ADVERTISEMENT

T. Feaster question. If there were 4 seconds left in the game...

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
against Clemson. And we were down by 4 points. And it was our ball, 4th and goal, at Clemson's 1 yard line. And Feaster had over 100 yards in the game. And Clemson was playing for an undefeated regular season. Would you 100% trust putting the ball in Feaster's hands? Just wondering. My garnet blood is having a little trouble with this one.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
tenor.gif

against Clemson. And we were down by 4 points. And it was our ball, 4th and goal, at Clemson's 1 yard line. And Feaster had over 100 yards in the game. And Clemson was playing for an undefeated regular season. Would you 100% trust putting the ball in Feaster's hands? Just wondering. My garnet blood is having a little trouble with this one.
Fake to Feaster and Bentley would go in untouched around the end. Guaranteed. I would not give it to Feaster.

Mods shouldn’t even allow ridiculous questions like this...dude is trying to get to the NFL man.

A very good question.

Are you implying he'd throw the game? lol

Football is this dude's job and he's a competitor. He would look at this like playing his brother. May be friends, but still want to kick each other's arse and rib each other after you do.

Not only that, like someone said- as a guy trying to get to the league, you don't think he'd want what would be one of the biggest TD's of the CFB season (in this hypothetical scenario) on his resume?

Absolutely trust him.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
On the Clemson website they are probably moaning about him bringing a copy of the Clemson playbook to Muschamp. If they lose, that will certainly be blamed as the reason.

Common mistake: fans believing players act and think like fans.

Feaster didn’t get where he is not being a competitor. I’m sure he has so many good memories and will always be a Clemson Tiger. However, I bet if you asked him the 1 game on our schedule he wanted to win most he’d say the Clemson game.

This is like asking if Spurrier would try hard against Florida. Remember how hard that dude coached that game? He just about crushed their Title hopes in 2007, if not for a penalty and a blocked FG. Any coach I’ve ever been around that played their alma mater always wanted to beat them. They always brought a little extra to that game. Doesn’t mean they don’t love them...they do. But they want to win it.

Last edited:
Op’s Mentality is why we are sledding uphill right now. The second best back in our state falls into our lap....USE HIM UP!!!

Feaster didn’t get where he is not being a competitor. I’m sure he has so many good memories and will always be a Clemson Tiger. However, I bet if you asked him the 1 game on our schedule he wanted to win most he’d say the Clemson game.

This is like asking if Spurrier would try hard against Florida. Remember how hard that dude coached that game? He just about crushed their Title hopes in 2007, if not for a penalty and a blocked FG. Any coach I’ve ever been around that played their alma mater always wanted to beat them. They always brought a little extra to that game. Doesn’t mean they don’t love them...they do. But they want to win it.
I pondered that last year when old Muschamp shut it down at the end of the 3rd quarter against Florida. LoL

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I pondered that last year when old Muschamp shut it down at the end of the 3rd quarter against Florida. LoL

Well you don’t have to worry about Muschamp letting up against the school that fired him. Not to mention, Muschamp is a Georgia Bulldog. You can bet he wants to beat Florida and UGA every season. Problem is we just aren’t very good.

Well you don’t have to worry about Muschamp letting up against the school that fired him. Not to mention, Muschamp is a Georgia Bulldog. You can bet he wants to beat Florida and UGA every season. Problem is we just aren’t very good.
So we didn't let up last year? Looked like we did to me. We were beating them like a rented mule and went Conservative but that's just my observation. I was just joking about him doing it on purpose but he definitely went into conservative mode.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
So we didn't let up last year? Looked like we did to me. We were beating them like a rented mule and went Conservative but that's just my observation. I was just joking about him doing it on purpose but he definitely went into conservative mode.

There is a difference in getting conservative and letting up. We got conservative to try and run clock, shorten the game, and win. That’s not a new strategy...and probably works more often than not. It’s just fans remember the times it doesn’t work way more. But in no way was he “letting up” because he has sympathy on Florida or didn’t want to score more.

It’s also been said many of the plays were bad reads meaning we still ran the offense we did to get the lead. Jake simply handed the ball off way more, making the wrong read multiple times. So according to those who did that research and studied the film, we didn’t even go conservative. We just made the wrong reads.

Either way I would say it was a mistake, which is easy to do because we lost. I doubt anyone felt worse about that loss than Muschamp did.

Last edited:

One question. What kind of season has he had - overall? If he's a 1000 yard rusher and the starter at TB and no injuries (he's 100% at this point) then yes because it would mean he has the ability to find the opening and could likely get 1 yard.

But Spurrier would use him as a decoy. So there's that aspect.

There is a difference in getting conservative and letting up. We got conservative to try and run clock, shorten the game, and win. That’s not a new strategy...and probably works more often than not. It’s just fans remember the times it doesn’t work way more. But in no way was he “letting up” because he has sympathy on Florida or didn’t want to score more.

It’s also been said many of the plays were bad reads meaning we still ran the offense we did to get the lead. Jake simply handed the ball off way more, making the wrong read multiple times. So according to those who did that research and studied the film, we didn’t even go conservative. We just made the wrong reads.

Either way I would say it was a mistake, which is easy to do because we lost. I doubt anyone felt worse about that loss than Muschamp did.

It worked for Spurrier many times, but he had a much better defense to rely on at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT