ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner has spoke

Honestly...what do you truly expect him to say mid-season? Y'all should know that CRT isn't going to air any internal conversations that may be going on at present.

Thank you! NO ATHLETIC DIRECTOR worth a crap would throw his coach under the bus mid season unless to paraphrase Huey Long, "He is caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."Tanner's job is to support, provide resources, and help every coach succeed until the decision is made to terminate.

Hyman gave Horn his full support until he fired him. I never liked Horn but I rooted for him to win every game. I tried never to say a bad word about him while he was OUR coach. That did not make me blind to his faults. It was only until after he was fired that I spewed my disgust, and I am still venting it. You may mock me for this attitude but I would rather be this way than be the person who was calling for Dawn and Frank to fired after two years and now claims they were always on board.

If the baseball team falls short of expectations this year, Ray Tanner isn't firing Chad Holbrook, so you people calling for his firing are wasting your time complaining

So, in other words Tanner is happy with the direction of the program. I mean seems pretty clear cut to me. Of all people you'd think would care about the baseball program.

So, in other words Tanner is happy with the direction of the program. I mean seems pretty clear cut to me. Of all people you'd think would care about the baseball program.
Nobody knows what he will do .

If the baseball team falls short of expectations this year, Ray Tanner isn't firing Chad Holbrook, so you people calling for his firing are wasting your time complaining
Yep, he'll stick with CH. Well, we had basketball this year. Makes me feel better after watching that embarrassment in cow town and this display of crap coaching in baseball.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
I read an article today about where we stand at the midpoint of the SEC east race. In the article Holbrook was quoted as saying with the schedule we just hope to win more than we lose. SMDH.

Bosox, what purpose do you serve? You only post to "complainers" that bother you to death. You really dont seem to care if we win or lose or do fall short of expectations-just to set "complainers" straight and say "I told you so".

Bosox, what purpose do you serve? You only post to "complainers" that bother you to death. You really dont seem to care if we win or lose or do fall short of expectations-just to set "complainers" straight and say "I told you so".

lawman...what purpose did your post serve? You seem to be the typical Holbrook hater, who states that if you're not for getting rid of Holbrook than you're happy with the situation we are in. Or better yet, "you accept mediocrity"! That is SO far from the truth. I'm not happy with the current play, but not willing to throw Holbrook under the bus yet.
I would think, that the performance of the basketball team, who prove, that you have to let the season play out.

lawman...what purpose did your post serve? You seem to be the typical Holbrook hater, who states that if you're not for getting rid of Holbrook than you're happy with the situation we are in. Or better yet, "you accept mediocrity"! That is SO far from the truth. I'm not happy with the current play, but not willing to throw Holbrook under the bus yet.
I would think, that the performance of the basketball team, who prove, that you have to let the season play out.
I root for the team and hope Holbrook proves the doubters wrong but the jury is still out on him. I don't constantly snub my nose at anyone like bosox does that is not pleased with "falling short of expectations" and basically say "you're an idiot for complaining about anything". That's essentially all he does on this board.

The basketball ball team has been showing improvement under Martin each year.
How are you comparing them to the baseball team that continues to get worse?

The basketball ball team has been showing improvement under Martin each year.
How are you comparing them to the baseball team that continues to get worse?

At the end of the basketball season, several on here were wondering if we would even make the dance. We did, and the rest is history, as they say.
Baseball is struggling, but is coming off of a super regional performance. Getting worse? Maybe, but no one, including you, knows right now.

Yep by your msny many ridiculous post over a period of time the " seems pretty clear to me " is just one more to add to the list. And some wonder why people see them as beyond ridiculous yet cant see it themselves. Oh well

Reactions: Silverspur02
At the end of the basketball season, several on here were wondering if we would even make the dance. We did, and the rest is history, as they say.
Baseball is struggling, but is coming off of a super regional performance. Getting worse? Maybe, but no one, including you, knows right now.

Exactky !! Thank you

Honestly...what do you truly expect him to say mid-season? Y'all should know that CRT isn't going to air any internal conversations that may be going on at present.

exactly....it's what he didn't say that got my attention...he could have said Holbrook will lead our baseball program for the foreseeable future...He didn't say that...that was the obligatory vote of confidence all lame duck HBCs seem to get

We knew our basketball team was leg weary...They had time to recover and be full go for the dance and they played exceptionally well...our baseball team is poorly coached and poorly motivated...they fold under pressure the vast majority of the time..it's still possible they could turn it around...yet the flaws seem fatal to me...

Reactions: cockofdawn

Coach Ray Tanner lost the benefit of the doubt during the football transition. And that was with a 6 month head start.

Ray.. there're people on this site that were quoted last Sunday, hoping SC would've been swept last weekend and also hoping SC drops 2 out of 3 of the remaining series so Holbrook would have a chance to be fired...and they call themselves fans

Reactions: USC-1
No one knows what CRT will or will not do at the end of the season. Just because he's not throwing someone under the bus midseason does not mean he's happy with the situation.
FTR, USCBatgirl21 speaks for me in regards to this issue. I back she and her point(s)/opinion(s) up 100% in this thread.

Sincerely,

Anna_Nimmitty
a/k/a Gaimcock

Tanner remains King of the Baseball Kingdom - Tanner keeps his records in place. Why hire a better coach?

2965724-8823311422-107416-full-throttle-randomly-feels-like-brakes-were-applied-not-sure-why-tropic-thunder-what-do-you-mean-jpg

Reactions: cockofdawn
Who the hell is CRT?!?! If you are going to pretend like you are in the know then PLEASE at least know the mans name...Donald Raymond Tanner, Jr!!!

I read an article today about where we stand at the midpoint of the SEC east race. In the article Holbrook was quoted as saying with the schedule we just hope to win more than we lose. SMDH.

This right here is what drives me up the wall about Holbrook. He does this again and again. Your team was preseason top 5, man. It's one of the premier programs in college baseball and you act like it's out of its depth. OTHER teams are supposed to cinch up when they see USC on their schedule. This isn't poormouthing or calling out your guys, it's wallowing in low expectations. Your lack of enthusiasm is infectious. You're Coach Eeyore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT