ADVERTISEMENT

Sure glad I don’t fly every week anymore

BigWillieCock

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2007
Citing the recent breakout of fights on airplanes and in airports, Southwest and American are discontinuing alcohol sales on flights.

I can’t blame them, what else do you do to pre screen crazy?

But man, I sure did “need” those free first class drinks on my way home at the end of a long week, especially if said trip was to NOLA or Vegas.

The incident on Southwest was beyond ridiculous. The passenger was your typical white trash.
But yet, there was a passenger onboard willing to say that the flight attendant was at fault, based not on what he saw with his eyes, but on what he heard the miscreant, who evidently was behind him on the plane, say about the flight attendant touching her.

• Haha
Reactions: purenonsense
A two drink limit would solve this. I know the airlines are looking for cost cutting measures anyway. Maybe on flights three hours or less? Or 2 drinks allowed every three hours? Beer would be more liberal in numbers in that timeframe?

I've never understood why any beverage/snack service, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, was necessary on a flight under about 3hrs anyway. It's pretty easy to pack a bottled water and a pack of crackers.

As for the recent apparent rash of fight incidents (I'm not convinced there are actually more incidents so much as that every incident now gets filmed and goes viral on social media), maybe it's just that people spent the last 15 months forgetting how to fly. Perhaps they forgot just how sucky commercial air travel is and were under the mistaken impression that they were going to enjoy the experience.

I've never understood why any beverage/snack service, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, was necessary on a flight under about 3hrs anyway. It's pretty easy to pack a bottled water and a pack of crackers.
That's pretty true. It's a luxury that I don't think people really care about (most flyers survive the other 99% of their lives without a biscotti cookie tray coming by) and I know the airlines hate.

As for the recent apparent rash of fight incidents (I'm not convinced there are actually more incidents so much as that every incident now gets filmed and goes viral on social media), maybe it's just that people spent the last 15 months forgetting how to fly. Perhaps they forgot just how sucky commercial air travel is and were under the mistaken impression that they were going to enjoy the experience.
I flew 150k - 200k miles per year for over a decade. There are three groups.

1- Fear of flying but have to for work.

2- People like me who the airplane is your after work bar because you travel so much.

3- The drunk party crowd.

1&2 are symbiotic to the airline. 3 is where the problem arises. But ya know, like everything else these days...one bad apple spoils the bunch

From what I understand they will be serving booze in 1st class again soon.

Just pass out free Xanax for all flights. Problem solved. Smooth sailing from there on out. 😁
I once took a Xanax in college before a concert in Charlotte. A few drinks later I was passed out on the lawn. Less than smooth sailing. 😜

Short flight - read or if a work flight - prep for meeting

Long flight - hit the Gogo app and watch a movie

BigWillie....Im the type to forgive and forget, but its what I've gone with for 12 plus years. He's still a Tater...Correct..?

Reactions: BigWillieCock
Toss the crazies from the plane. Give them a parachute and instruction booklet on their way out the door. Problem solved.

• Love
Reactions: purenonsense
I flew 150k - 200k miles per year for over a decade. There are three groups.

1- Fear of flying but have to for work.

2- People like me who the airplane is your after work bar because you travel so much.

3- The drunk party crowd.

1&2 are symbiotic to the airline. 3 is where the problem arises. But ya know, like everything else these days...one bad apple spoils the bunch
I’ve always had a moderate fear of flying. I constantly have to reassure myself when turbulence kicks in, read pilots’ blogs assuring me it’s nothing, etc.

Did you ever have any issues (emergency landings, severe turbulence, etc.)?

I’ve always had a moderate fear of flying. I constantly have to reassure myself when turbulence kicks in, read pilots’ blogs assuring me it’s nothing, etc.

As a physician I have had to respond to two in-flight medical emergencies: one a narcoleptic and one an old lady with severe heart disease. Both were flights to Dallas so now I fly through Houston.

Oh yeah. A few real bad ones. Enough that for a year or so I myself got very nervous myself.

Slid off a runway once in Salt Lake. Hit some mid air turbulence once that dropped us about 2,000 feet and had the overhead items spilling out. Touched down in Cincinnati once and immediately took off again almost vertically because the plane in front of us lost power. Was on a commuter jet from Missouri to ATL once and got boxed in by a bad summer thunderstorms on all sides, it threw us around pretty bad , we aborted 3 landings and ended up landing in Savannah. That one was pretty scary, the lone flight attendant cried through most of it. Blew an engine right after take off, surprisingly other than the initial bang that wasn’t too scary at all, circled around and landed uneventfully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT