ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet win on home field of #1 RPI team!!!

Awesome win! Out of their 4 losses at home this year(hard to believe), we have given them 2 of 4. Can you imagine if they lose 5 games at home this year and 3 are to us? It could happen. Odds still against us but when it comes down to one game anything can happen.

Awesome win! Out of their 4 losses at home this year(hard to believe), we have given them 2 of 4. Can you imagine if they lose 5 games at home this year and 3 are to us? It could happen. Odds still against us but when it comes down to one game anything can happen.
Well, the odds of that happening certainly improved with our win today. LOL

In the past it has been done upon the completion of Game 2, when it's determined there will be a Game 3.
Yeah, they must have done it pretty quick. I saw the bracket on SEConline’s livestat page showed Arky as the home team within a few minutes of game 2’s conclusion.

All hosting teams are listed as the home team for today's games...you sure they do a coin flip, would seem odd that all the hosting teams won the coin flip for today's games....

All hosting teams are listed as the home team for today's games...you sure they do a coin flip, would seem odd that all the hosting teams won the coin flip for today's games....
I just read an article on the Vandy-MSU SR and it said Vandy will host(ed) game 3 because it won the coin toss to decide before the series started.

Hello Gamecocks. I have no idea of who the home team will be tonight. I thought that it was determined by higher seeded team, and that the coin flip only comes into play for game three if the teams are seeded the same, but who knows?

As for the game, if we can get 5 innings or so from Campbell the Hogs will be tough to beat tonight. He is either really good, or really bad, and will be on a very short leash for certain. He started a game in the Regional was pulled in the first inning after only 13 pitches. At any rate, I expect a lengthy game because both coaches will probably change pitchers quickly and often.

Hello Gamecocks. I have no idea of who the home team will be tonight. I thought that it was determined by higher seeded team, and that the coin flip only comes into play for game three if the teams are seeded the same, but who knows?

As for the game, if we can get 5 innings or so from Campbell the Hogs will be tough to beat tonight. He is either really good, or really bad, and will be on a very short leash for certain. He started a game in the Regional was pulled in the first inning after only 13 pitches. At any rate, I expect a lengthy game because both coaches will probably change pitchers quickly and often.
We won't be changing pitchers quickly and often.

We won't be changing pitchers quickly and often.
Yes, you probably will, and so will we. Both teams can hit the ball, and the coaches are going to mix it up and not stay with any risky pitcher long at all.

Our closer is very dangerous and hasn't pitched, so if the Hogs are leading, expect to see Cronin for the last 2-3 innings to try and close it out.

Yes, you probably will, and so will we. Both teams can hit the ball, and the coaches are going to mix it up and not stay with any risky pitcher long at all.

Our closer is very dangerous and hasn't pitched, so if the Hogs are leading, expect to see Cronin for the last 2-3 innings to try and close it out.
Arrogant much?

Arky is the home team. It was decided by coin toss before game 1.

Maybe...maybe not.

Arrogant much?

Arky is the home team. It was decided by coin toss before game 1.
Thanks for the clarification on the Home Team.

No sir, I am not arrogant at all, just stating what I expect will take place. Let me ask you, do you believe either coach will stay with any pitcher more than 3-4 innings with what is on the line, and the way both of these teams can hit?

Arkansas has the clear advantage tonight on paper, but it's baseball, anything can happen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT