ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 tickets???

dav8800

Aug 14, 2004
how can I get a ticket? Lol. The site says they aren't selling them - stubhub the only option?

No, those are scalper prices. $15 @ CLA; should not be more than $40 @ MSG.

Reactions: jon#
Shouldn't be a terribly hard ticket as I wouldn't expect Florida or Baylor to travel well to NYC. Will Gamecock fans flood the big apple?

Wisconsin will be well represented.

The Garden and the bars and team hotels I am sure are pissed!!! They were hoping to have Duke and Villanova which both have YUGE Garden followings, instead they get Wisconsin and South Carolina

The face value on the tickets are $150 each session, so, while I think tickets will be readily available outside the Garden, even slightly below face will still be not cheap.

The Garden and the bars and team hotels I am sure are pissed!!! They were hoping to have Duke and Villanova which both have YUGE Garden followings, instead they get Wisconsin and South Carolina

Do you know how many thousands of USC alums live in metro New York? More than enough to fill the Garden. We will be very well represented.

Any idea if I am able to get tickets if i could leave them for my son to pick them up at will call at MSG?
If you call them the gamecock club they will change the name to a family member.

BE CAREFUL! Fakes are out there!! My buddy got stuck with some for the Duke game, drove to Greenville and got turned away at the gate!! Tickets for those games on the secondary market were $400+, I would not trust anyone online other than reputable retailers!!! And if they are offering them for half of what others are asking, SOMETHING IS WRONG! Unless it is your Dad selling them to you, nobody is giving money away!!

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
I am telling you, I go to a bevy of college basketball games at the Garden every year, games that Duke and Nova play in, they have ridiculously large fan bases up here. Duke plays at least one game a year in the Garden for a reason, to appease their fans here.

As for tickets thru the Gamecock Club, here is what I know:
-first wave of ticket notices start shortly after noon today (based on my points I doubt I hear anything);
-the successive waves run through sometime tomorrow;
-many more tickets granted to Carolina than at Greenville, so greater likelihood of getting them;
-we won't know when we play Sunday (and yes I am counting on us beating Baylor) until after the Friday games are played - TV will decide who plays when.

Cocks in The Garden? Methinks I need to go. My wife supports this, further sanctioning that I am a lucky guy.

Finally I realize that tix may be cheaper at the site, but to me it is worth some $$$ to have that aspect behind me ( and time may be a factor as well).

I'll be the one rushing the court and getting clubbed by New York's finest after we make the Final Four on Sunday.

Waiting to hear if we got them through GCC. If not, going to have to bite the bullet on Stubhub. Scalping at The Garden for this makes me nervous. I've heard of people getting screwed there on fakes more than once. Plus, don't want to spend my time in NYC walking around looking for tickets on Friday

Last edited:
-we won't know when we play Sunday (and yes I am counting on us beating Baylor) until after the Friday games are played - TV will decide who plays when.

There is a 99.999999999% chance that we would be the first game on Sunday. The other game will involve either UK or UCLA against likely UNC. No way they put that game at 2pm.

There is a 99.999999999% chance that we would be the first game on Sunday. The other game will involve either UK or UCLA against likely UNC. No way they put that game at 2pm.

We are waiting to hear from the GC Club as well. We bought 2 from vivid seats that we will be selling if we get them through the club. Sect 111, Row 21.

Starting to get slightly anxious. If it doesn't work out thru GCC, will have to do it online. And a lot of these are UPS. Getting it shipped on a Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning when we're flying out Friday AM is cutting it close. Would have to do next day delivery I guess.

We are going to sell ours for face value if we end up getting better seats through the club. We will have them in hand tomorrow if you are in a pickle.

Starting to get slightly anxious. If it doesn't work out thru GCC, will have to do it online. And a lot of these are UPS. Getting it shipped on a Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning when we're flying out Friday AM is cutting it close. Would have to do next day delivery I guess.

You can print your own, you know.

"You can print your own, you know."

Not with all of the brokers....no, you can't. Are you going?

Nah. I make it a point never to cross the Mason Dixon Line if I can help it.

Was actually looking into it, but I'm not gonna miss my son's game on Saturday. Can't get those moments back.

Our fans will outnumber Baylor's by at least 4 to 1.

Wouldn't be at all surprised by that, but then again that's saying more about Baylor's pathetic traveling fanbase than it is about anyone else. UK played Baylor in Atlanta in the Elite 8 in 2012, and they had very few fans there.

I would expect Wisconsin and South Carolina to have more fans BY FAR than the other two schools. Would be great to see South Carolina fans flood the big apple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT