ADVERTISEMENT

Story of this season...

Why wait for another bad year if we can get a good coach now? You can close the book on Chad, I don't see him turning it around after running it into the ground.

Reactions: sadd66
Why wait for another bad year if we can get a good coach now? You can close the book on Chad, I don't see him turning it around after running it into the ground.
I bet he'll land some top notch recruits and Tanner will give him another year.
And it'll be another year of underachieving that other programs will use against us and tell recruits that our time of being a top notch program left with Tanner, then recruiting will get harder for the next coach.

Reactions: sadd66
We let the coach we should have hired go elsewhere. The first year he hosted a regional. Second year his team is top 5 and a lock for a national seed. Most likely will end up in Omaha and make a run at the national title. They know how to win late and may have the best player- hitter in the country.

If he gets another year, he might as well be getting a contract extension. Next year comes with a built-in youth excuse.

We let the coach we should have hired go elsewhere. The first year he hosted a regional. Second year his team is top 5 and a lock for a national seed. Most likely will end up in Omaha and make a run at the national title. They know how to win late and may have the best player- hitter in the country.

National seed that lost in a regional at home. What happens if he loses a regional again? Is he still The Chosen One? Not everybody who is a National Seed makes it to Omaha..
Also, "the best player-hitter in the country" was not his recruit.

National seed that lost in a regional at home. What happens if he loses a regional again? Is he still The Chosen One? Not everybody who is a National Seed makes it to Omaha..
No, but Seth Beer was on his way out the door when Leggett was canned, and Monte re -recruited him and convinced him to stay with his commitment. Also you can't disparage him for losing that regional, because the same team killed us.

No, but Seth Beer was on his way out the door when Leggett was canned, and Monte re -recruited him and convinced him to stay with his commitment. Also you can't disparage him for losing that regional, because the same team killed us.

SAYING Beer was on his way out the door is easy to say since neither you not I can ever know that for a fact.
I can disparage him losing that regional. He was a National Seed. A National Seed is not supposed to lose in a home regional. The Gamecocks were still playing a week after his team was sitting at home.

clemsux lost 12-2 and 9-2. We lost 3-1 and 5-1. Who got killed Labs???

And I will ask this question: If he loses at home in a regional again this year, what is the opinion then??? Is he still The Chosen One??

Last edited:
Disparaging Lee does not make Holbrook any better. The fact is Clemson has improved since he arrived. We have not since Holbrook took over.

SAYING Beer was on his way out the door is easy to say since neither you not I can ever know that for a fact.
I can disparage him losing that regional. He was a National Seed. A National Seed is not supposed to lose in a home regional. The Gamecocks were still playing a week after his team was sitting at home.

clemsux lost 12-2 and 9-2. We lost 3-1 and 5-1. Who got killed Labs???

And I will ask this question: If he loses at home in a regional again this year, what is the opinion then??? Is he still The Chosen One??
No..Beer was on the way out the door...even Clemson fans will tell you this. National seeds lose home regionals frequently...ask Vandy. Ok...we both got killed. We also lost to Rhode Island in the opener. We got the luck of the draw in that OSU was sent to Clemson and not to Columbia for the regional.

No..Beer was on the way out the door...even Clemson fans will tell you this. National seeds lose home regionals frequently...ask Vandy. Ok...we both got killed. We also lost to Rhode Island in the opener. We got the luck of the draw in that OSU was sent to Clemson and not to Columbia for the regional.

Labs.. just because I like bantering with you, here goes:

The only one that can actually attest to Beer on his way out the door is Beer himself and I don't think he talks to me or you. I would never listen to what clemsux fans say.
When I brought up Vandy losing at home you told me I can't use them because of the tragedy. But then you can. hmm..
Sorry, can't agree with you that both got killed when one team lost by 17 runs and the other lost by 6.
I probably would not even have responded to your post until you threw in the little dig that we also lost to Rhode Island, so I will add a little one back.
clemsux was 13-14 in the ACC and had to sweep bottom dweller Notre Dame just to stay out of the play-in game to their "round robin tournament" which everybody on this board makes fun off. And yes, I will acknowledge that they played well in beating Louisville, Va, and Weak Forest to get to title game and win.
But if a team gets hot at the right time, they can go places, even the Gamecocks.

Reactions: USCLaw85
Yep, we passed on Lee to keep Holbroke.

Holbroke is now blaming us fans for his lack of wins.

The guy has no shame.
Five years is long enough for any coach to prove himself, football, baseball, basketball or whatever. They always say let him recruit his own players and all that but his own players were already here when he got the job so did he not learn anything from Tanner about making decisions in clutch situations? Hell his first year he wouldn't even come out of the dugout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT