ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Castle-Carolina Stadium was not built......

NaturalGC7

Aug 22, 2014
Concord, NC
to be sitting empty and idle during the NCAA tournament. It was budgeted and constructed on the premise that the Gamecocks would be hosting regional and super regional tournaments every year and give us a significant home field advantage for players and fans.

Looking at Holbrook's past three years....

at NC-failed to host Super Regional and lost
Maryland at home-failure to get out of regionals against a mediocre team
2015---absolute failure-forecasting NO post season

Next year doesn't look promising unless the program attacks the hitting issues, defense, and a sense of urgency by both the coaches and players. There also needs to be a significant upgrade in talent recruited into the program. Right now I don't see it happening with the temperament I see in the dugout by the head coach and the fact that the team's performance has diminished as the season progressed.

I'm not one to change coaches when there is failure because stuff happens in baseball over a 56-game schedule...slumps, injuries, facing hot teams and so on---however I do believe change is needed if there is no progress at all in critical areas of play after 50-games. How dare the NCAA juice up the baseball this year and we put as pathetic a hitting team in maybe the history of the program. Quite honestly, Holbrook's supposed expertise is recruiting and that's not that great either if you look at the players effort and abilities he has put on the field.

Sorry Chad, but you're not the right man for a program that was on it's way to be storied. It's time to stop the bleeding and bring in a quality coach who knows how to recruit and win.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I understand every one's frustrations but we have about beat this dead horse enough. If we make the SEC tournament....fine....if we win it and go to a regional....good....if we win and make it to a super...great....if we win a super and get to the CWS...fantastic.....otherwise it's wait until next year. Tanner will give Holbrook another year before he pulls the trigger. I don't really see a way out. so....I have no more expectations from here on and anything good that happens from here on will be pleasant surprise. I think that will work....maybe ?

Reactions: gamecock ed
ADVERTISEMENT