD is delivered. If you like to gamble, this is the ticker for you. Only $1.06 per share today.
#NAK - up to $1.33 this morning after this Trump tweet last night.

Reactions: roosterbell
Crude is up 4% this morning. Good ole Cramer. Does he know how to time them or what? Laughing Social Security recipients say keep on going up, oil, since oil is a big determinant on inflation. SSA will announce the COLAs for Social Security next month for the 3 months ending in September. Social Security recipients want oil to go to the moon, at least this month.
I’ve avoided oil and gas drillers since I got burned in 1983. But I have continued to invest in the pipeline companies that transport oil and gas (aka: midstream companies). They deliver some great dividends because oil volumes aren’t impacted near as much as drillers. I’ve been able to average down significantly this year on the costs of my previous holdings.

I’ve avoided oil and gas drillers since I got burned in 1983. But I have continued to invest in the pipeline companies that transport oil and gas (aka: midstream companies). They deliver some great dividends because oil volumes aren’t impacted near as much as drillers. I’ve been able to average down significantly this year on the costs of my previous holdings.
I suspect that midstreamers are a conservative way to invest in oil and gas.

A lot of headwinds for the market. I am looking for a drop back to the 23,000 - 24,000 level sometime during the next 6 months. Hard to tell when it will be.

Keep your powder dry.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Good call on WKHS. Must be trading on inside info on USPS contract. More to come?

I've been eyeing PLUG for a year now. Just doesn't seem to be able to gain any traction.....
WKHS pt moved from $27 to $33. Its sitting on a new 52 week high this morning. 5th one this week.

This is looking more and more like 2000. Futures down big this morning. Nasdaq has lost 1500 points in 2 weeks.
I just looked at the chart. It sure does look like 2000. I am not an expert on technical analysis, but it looks like this could get ugly. The fundamentals are all over the map with easy money from the Fed on one hand, and economic shocks hitting big businesses like oil and airlines on the other hand.

I just looked at the chart. It sure does look like 2000. I am not an expert on technical analysis, but it looks like this could get ugly. The fundamentals are all over the map with easy money from the Fed on one hand, and economic shocks hitting big businesses like oil and airlines on the other hand.
How old are you? Unless you're really old, stay the course. Change positions if you have to, but don't overmanage it.

Looks like the Workhorse bubble is over.
Negative, ghost rider. Cathie Wood is still buying shares by the thousands. 2 purchases this week. She doesn't dabble in losers. The usps contract is the catalyst we're waiting on now. Could come anytime between now and December 31st (thanks covid). The pt is $33 now. With the usps deal, the pt will move somewhere around $50 imo.

Negative, ghost rider. Cathie Wood is still buying shares by the thousands. 2 purchases this week. She doesn't dabble in losers. The usps contract is the catalyst we're waiting on now. Could come anytime between now and December 31st (thanks covid). The pt is $33 now. With the usps deal, the pt will move somewhere around $50 imo.

I hear ya. It's also got the text-book shape of the product life-cycle.

No one in this generation has ever lived through a secular bear market or a prolonged recession. I remember my father talking about it in the mid 70s. The difference is that interest rates were relatively high from the mid 70s until after Reagan took office. You could get a decent return on bonds. That's not possible now.

How old are you? Unless you're really old, stay the course. Change positions if you have to, but don't overmanage it.
I’m 56, but I’m recovering from a bad investment. I invested in it daily for two decades and ended up losing everything I put into it. I actually lost more than I put into it. I’m sure some other guys will recognize it, symbol is EXWIFE.

Wish I had put it all in Zoom back in March! It was a rational move I did not make.

This is always an interesting thread. With less than a month to the election, the market still seems strong in many segments. Any “hot buys” out there? I know it’s mostly speculation, but it makes for a good read.

This is looking more and more like 2000. Futures down big this morning. Nasdaq has lost 1500 points in 2 weeks.
re: 2000

There were NO earnings during the dotcom bubble.

The cashflow & earnings of tech companies today are enormous.

Wealthy investors put their money in companies with earnings & earnings growth.

The big tech leaders of today will be bigger, better & more profitable in 5 years.

This is the most disruptive period since the invention of electricity, the telephone & the internal combustion engine.

People no longer invest in companies that make typewriters & sewing machines.

Technology has become a consumer staple.

Headed to the mall?

Grab your smartphone, hit a key & your purchase is on your porch tomorrow.

Good luck.

I’m 56, but I’m recovering from a bad investment. I invested in it daily for two decades and ended up losing everything I put into it. I actually lost more than I put into it. I’m sure some other guys will recognize it, symbol is EXWIFE.
I was in that position for a while myself... Luckily I got out with limited financial losses.

I’m getting the feeling that there will be a downturn soon. Anyone else foresee that?

re: 2000

There were NO earnings during the dotcom bubble.

The cashflow & earnings of tech companies today are enormous.

Wealthy investors put their money in companies with earnings & earnings growth.

The big tech leaders of today will be bigger, better & more profitable in 5 years.

This is the most disruptive period since the invention of electricity, the telephone & the internal combustion engine.

People no longer invest in companies that make typewriters & sewing machines.

Technology has become a consumer staple.

Headed to the mall?

Grab your smartphone, hit a key & your purchase is on your porch tomorrow.

Good luck.
Just like 2000, many of these high flyers do not have earnings or they trade at P/E ratios that are astronomical. Take a look at Zoom, Square, Teledoc, Livongo Health, Docusign.

The argument for these stocks is it is about the future earnings growth, e.g., stock price, not the cash earnings. That's just like 2000.

In 2000, Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, were all making money but traded at incredible multiples. Eventually, it becomes unsustainable.

I'm not saying history will repeat itself. With ZIRP money is being funneled into the market leaders because there is no place else to go.

But the danger is there for the same reasons it was there in 2000.

Best of luck to you.

This is always an interesting thread. With less than a month to the election, the market still seems strong in many segments. Any “hot buys” out there? I know it’s mostly speculation, but it makes for a good read.
DPHC and WKHS are running again on possible usps news tomorrow. NAK is still a bargain.

I think the markets like the Biden victory.

As they've signaled that they are going to be running the money printer at levels even Obama and Trump couldn't match. The FED balance sheet will soon have 30 trillion in debt. And they are buying up crappy private bonds and other securities so they will have to try to keep a lid on interest rates as long as possible.

What a mad experiment. Negative yielding bonds are around the corner.

Covid Bailouts all around, we are going print money forever now. The market is built on a house of cards now.

Reactions: Balwiles
As they've signaled that they are going to be running the money printer at levels even Obama and Trump couldn't match. The FED balance sheet will soon have 30 trillion in debt. And they are buying up crappy private bonds and other securities so they will have to try to keep a lid on interest rates as long as possible.

What a mad experiment. Negative yielding bonds are around the corner.

The government spending is out of control. Unfortunately politicians only give reducing spending and the deficit lip service during the election periods and then completely ramp up spending after the election. Who can blame them though? Voters like to hear about fiscal responsibility, but then never hold any politician accountable while they're in office and can do something about it.

Reactions: uscedge21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT