ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner acknowledges pizza delivery receipt pic is real

Look, it’s been 40 years since my Pizza Hut cook days, and we didn’t deliver in those days, but.....
What pizza place takes an order for that much $$$$$ and does not take payment in advance, but is OK with getting a debit card at delivery? That is not a sustainable business plan.
What I suspect is that the bill included delivery/tip charges, actually as my local Pizza Hut does even when I order $15 worth. Then, I usually also put a further tip added on when I order. All I see when I do get a receipt is the total amount when it is delivered, Nothing to see here.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I am confused, what is illegal about the school ordering pizza to feed the team? Scholarship players get free food all day long, why is this a big deal to taters?

When I order Postmates I normally tip the driver 10% on top of the delivery fee they are already getting, 20% would be a tip for someone providing service in a restaurant.

Look, it’s been 40 years since my Pizza Hut cook days, and we didn’t deliver in those days, but.....
What pizza place takes an order for that much $$$$$ and does not take payment in advance, but is OK with getting a debit card at delivery? That is not a sustainable business plan.
What I suspect is that the bill included delivery/tip charges, actually as my local Pizza Hut does even when I order $15 worth. Then, I usually also put a further tip added on when I order. All I see when I do get a receipt is the total amount when it is delivered, Nothing to see here.

That’s a dilevery fee not a tip, the driver sees very little of that charge if any. That money goes to paying his mileage that the resturant has to pay. That’s why they charge you a fee for it.

That’s a dilevery fee not a tip, the driver sees very little of that charge if any. That money goes to paying his mileage that the resturant has to pay. That’s why they charge you a fee for it.

Doesn’t change the fact that whenever I order, either on line or via phone, I add a tip and then receive a receipt from the delivery person showing the total.

Are we not all stunned that a company would make all those pizzas and deliver them without charging in advance. Surely, if Carolina has ordered pizza from PJ’s before, they’d have a billable account to which the fee is charged, and tip added.

For PJ’s, or anyone else to do otherwise is inexcusable. The downside is almost insurmountable.

There have been some valid points made here. The food may have arrived way too early. The order may have been botched. The driver may have been rude as hell and deserving of this tip. If I had an order go this way, I may have done the same thing.

However. I don't represent the University of South Carolina Athletic Department or it's football program or its Nutrition Program. Those that do don't have the luxury of letting this happen. They are part of a public entity with a bright spotlight on it. Unfortunately, Clemson's is even brighter, and we gave them and their cult another chance to use theirs to highlight our shortcomings.

And for anyone thinks this will just end as water cooler talk at work, get real. Dabo and Co. are already spinning this into a positive recruiting point for them. And they probably already used it on Saturday.
SPOT ON...again, Tiger Illustrated was on this within an hour of it happening. Then Ray comments just before midnight long after those self-righteous idiots are sharing it all over their FB and Twitter feeds.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Service industry in the US is governed by tips. Delivery guys typically get 2 bucks an hour, and you know the cheap-ass students in Columbia (I was once one of them) don’t tip anything.
Seems like a Papa John's problem, not a customer problem. Tipped jobs are a joke and should not be governed so. Tips are meant as a reward for doing well. I'm already paying for my food/service. It is not incumbent upon the customer to make up the disparity in pay. Tipped income like that should be illegal.

No real point here as I believe delivery drivers make about $7.30/ hr, just a comment about restaurant/bar staff and tips. When I waited tables & made 2.15/hr, I would get taxed as if I made 15% on all sales. So, if I got stiffed or received less than a 15% tip, it actually cost me money to wait on the customer. Also, if the tip is on a credit card, I would get taxed more on the tip if it was more than 15%. That’s why I’m typically a 20% tipper for average+ service & try to do it in cash even if paying with credit card.
Yeah, same here on the 20%. Our daughter was a server, and their tip % was actually part of their reviews. They needed to average at least 20% to be considered satisfactory. Since we found that out some years ago, 20% has been our standard.

Reactions: king ward
Yeah, same here on the 20%. Our daughter was a server, and their tip % was actually part of their reviews. They needed to average at least 20% to be considered satisfactory. Since we found that out some years ago, 20% has been our standard.

Servers tip part of that 20 to the busboy and bartender. It’s a system where the people who work the hardest can get rewarded for it.

If the service was good, a $20-25 dollar tip would have been appropriate, I suppose BUT if the order was screwed up - that changes a LOT!

I normally tip 20-25% in a restaurant (usually cash) - more, if the service is exceptional, but for take-outs, it's normally a flat $5.00 tip from me, unless it's a large or difficult order, then I give $10.00. HOWEVER, by going PUBLIC with a copy of the receipt, the pizza operation should pay a tip to USC!

I would think a $2000 pizza order which would amount to at least 120 pizzas or more would probably qualify as a "large or difficult order" using your own words. So yes, $5 or $10 is being a complete cheap ass.

Really bad look for USC whether some of y'all are old school cheap asses or not. Now I agree with you that if the delivery driver was a punk or they had really bad service, it would be unfortunate. But a school like USC still has to not that the optics don't allow for giving a $5 tip regardless of service. This isn't John Cocktosin ordering a pizza at his house.

Seems like a Papa John's problem, not a customer problem. Tipped jobs are a joke and should not be governed so. Tips are meant as a reward for doing well. I'm already paying for my food/service. It is not incumbent upon the customer to make up the disparity in pay. Tipped income like that should be illegal.

You sound like a real nice guy. Yes, that is sarcasm. Since I would imagine you don't get sarcasm very well.

But in all seriousness, are you like 140 years old or something? Born in the 1800s?

I have a feeling you still change your on oil in your 30 year old car too. That's swell Beaver

Reactions: ddw1263
Yeah, but unfortunately pizza delivery drivers have been tipped on gas/length of ride. Why the hell should a delivery driver be tipped 200$ on a 2,000$ order when they put order in car and drive three minutes to drop order?
They loaded and unloaded $2000 worth of pizza....that might have broken a sweat.

This is the only thing that matters. We literally let David Hood of Tiger Illustrated drive the narrative on this all day.
And, exactly how did he drive he narrative? He was wrong on so many counts and the real facts have only served to verify that he is nothing short of an attention grabber and journalistic tiger HACK. I wonder how much Dabo tipped the douche-bag to run with his earth-shattering story of lies and deceit?

Yeah, but unfortunately pizza delivery drivers have been tipped on gas/length of ride. Why the hell should a delivery driver be tipped 200$ on a 2,000$ order when they put order in car and drive three minutes to drop order?

They still have to load the car and unload it. They should have been tipped 15%, at least. Period.

Lots of cheap bastards in this thread for sure. Those of you bragging that you only tip your delivery driver 10% ...... I can *ASSURE YOU*... your food is being spit on. Delivery drivers don't forget the el' cheapo customers. Anyway, stop being cheap bastards and tip 20% of the entire bill.

Not one comment in this thread about the underlying issue. It doesn't matter if it's a tip on a pizza order or the scheduling of another game at the end of the season or refunds for a cancelled game, etc.... it is always going to be something like this because the fans will not hold the university accountable. If you really want USC to stop being the butt of jokes..... replace the whole BOT who will in turn fire Ray and get a real AD in here.

While Ray is being shown the door, take the baseball coach and Muschamp and Martin too because *THAT* is ultimately going happen soon anyway. May as well get it over with. You can mark my words on that and take it to the bank.

Reactions: USCBruce
Lots of cheap bastards in this thread for sure. Those of you bragging that you only tip your delivery driver 10% ...... I can *ASSURE YOU*... your food is being spit on. Delivery drivers don't forget the el' cheapo customers. Anyway, stop being cheap bastards and tip 20% of the entire bill.

Not one comment in this thread about the underlying issue. It doesn't matter if it's a tip on a pizza order or the scheduling of another game at the end of the season or refunds for a cancelled game, etc.... it is always going to be something like this because the fans will not hold the university accountable. If you really want USC to stop being the butt of jokes..... replace the whole BOT who will in turn fire Ray and get a real AD in here.

While Ray is being shown the door, take the baseball coach and Muschamp and Martin too because *THAT* is ultimately going happen soon anyway. May as well get it over with. You can mark my words on that and take it to the bank.
640x640.jpg

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Service industry in the US is governed by tips. Delivery guys typically get 2 bucks an hour, and you know the cheap-ass students in Columbia (I was once one of them) don’t tip anything.
Actually, delivery drivers are paid (at least) minimum wage. While they certainly receive tips, they are not consider servers. And, they make so much per each delivery on top of that - usually a $1 or $2. Then, they make the tips too. Papa Johns, a time ago, used to pay the driver a percentage of the total - can’t remrmber what it was, but it would have been nice on this ticket. A long time ago, when I drove fro Pizza Hut, our manager would pay us a nice extra delivery fee when we took a very large order. He knew it would take us off the road for awhile. Sometimes, it takes a good manager too. But, I understand the $5 tip was pretty lousy. But, that is not all the driver makes.

The problem these days is everybody wants a tip. I have a tip for people, if your career job is working for minimum wage plus tips you will not go very far in life. if you are happy then fine, enjoy life.

I like the European way better for the most part, professional waiters, tip included. Or better yet have the business charge a price for their service that gives the employees a better wage. The main problem with tip included is there is no incentive to work very hard for it.

Now I have a friend who graduated from Carolina and he worked as a waiter in a very high-end restaurant in Charleston for many years after school. Once I said to him when are you going to get a real job? He said he was making $100K plus per year waiting tables and did not want to take the pay cut to be a math teacher, lol.

Reactions: rickbryan
If you don’t tip a driver like a waiter or waitress, which is 15%-20% or your tab, you are just a jerk.
what if the service is horrible. I always tip 20% unless I have poor service--then it's 10 Sorry I don't get rewarded for doing a poor job

They always start at 20% and they can then work their way up or down. I do not fault a waiter for kitchen issues, I just give the restaurant a bad review. Bad service is adjusted for, of course.

What I find interesting is that a lot of restaurants have a suggested tipping section on the receipt. They calculate the tip based on the gross sale (tax included). The Government only calculates the tip based on the net sale of food and beverage by a waiter, not including the tax. I do not tip on tax because it is not used to calculate the server's taxes.

When I was a bartender the waiters had to tip us 10% on their liquor sales because we made the drinks. What a lot of crying those cheap a$$ waiters made when they had to give us some money. Waiters are cheap a$$ tipper too!

I think a little basic PR training is in order for anyone ordering large food orders.

It’s a non issue at this point. Not that it ever was a big issue.

Reactions: rogue cock
See, you're a person who does right, not a person looking to stiff somebody.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

WOW! Didn't realize all this was imminent. With unemployment being at a 50 year low, this is NOT exactly the time you want to be out looking for a new job. Hope Ray lands on his feet and learns by his mistake (tip at least 20%).

giphy.gif

Let's travel to Logicville. Pizza ovens can't cook $1900 of pizza at the same time thus some are ready early and will most likely be cold when the other 100 finish. It was a stupid order from the one who ordered it anyway. Who can time that much pizza to arrive piping hot? I know they put them in the thermal bags put still they took the bags with them and left the food to get cold. You can't time something like this right. Move along nothing to see here.

Precisely. If they wanted to place an order of this magnitude, everything should have been arranged in advance - payment, gratuity, etc. I'm surprised the store even took the order.

What is amusing to me is those defending this or complaining about Clemson people giving you a hard time. Like you wouldn't have done the same if it was us. I haven't been over here long but I have read enough to know that had this been us, there would be a 10 page thread bashing Dabo.

Reactions: Zann77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT