ADVERTISEMENT

Straw Poll On Mask Rules

I've said it before in another thread like this, but as to the mask wearing, there has been way too much "It's not a problem for me, so it's not a problem for you" and aren't actually listening to valid reasons why they have problems wearing a mask. There are too many assumptions that it's politically motivated. Yes, some are, but not all.

I, for one, have had to work on severe anxiety issues I have when both my nose and mouth are covered at the same time, especially for an extended period of time. It's why I can't snorkle or scuba dive. Add in the heat we have here in Spring/Summer/Fall (months not named January), and it gets bad for me.
I wish you well too USCBatgirl21. Yeah I touched on assumptions a little earlier as well. I am concerned when it doesnt appear to be an end in sight because its thought to be no big deal as we race toward the heat of summer.

I wish you well too USCBatgirl21. Yeah I touched on assumptions a little earlier as well. I am concerned when it doesnt appear to be an end in sight because its thought to be no big deal as we race toward the heat of summer.
I got very light headed a couple times at the ballpark this weekend when I was having to walk around with my mask on. I finally had to take it off when walking on the concourse. I'll just tell the cops/event staff it's either me maskless or you're treating someone who's passed out. Take your pick. Of course, when interacting at concessions, I would put it back on for that limited time.

(And with only 2100 people in the ballpark, it's not like the concourse is ever crowded this year.)

"Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that it's not just in the clinical trials but it's also in real-world data," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told Rachel Maddow on Monday, March 29. Walensky was describing the results of a new CDC study of vaccinated Americans, which found that they not only had very high resistance to COVID-19, but also to asymptomatic infections of the SARS-CoV-2 virus – and, by extension, are very unlikely to spread it to other people.

Reactions: LazyIslander
"Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that it's not just in the clinical trials but it's also in real-world data," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told Rachel Maddow on Monday, March 29. Walensky was describing the results of a new CDC study of vaccinated Americans, which found that they not only had very high resistance to COVID-19, but also to asymptomatic infections of the SARS-CoV-2 virus – and, by extension, are very unlikely to spread it to other people.
And because other scientists and politicians lost their collective nuggets over her statement, the CDC made her walk it back later. 🙄

I got very light headed a couple times at the ballpark this weekend when I was having to walk around with my mask on. I finally had to take it off when walking on the concourse. I'll just tell the cops/event staff it's either me maskless or you're treating someone who's passed out. Take your pick. Of course, when interacting at concessions, I would put it back on for that limited time.

(And with only 2100 people in the ballpark, it's not like the concourse is ever crowded this year.)
I think that's the big issue. If I'm closer than 2m to someone "not in my pod", I'll wear a mask. But if I'm out walking the dog, I keep a mask handy and put it on if I have to get 2m or closer to them.

Unless she always wore a mask in her home, she is a hypocrite. And I don't believe for a second that she was sitting around in her own home wearing a mask all the time.

Remember, masks don't protect you. They supposedly, to some degree, prevent you from ejecting as much virus and infecting others. So, she was fine with him coming in to repair something and suck in her unfiltered pie hole exhaust that she had been ejecting without a mask for days, yet she demand that he protect her.

Works both way.
Wow! Amazing that you know her and her habits so well! I’m trying to reason through how you went from asking a stranger to wear a mask in her home to being a hypocrite for not sitting around the house wearing a mask. You obviously want her to be the bad person because she believes wearing a mask is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, your logic leaves something to be desired.

I do not sit around my house wearing a mask. If someone comes into my house these days who does not live in my house, I put on a mask and ask them to do the same. So far, I’ve found that everyone who visits has respect for me in my own home and puts on a mask. I’m guessing by your comments that you would not show that level of respect. It’s a shame that those frequently around you have to put up with that attitude. As a starting point, you should stop belittling people based solely on assumptions.

Reactions: atl-cock
Wow! Amazing that you know her and her habits so well! I’m trying to reason through how you went from asking a stranger to wear a mask in her home to being a hypocrite for not sitting around the house wearing a mask. You obviously want her to be the bad person because she believes wearing a mask is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, your logic leaves something to be desired.

I do not sit around my house wearing a mask. If someone comes into my house these days who does not live in my house, I put on a mask and ask them to do the same. So far, I’ve found that everyone who visits has respect for me in my own home and puts on a mask. I’m guessing by your comments that you would not show that level of respect. It’s a shame that those frequently around you have to put up with that attitude. As a starting point, you should stop belittling people based solely on assumptions.

I don't believe she sits around her house all day wearing a mask. Sorry. Nobody does that. You can claim she does, but I won't believe it because nobody would believe that stupidity.

If you are sitting around your house not wearing a mask, you shouldn't ask people into your house. You are spewing your germs in the air until the point they arrive, and their mask doesn't stop them from breathing that in. That is disrespectful to someone visiting, especially when you expect them to wear a mask. If you want them to wear a mask to maintain a safe environment for you, you should be willing to do the same for them before they arrive. But that par for the course for the mask gestapo. Only thinking of themselves.

And nobody has the shame of having to put up with my disrespect. I got vaccinated and the people I know aren't loony enough to think that I going to kill them by breathing in their house. That's one of the reasons I took the vaccine. To get back to normal. Not to wear stupid masks for the rest of my life so that paranoid nut jobs can feel safe from a threat from me that doesn't exist.

Some folks think of only themselves and have no consideration of others. Whether it's wearing a mask, turning away children at the border or funding COVID relief, ask yourself what Jesus would do.

Some folks think of only themselves and have no consideration of others. Whether it's wearing a mask, turning away children at the border or funding COVID relief, ask yourself what Jesus would do.

And how about 'my body, my choice'? Seems to be the epitome of thinking only of yourself...

16183867735282.jpg

Jesus would walk among the lepers without a second thought.

I can only guess that the violation occurred because a customer could have walked in, and the employee should have been ready for that?

It's weird, I know, especially when held up against eating establishments.

Another tangent for me is why people who are vaccinated are still required to wear masks.
Control. It’s all about control.

First of all, we've set ridiculous goals. There will always be viruses, bacteria, amoeba, fungi, worms, etc. that infect other organisms. Mask wearing, if properly worn (not usually the case), can play a part in preventing all types of infections, but we've never mandated it before. Just as important, probably more so, is washing hands, not touching your face, and not getting in each other's grill. I love it when businesses require masks, but have no soap or paper towels in their public restroom. I think the biggest problem is politicians and business management who are making rules without the needed knowledge and understanding.
And without following Constitutional guidelines. Everything is by executive order.

Fauci said today that even if you are vaccinated, you still shouldn't eat or drink indoors. Still have to social distance and not be in crowds.

Quite possibly the worst Dr in the history of the world. He just needs to shut up and stay away from the interviews.
That quack needs to be sued out of existence for malpractice

I’m guessing that everyone who is concerned about mask mandates are also upset over seat belt laws, banning of flavored vapes, places banning smoking, drugs being illegal and open container laws.

While I absolutely agree that some of the lock down stuff was ridiculous the masks are the least of the issues from the COVID response.
The difference is those things were laws passed by the legislature not edicts from Governors using EOs like tyrants.

Jesus would tell them to come in through the front door and not sneak in a window. Our entire government has turned into Karen. And too many enablers are ok with it.

Reactions: LazyIslander
Are you claiming seat belt laws were EOs?
Many of those things started as EOs or had EOs added when laws were deemed to not be strong enough. For example there is still one state without a seatbelt law but there is an EO that requires all federal employees to wear seatbelts in that state.

I used to think that the internet was a great thing. All the knowledge in the world in one place. The human race would advance by leaps and bounds in record time. However now I realize that most people can’t handle so much information.
It’s truly amazing how easily humans can convince themselves they’re not wrong even with the truth right in front of them.

Jesus? Just to be clear...

is that the Jesus you libs kicked out of schools and everywhere else you could get a judge to allow it?

or

is that all the Jesus's that you libs allow to enter the country illegally in hopes that they will pay you back with a vote in the future?

Well that would include the manufacturer as well as the CDC. Shouldn’t the CDC put their stamp of approval on what they are telling everyone to do?
Nobody said masks were foolproof. They help. The degree in which they help is debatable to a degree, and understandably, the guidelines changed as more was learned about a novel virus. It turns out that washing hands and disinfecting surfaces wasn't all that essential in stopping the spread.

Nobody said masks were foolproof. They help. The degree in which they help is debatable to a degree, and understandably, the guidelines changed as more was learned about a novel virus. It turns out that washing hands and disinfecting surfaces wasn't all that essential in stopping the spread.
The guidelines change daily because the CDC is speaking out of both sides of its mouth.

There is a little more to it than that. Fauci lied for the first 2 months and said the masks were not needed unless you were directly dealing with patients. He knew that was a lie and misled people because he wanted to save all the masks for healthcare workers. He later admitted that he misled people and would do it again. But for 2 months, he basically helped the virus spread and then suddenly did a 180. That was very damaging and probably a springboard for this virus. And definitely a springboard for a lot of the trust issues and politicization of this virus. The media is complicate by never challenging Fauci or hold him accountable, and weaponizing any issues for the Democrats.

The best thing that could happen right now is for Fauci to never be on TV again. He doesn't help, and actually creates more confusion and frustration. He has turned into a narcissist that is in love with hearing his own voice.

The best thing that could happen right now is for " " to never be on TV again. He doesn't help, and actually creates more confusion and frustration. He has turned into a narcissist that is in love with hearing his own voice.
I have no idea if that first part is true, but I find that second paragraph to be the definition of ironic if you think a certain former guy was effective at leading during the pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT