ADVERTISEMENT

Story: McClendon staying on staff, offensive shuffling, new LB hire

Good with this, would rather see BMac coaching RBs, but if his sole focus is WRs it should help as well. Wilson will also be a solid hire. Highly regarded around the NFL.

Gotta say I’m a little bummed we don’t get Des on staff, and BB is not going to be helping with QBs now...... Also not optimal to pay a WR coach $1mill....... but. Pleased with the Rocker hire, and hopefully Wilson coming from Super Bowl champs will bring with him some credibility in both the coaching and recruiting arenas.

Last edited:
Not stoked about Bentley back at RB but whatever.
Yeah, that's a bummer.. Hopefully he took some notes on the 2 back system Brown was using instead of just grabbing the first back that's closest to him and rotating

Everything in this article is bad news except the potential Rod Wilson hire. Bentley going back to RBs is a negative, Bmac staying on WR ruins any hope we had of seeing improvement at what was easily the worst performing position group on the team last year and the new guy staying at TE- one of the least used, least important position groups in most offenses when he is literally the only coach on staff besides Bobo who knows what the Oc is trying to do... ? I don’t get any of it. Seems like up to this point the moves we were making were a step forward but I feel we took three steps back with this news.

I never had a problem with BMac as WR coach until he took on OC responsibilities. I chalked it up to too much on his plate. Bobby back to RB coach is disappointing though. Did he ever have a 1000 yard rusher? Did he ever recruit a top 10 RB?

Reactions: cofcgamecock9
I never had a problem with BMac as WR coach until he took on OC responsibilities. I chalked it up to too much on his plate. Bobby back to RB coach is disappointing though. Did he ever have a 1000 yard rusher? Did he ever recruit a top 10 RB?

We actually rushed for more yards in 2018 vs 2019. As for recruiting, the position coach does always recruit just for their position. Bentley has landed some really good recruits.

U guys need to let up on Coach Bentley. The RBs rushed for more yards in his last year at the position than they rushed for under Brown. Also every back that played in 2018 had an injury, Turner had a concussion, Ty Williams broke his arm, Rico Dowdle had a couple injuries and Mon Denson had a hamstring. Still that group under Bentley rushed for more yards than was rushed for in 2019. Its the perception of a job performance not the actual performance that throws shade on Coach Bentley.

I wish he would’ve left Bentley alone. Bobby is a quarterback coach and I believe he and Bobo would’ve had those guys shining in 2020.. I was excited with the way things were going but I’m not to optimistic now. I don’t think Mike Bobo cares for Ryan Hilinski so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Collin Hill become the starter this fall and Luke Doty backing him up. Bentley would’ve been great for Hilinski imo, and now I’m worried we may never see him reach his full potential. Hopefully nobody else leaves the fold; all this bouncing around doesn’t look good and it’s a sign of instability in the program.

This is a huge loss not getting Kitchens for his recruiting prowess combined with limited if any recruiting from BMac. Plus I can't name one receiver that has gotten better with BMac coaching them. BMac debacles could be the final nails in the Champ coffin.

I wish he would’ve left Bentley alone. Bobby is a quarterback coach and I believe he and Bobo would’ve had those guys shining in 2020.. I was excited with the way things were going but I’m not to optimistic now. I don’t think Mike Bobo cares for Ryan Hilinski so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Collin Hill become the starter this fall and Luke Doty backing him up. Bentley would’ve been great for Hilinski imo, and now I’m worried we may never see him reach his full potential. Hopefully nobody else leaves the fold; all this bouncing around doesn’t look good and it’s a sign of instability in the program.

Not sure where you get this line of thinking from. Hill was brought in as a back up and to help teach the offense. RH3 will be fine.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
Not sure where you get this line of thinking from. Hill was brought in as a back up and to help teach the offense. RH3 will be fine.
Did Muschamp or Bobo come out and say that publicly? Do you know them? What makes you think that Collin Hill only wants to hold a keyboard on the sideline and help the other quarterbacks? You have no idea all you’re doing is speculating like everybody else.

Did Muschamp or Bobo come out and say that publicly? Do you know them? What makes you think that Collin Hill only wants to hold a keyboard on the sideline and help the other quarterbacks? You have no idea all you’re doing is speculating like everybody else.

There are such a thing as insiders. Plus Hill is out for spring and has multiple knee surgeries. I am sure he wants to compete. I think he is an insurance policy.

I just don’t buy that Bobo doesn’t like a highly recruited QB.

Now that I think of it, if Bmac wasn’t going anywhere, we should have moved him to an analyst role and hired a dang RB coach.

Reactions: Brace1
This is a huge loss not getting Kitchens for his recruiting prowess combined with limited if any recruiting from BMac. Plus I can't name one receiver that has gotten better with BMac coaching them. BMac debacles could be the final nails in the Champ coffin.
I think the nails are already lined up in the Champ coffin. Just waiting on the hammer to arrive to nail them in.

I am over Muschump, pathetic moves that shows he needs to be gone. Should have been terminated after last season. He can't get it done as a HC don't know what more he has to do to show that he is completely and totally incompetent. Awful, our AD and BOT loves losing.

Geez guys, give the moves a chance. I don’t exactly remember but was Bentley still at Byrnes with Lattimore or had he moved on?

Geez guys, give the moves a chance. I don’t exactly remember but was Bentley still at Byrnes with Lattimore or had he moved on?
Nope, Bentley has coached or recruited zero successful running backs, and McClendon is completely incompetent at WR's coach, our WR's can't catch a cold. Horrible

We actually rushed for more yards in 2018 vs 2019. As for recruiting, the position coach does always recruit just for their position. Bentley has landed some really good recruits.
Hail, JMHO of course, but I'm glad Bentley is back @ RB, and to be honest, I do believe that Bentley has the natural and fitting potential to be a very, very valuable asset for our program!

Again, JMHOFWIW!!

Gaim

Nope, Bentley has coached or recruited zero successful running backs, and McClendon is completely incompetent at WR's coach, our WR's can't catch a cold. Horrible
Bentley was the Head Coach at Byrnes when Marcus was in the 9th grade. Marcus was the backup running back though, Byrnes had a stud senior I can’t recall his name right now. Marcus was better than him though. Marcus credits Bentley for a lot of his development.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Bentley was the Head Coach at Byrnes when Marcus was in the 9th grade. Marcus was the backup running back though, Byrnes had a stud senior I can’t recall his name right now. Marcus was better than him though. Marcus credits Bentley for a lot of his development.

Deonte Gist, who ended up playing at Tusculum. They also had Willy Korn at QB, who had more rushes than either of them that year.

There are such a thing as insiders. Plus Hill is out for spring and has multiple knee surgeries. I am sure he wants to compete. I think he is an insurance policy.

Bobo said if you’re gonna be a quarterback you have to be good fundamentally. And he basically trashed Ryan when he talked about that. He said Hilinski has some talent, but it was apparent that he’s not to impressed with our starting quarterback. I don’t care what you heard from inside sources, the QB job is gonna be wide open this fall. It’s Hilinski’s job to lose, and don’t be surprised if Hill is the one who beats him out!

Bobo said if you’re gonna be a quarterback you have to be good fundamentally. And he basically trashed Ryan when he talked about that. He said Hilinski has some talent, but it was apparent that he’s not to impressed with our starting quarterback. I don’t care what you heard from inside sources, the QB job is gonna be wide open this fall. It’s Hilinski’s job to lose, and don’t be surprised if Hill is the one who beats him out!

Bobo has already looked at film and identified things RH needs to work on fundamentally.

If healthy, RH will look as good, or better than when he was healthy last year.

Bobo has already looked at film and identified things RH needs to work on fundamentally.

If healthy, RH will look as good, or better than when he was healthy last year.
Hopefully he looks better than he did last year. Outside of three games he was horrible and I know, the injuries had a lot to do with that. Still he showed us he wasn’t ready to start for an SEC football team. I know Bobo has watched film on Ryan and he’s gonna work with him to make him better. That doesn’t mean he’s gonna start him though, Hilinski will be the first out the gates in spring practice and it’s gonna be interesting to see, how far he’s separated himself from the other QBs.

I think everyone needs to forget what has happened in the past. This will be a different offense using more TE's and a Fullback. Play calling will not be predictable. My nephew currently plays at Colorado State and my brother loved the offense. I do believe that the QB job is Ryan's to lose, but with Muschamps job on the line everyone's job is open to the best man. I personally don't care who is playing as long as we are winning. I believe Bobo will control the offense and Muschamp will be the overseer of the defense. Muschamp knows what's up and will use a all hands on deck approach. Our entire thinking is based on 4 years at Florida. What about his 5th year. It didn't happen so we have to see it play out this year. This year can rewrite that entire narrative. I think this will be a 7 to 8 win season. Go Gamecocks...

I think everyone needs to forget what has happened in the past. This will be a different offense using more TE's and a Fullback. Play calling will not be predictable. My nephew currently plays at Colorado State and my brother loved the offense. I do believe that the QB job is Ryan's to lose, but with Muschamps job on the line everyone's job is open to the best man. I personally don't care who is playing as long as we are winning. I believe Bobo will control the offense and Muschamp will be the overseer of the defense. Muschamp knows what's up and will use a all hands on deck approach. Our entire thinking is based on 4 years at Florida. What about his 5th year. It didn't happen so we have to see it play out this year. This year can rewrite that entire narrative. I think this will be a 7 to 8 win season. Go Gamecocks...
Our whole thinking is absolutely NOT base don 4 years at Florida. Our thinking is based off that and four more years here. We have been up and down on offense but the trend is down currently and a big reason for that APPEARS to be from some overly conservative decisions made from the top down. Deciding not to go for a score late in first haves when we had time left on the clock... Punting instead of kicking ling field goals or going for it on 4th when we are on the edge of a kicker’s range... Seeming to call the dogs off the few times we might actually build a lead (Florida 2 years ago being the most glaring example)... These are decisions made by the HEAD coach that show we are being too conservative and don’t change because of a nee Oc. WILL has to change. He needs to not meddle in the offensive scheming as much- guarantee he has been- and he needs to take some more chances to give us a shot to pull out wins where we are not favored. Thus far in eight years a head coach he has never shown the willingness to do any of that.

Our whole thinking is absolutely NOT base don 4 years at Florida. Our thinking is based off that and four more years here. We have been up and down on offense but the trend is down currently and a big reason for that APPEARS to be from some overly conservative decisions made from the top down. Deciding not to go for a score late in first haves when we had time left on the clock... Punting instead of kicking ling field goals or going for it on 4th when we are on the edge of a kicker’s range... Seeming to call the dogs off the few times we might actually build a lead (Florida 2 years ago being the most glaring example)... These are decisions made by the HEAD coach that show we are being too conservative and don’t change because of a nee Oc. WILL has to change. He needs to not meddle in the offensive scheming as much- guarantee he has been- and he needs to take some more chances to give us a shot to pull out wins where we are not favored. Thus far in eight years a head coach he has never shown the willingness to do any of that.
Exactly.

That’s a quality post. Thank you sir. Go COCKS!

ADVERTISEMENT