ADVERTISEMENT

Surely this team will come up with a Mascot soon, What will it be?

PabloSC

Oct 12, 2010
What have we seen in years past; a fish in a bowl? a weird bat?
Did I see someone with a plastic medieval axe after the game???

Last edited:
What have we seen in years past; a fish in a bowl? a weird bat?
Did I see someone with a plastic medieval axe after the game???
Yes. Asked about it earlier. I thought it looked like the bat symbol. Call it the "Bat Axe"

Wha...? A scythe is what the Grim Reaper carried and is used primarily for agricultural purposes.

A double-headed battle axe is what the team was carrying.
Exactly... Looks nothing like a scythe, someone called it that in a twitter story that referenced it before the game too. Perplexing.

Reactions: rogue cock
Exactly... Looks nothing like a scythe, someone called it that in a twitter story that referenced it before the game too. Perplexing.
Well, now, this is a quandary. If a team has a battle axe that is mistakenly referred to as a scythe, and the team is winning, do you correctly name it a battle axe or do you keep on calling it a scythe?

Wha...? A scythe is what the Grim Reaper carried and is used primarily for agricultural purposes.

A double-headed battle axe is what the team was carrying.
The thing I saw on my tv was the thing the Grim Reaper carries. I just looked at the article and THAT is indeed a battle axe. Either I'm going crazy or they have two different props. I even posted a grim reaper GIF to my Twitter during the game and a bunch of people commented on it so they thought they saw the same thing as me. Now I'm genuinely confused.

The thing I saw on my tv was the thing the Grim Reaper carries. I just looked at the article and THAT is indeed a battle axe. Either I'm going crazy or they have two different props. I even posted a grim reaper GIF to my Twitter during the game and a bunch of people commented on it so they thought they saw the same thing as me. Now I'm genuinely confused.
Maybe Brady had one, and Wes the other. He said it was from their Halloween costumes.

Not all journalists know much (I've learned that over my many years). I don't know why people get upset about top 10 lists, etc., from journalists who are working on a deadline. They don't care if it's correct because they got in their copy before the editor's deadline.

There's an axe and a scythe

Scythe
Axe (it's kinda hard to see)

I think you can see them better here- yeah it was confusing at first I had only seen the axe!
This all harkens back to the ole spirit stick when I see it.. That was the first real token prop we used to boost morale in the dugout during our first championship run that I recall... I don’t remember the exact story of it’s creation but I think it happened during a rain delay- we were down in a game, they made that spirit stick (basically a bat with a bunch of athletic tape in Gamecock colors wrapped around it, holding a ball to it), did some kinda rain dance/seance around it and we wound up coming back to win?

Here is an old article I found that links to some others:
http://leftoverhotdog.com/articles/...n-for-omaha-mohawk-a-avatar-spirit-stick.html

I think you can see them better here- yeah it was confusing at first I had only seen the axe!
This all harkens back to the ole spirit stick when I see it.. That was the first real token prop we used to boost morale in the dugout during our first championship run that I recall... I don’t remember the exact story of it’s creation but I think it happened during a rain delay- we were down in a game, they made that spirit stick (basically a bat with a bunch of athletic tape in Gamecock colors wrapped around it, holding a ball to it), did some kinda rain dance/seance around it and we wound up coming back to win?

Here is an old article I found that links to some others:
http://leftoverhotdog.com/articles/...n-for-omaha-mohawk-a-avatar-spirit-stick.html

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Spirit Stick is in the trophy case in the baseball office...

ADVERTISEMENT