ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: The latest with new Rivals100 No. 1 Quavaris Crouch

Do we have even a snow ball's chance?

Yes.
Primarily because I don't believe he has any of the "diva" qualities. He is grounded has worked very hard for all he has, and he seems pretty level headed about all this new found attention (like being able to see through the smoke). The Tennessee element always bothers me, I just don't get it AT ALL, they have become Thug U & a bunch of individuals playing positions to me until I see something different. Their young QB may be a difference maker in the long run but they need a new culture in a big way. As much as I despise Clem-tech on some level I can understand why a young man may go there.

Reactions: Pole
Kid would start on day 1 on either side of the ball here and it's not that far from home. Make the smart decision kid ;)....He didn't even mention Clemsen, how are they in his "top 2".

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
He's not a burner. He's a runner kind of like Lattimore was. He plays on a championship team in NC at the highest level so worrying about his competition is unfounded. He looks bigger because he is.

He brought Harding their first Championship in many many years, a school with very little resources. We signed an OL off that championship team. When you hear him speaking and see his humility & work ethic it reminds you of something special . I want him to be great at what ever & hope it’s here.
Very few young folks impress me in this manner, I bet his mom is awesome!

He brought Harding their first Championship in many many years, a school with very little resources. We signed an OL off that championship team. When you hear him speaking and see his humility & work ethic it reminds you of something special . I want him to be great at what ever & hope it’s here.
Very few young folks impress me in this manner, I bet his mom is awesome!
This is also a lot like Lattimore. Hopefully, the second coming.

He's not a burner. He's a runner kind of like Lattimore was. He plays on a championship team in NC at the highest level so worrying about his competition is unfounded. He looks bigger because he is.

Well done, I've been watching this thread for a couple of days hoping no one would feed the troll that called Crouch slow and indicated he played against poor competition. You addressed it in a perfect manner by deftly addressing the issues and not feeding the troll. Good job.

This is also a lot like Lattimore. Hopefully, the second coming.
Looks a lot bigger than Lattimore. Lattimore always had the ability to bounce off defenders, avoid direct hits and fall forward, his legs were small though...this guy has more of an Adrian Peterson look, a few inches taller at 6'2 and already 225lbs in highschool. Hard to tell if he'll bulk up to about 235 lbs for college, but his fraim would hold it.

Reactions: roosterbell
Well done, I've been watching this thread for a couple of days hoping no one would feed the troll that called Crouch slow and indicated he played against poor competition. You addressed it in a perfect manner by deftly addressing the issues and not feeding the troll. Good job.
Calling it like I see it. You guys that look at high school players with "the real deal" glasses don't step up when players are a bust in college. I stated the guy looks slow in the video -- is that an incorrect statement? I also said he looks to be playing against smaller guys -- is that an incorrect statement? You might read what's actually written and not read into what's written. From your comment, it's no wonder today's young people have such poor reading comprehension ability.

Kid would start on day 1 on either side of the ball here and it's not that far from home. Make the smart decision kid ;)....He didn't even mention Clemsen, how are they in his "top 2".

Not necessarily true. He would be on campus in 2019 which is the senior years of Rico Dowdle and AJ Turner. Both of those guys will have tons of experience and already have multiple 100 yard games . If Dowdle can stay healthy there is no doubt he can be a 1,000 yard back in 2018.

Dowdle had 767 yrs in only 9 games as a freshman. In a 13 game season that would be over 1,100 yds.

AJ Turner is averaging 500+ yards a season in 2 behind a mediocre offensive line .

Crouch I'm sure will be a good player, but don't discount what will be 2 very experienced and proven seniors on the roster in 2019

$adly, yes.
Don't worry
Calling it like I see it. You guys that look at high school players with "the real deal" glasses don't step up when players are a bust in college. I stated the guy looks slow in the video -- is that an incorrect statement? I also said he looks to be playing against smaller guys -- is that an incorrect statement? You might read what's actually written and not read into what's written. From your comment, it's no wonder today's young people have such poor reading comprehension ability.
Guys 6'2 225lbs running upright, in HS thats bigger than most guy out there.

I read & comprehend he is rated #1 in all of High School football & the last time #1 came here it went pretty well.

Yes.
Primarily because I don't believe he has any of the "diva" qualities. He is grounded has worked very hard for all he has, and he seems pretty level headed about all this new found attention (like being able to see through the smoke). The Tennessee element always bothers me, I just don't get it AT ALL, they have become Thug U & a bunch of individuals playing positions to me until I see something different. Their young QB may be a difference maker in the long run but they need a new culture in a big way. As much as I despise Clem-tech on some level I can understand why a young man may go there.
Tennessee will implode. Phat Phil and Pruitt already having issues... ticking time bomb.

Thanks for proving my point. My comment did not at all address his ranking.

Well quit back tracking and stand by your comments, and to address your OP, no he does not look slow and it looks to me like he's playing against normal 4A high school talent, but I sure you're comparing him to the unreal fast beast you were in high school. ....who wouldn't come up slow in that scenario? and given that he's no doubt has had more success at the HS level than you did, he's obviously has the advantage of competing against inferior talent.

Last edited:
Well quit back tracking and stand by your comments, and to address your OP, no he does not look slow and it looks to me like he's playing against normal 4A high school talent, but I sure you're comparing him to the unreal fast beast you were in high school. ....who wouldn't come up slow in that scenario and given that he's no doubt had more success at the HS level than you did, he's obviously competing against inferior talent.
You must know me -- I was indeed an unreal fast beast in high school. One has to be to qualify for the SC State track Meet every year of his high school career. And I know slow when I see it.

i ran my best mile time in 9 th grade at upper state track, on of the few from BC to be there, never a speedster but good at endurance!!!!!!

I didn’t have any recruiting stars but completed my football career at Dutch Fork

You must know me -- I was indeed an unreal fast beast in high school. One has to be to qualify for the SC State track Meet every year of his high school career. And I know slow when I see it.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 53, I race you in the 40. Loser stays off this forum from 3 months and pays the winner $500.

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 53, I race you in the 40. Loser stays off this forum from 3 months and pays the winner $500.
I'm 66 and run four miles a day. I don't do any speed work anymore, but if it helps your ego, I'll say you at 53 could beat my 66 year old body. And I don't do physical challenges anymore.

I'm 66 and run four miles a day. I don't do any speed work anymore, but if it helps your ego, I'll say you at 53 could beat my 66 year old body. And I don't do physical challenges anymore.

Tip of the , carry on, my gamecock brother

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT