ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse rose 9 spots... 9??

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
after beating Wake.
I get there are only so many teams with a better record than 7-2. But 9 spots to number 13? That’ll help the ole schedule strength for the teams that beat them.
My guess is it’s in preparation for next weeks Notre Dame contest. Assuming they get by Louisville it’ll probably be a top 10 matchup.
Also Florida is still in the top 20. Guess we need to take advantage of an opportunity to beat a ranked team!

after beating Wake.
I get there are only so many teams with a better record than 7-2. But 9 spots to number 13? That’ll help the ole schedule strength for the teams that beat them.
My guess is it’s in preparation for next weeks Notre Dame contest. Assuming they get by Louisville it’ll probably be a top 10 matchup.
Also Florida is still in the top 20. Guess we need to take advantage of an opportunity to beat a ranked team!

This is proof we need to abandon the conference, play a bunch of cupcakes, win 10 games and watch the rise into the top 15.

Reactions: Noonoo-33
I'm glad somebody brought up Cuse. What do they do so successfully against the taters? Their talent isnt any better than anybody else on clemson schedule. But, they beat them last year and almost pulled it off again this year.

To the OP, the formula for all this is pretty simple. The powers that be across the land MUST prop up these crappy conferences and random teams within those conferences. It creates (false) drama and hype and keeps the money flowing. It's basically fake news on the sports level. And if you don't believe any of this.....well, I have a bridge to sell.

It's like last week or the week before when there was like 4 or 5 teams from the Acc in the top 25. A complete joke.

Yep. Have to make sure Cuse will still end up ranked after ND. Think of it as a nine spot cushion.

Cuse has smart veteran QBs & solid WRs and athletes on D, especially up front. Not great size & that led to quempson pounding out some 1st downs at the end

I'm glad somebody brought up Cuse. What do they do so successfully against the taters? Their talent isnt any better than anybody else on clemson schedule. But, they beat them last year and almost pulled it off again this year.

Good question. They get the ball out very very fast. That negates the redneck NFL dline.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Cuse has smart veteran QBs & solid WRs and athletes on D, especially up front. Not great size & that led to quempson pounding out some 1st downs at the end

Well, UNC has ONE WIN, and they ran all over Syracuse in their dome, and lost in OT, I believe. Syracuse's run defense is AWFUL!

after beating Wake.
When was last time we beat a ranked team

I guess, in a way - yes. What I'm saying is that when you're beat by 17 points at home, you should drop in the rankings.

I think Syracuse rose way too far for beating a crappy Wake team. Conversely, I think Kentucky didn't fall far enough for their loss to number 6 Georgia.

It'll all work out in the wash. They both play a very crappy Louisville. Syracuse will play Notre Dame and BC. And, Kentucky gets a murderers row of Tennessee, and Middle Tennessee. So, Kentucky will win out and rise in the rankings. The problem with that is they will likely get embarrassed in a bowl game against someone with a similar record like Ohio State or Oklahoma.

Cuse has a pretty solid team. Dino is legit. To me being a clemson fan their QB Eric Dungey reminds me of Connor Shaw. Tough as nails and gritty. I think they’ll beat ND personally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT