ADVERTISEMENT

T Rob...

Noonoo-33

Aug 20, 2018
...give me you folks thoughts. Feel like we haven’t progressed much since 2016. Maybe i am wrong. Spit balling a bit but last Saturday didn’t give me the warm and fuzzies. Expected more fight from the d.

Just see out of position players that are not tackling well. When we had the fire ant defense, the guys would swarm to the play and make the play. If you don't have players making the play, put someone in until they can.

To me that's on the strength coach more than anyone else. You never see our players put on 30 lbs of muscle in the off season or get considerably stronger it seems like.
We are also playing a lot of underclassmen, especially on the LOS. Linemen usually need a couple of years to get their bodies right for college football. There are exceptions to the rule but those guys are usually 5 stars and we don't seem to get too many of those.

To me that's on the strength coach more than anyone else. You never see our players put on 30 lbs of muscle in the off season or get considerably stronger it seems like.
I’d be interested to know the progress individuals have made on the lifts as well as lean body mass. We could have a few guys putting up nice highlight videos squatting 600 but what about everyone. The thing is D1 athletes are already gifted. It should not take that much to improve a genetically gifted kid with hormones already racing through his veins.

Seems like we heard a lot about it, though. (at least to me)

A lot of "he's changed his body" comments. #3 lost like 40 lbs, though. Maybe he'd clog the run better if he were fatter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT