ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating and parking

Are we really going to arrest people or ban them from the property for putting up a Gamecock tent and downing some chicken wings with their family?

Tailgating is discouraged, but not banned. Tents are not allowed for Gamecock Club parking lots. Mine is private and I should be able to have a rent. Also University lots will open 2.5 hours before game time.

Reactions: Tmac069
Tailgating is discouraged, but not banned. Tents are not allowed for Gamecock Club parking lots. Mine is private and I should be able to have a rent. Also University lots will open 2.5 hours before game time.
No tent in Gamecock Park, but I plan to setup a small table, 8 chairs, with a cooler in the open back of my SUV, in my two spaces for my family. Tents and large tailgate parties are banned..

Last edited:
Are we really going to arrest people or ban them from the property for putting up a Gamecock tent and downing some chicken wings with their family?
I would imagine they will ask anyone who puts up a tent to take it down (in Gamecock Club lots). As far as enjoying the day with your family, I would hope that the cops will take the attitude "If you don't bother me, I won't bother you".

Of course, also use some common sense. Don't plan a huge tailgate party either, where you are violating local ordinances that are in place. If you do that, you really have no one to blame but yourself if the cops pay you a visit.

I would imagine they will ask anyone who puts up a tent to take it down (in Gamecock Club lots). As far as enjoying the day with your family, I would hope that the cops will take the attitude "If you don't bother me, I won't bother you".

Of course, also use some common sense. Don't plan a huge tailgate party either, where you are violating local ordinances that are in place. If you do that, you really have no one to blame but yourself if the cops pay you a visit.

Yeah I don’t expect to have a party of 45 or even 25 but on the other hand I don’t expect to see a parent with their kids getting arrested for eating and drinking outside the stadium either, but it’s 2020 and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Unfortunately a lack of common sense isn’t uncommon.

Yeah I don’t expect to have a party of 45 or even 25 but on the other hand I don’t expect to see a parent with their kids getting arrested for eating and drinking outside the stadium either, but it’s 2020 and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Unfortunately a lack of common sense isn’t uncommon.
I haven’t heard anything about people being arrested, all I’ve been told is “large groups” will be asked to break up. No one gave me a number as to what “large groups” were, though.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I haven’t heard anything about people being arrested, all I’ve been told is “large groups” will be asked to break up. No one gave me a number as to what “large groups” were, though.

The vagueness sure does give a lot of power to law enforcement to determine what that is.

The vagueness sure does give a lot of power to law enforcement to determine what that is.
I would imagine whatever lot you are in will be governed by the ordinances in place for USC, City of Columbia, or Richland County. If whatever ordinance says "no groups larger than 10" (I think most are this), and you have only 6, they shouldn't bother you.

“if the cops pay you a visit.” U mean like 2 yrs back! I had a front row seat:)

ADVERTISEMENT