ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner has spoke

This right here is what drives me up the wall about Holbrook. He does this again and again. Your team was preseason top 5, man. It's one of the premier programs in college baseball and you act like it's out of its depth. OTHER teams are supposed to cinch up when they see USC on their schedule. This isn't poormouthing or calling out your guys, it's wallowing in low expectations. Your lack of enthusiasm is infectious. You're Coach Eeyore.

Holbroke is weak. His aura screams loser. Listen to him speak, watch him in the dugout, pay attention to what he says. He's the master of excuses. How many times has he blamed the fans?

I'm fed up with his crap.

exactly....it's what he didn't say that got my attention...he could have said Holbrook will lead our baseball program for the foreseeable future...He didn't say that...that was the obligatory vote of confidence all lame duck HBCs seem to get

I would assume RT will wait till the season plays out before making a judgement on it, one way or the other. Don't think I would want an AD that did it any differently, unless there were extenuating circumstances.

There was no one saying that, People on here (me for one) were criticizing Holbrook and how this team has performed, but yet some people call that as being a bandwagon, and hoping they lose... THAT IS TOTAL BS!!

Let's hope he goes 2-5 his last 7 and loses 3 series in a row. If that happens, he will be gone.
Oh yeah,.........(and he is still here...) Nevermind.

5 IrmoRed, Sunday at 11:48 AM

Coach Ray Tanner lost the benefit of the doubt during the football transition. And that was with a 6 month head start.
Please explain "6 month head start."

For the life of me I've never figured out what people expected Tanner to do while the season was still ongoing. Herman wasn't going anywhere. Smart played us while he lusted after the Georgia job. Do you think Muschamp was a bad hire? I was actually quite impressed with the hire. And I still am.

2965724-8823311422-107416-full-throttle-randomly-feels-like-brakes-were-applied-not-sure-why-tropic-thunder-what-do-you-mean-jpg

Let's hope he goes 2-5 his last 7 and loses 3 series in a row. If that happens, he will be gone.

Ray Tanners expertise is in the dougout and on the field.

Holbrook may be his guy, but he's not the right guy.

Tanner is a magician as a coach, and not so good as a high level administrator. Good guy, great coach, questionable AD.

Well, congrats you found one. Glad to have kept you up all night searching for that one. But you did say "people" which indicates more than one. The proper term for you to use was "person."

Reactions: cockofdawn
It might be just me, but I barely think of baseball as a team sport. I pull for every individual batter to get a hit, every pitcher to get a strikeout or induced hit and every player position to go error free. At the end of the day, the score is the score. We win or we don't. I am a player fan. To me, that's baseball. But what I want is the players to have the tools, the knowledge and the reps/preparation to be successful... each and every one of them. And I want coaches who feel responsible for a player's production and/or lack of it. If there's a hint of any of those things not being done, I am not a happy camper. I'll leave that at that.

Reactions: rogue cock
Double play, hit and run, run and hit, backing up a base, hitting cutoff men. Plenty of teamwork in baseball - if a team is going to win.
I get that. I didn't say it wasn't a team sport. Everyone likes to see great team play. That kind of stuff falls under preparation and coaching decisions. Two categories we've had some issues with btw. My point was I find myself pulling more for the individual players than that of the team as a group. Always have. I am a critic of Holbrook at times. Wins and loses have nothing to do with it. Individual player success does. But this weekend I will be pulling for every player to get a hit, go error free and pitch lights out.

Well, congrats you found one. Glad to have kept you up all night searching for that one. But you did say "people" which indicates more than one. The proper term for you to use was "person."
He proved you wrong. Just admit it and quit trying to spin. You wanted him banned if he was lying so now I'll ask you, should IrmoRed be banned for actually saying it?

He proved you wrong. Just admit it and quit trying to spin. You wanted him banned if he was lying so now I'll ask you, should IrmoRed be banned for actually saying it?
Can you read? Or comprehend? I gave him kudo's for finding ONE. Do you know the difference between "people" and "person"? "People" was his word, not mine. No spin necessary. I'd have reamed his but in a courtroom on that one alone.

Words are important, be very careful how you use them. They will be parsed.

We'll see how it plays out. I think it was during the Vandy series where Tanner had to answer questions about this during the game on TV. Said Holbrook has been dealt a tough hand because of injury. That may be but I would guess he's getting tired of answering these questions.

Can you read? Or comprehend? I gave him kudo's for finding ONE. Do you know the difference between "people" and "person"? "People" was his word, not mine. No spin necessary. I'd have reamed his but in a courtroom on that one alone.

I can read and saw where you said you didnt see ANYONE say that. He showed you and want to play semantics. Your case is dismissed and I find you in contempt of court.

Reactions: winloseortie
I can read and saw where you said you didnt see ANYONE say that. He showed you and want to play semantics. Your case is dismissed and I find you in contempt of court.
LOL. Good luck with that. And I didn't see anyone...neither did many others. He should have said he saw a person or a poster say that...but, alas, he did not. As I said, words are important. He conveyed that there were more than one person hoping we would lose and that was not true.

You must be the kind of person that is never satisfied or happy.

you call me out....I debunk your BS, and you want to cry.. I gave you one instead of several..i got news for you I don't need your confirmation to know what I saw

You must be the kind of person that is never satisfied or happy.

you call me out....I debunk your BS, and you want to cry.. I gave you one instead of several..i got news for you I don't need your confirmation to know what I saw
Good, because you sure as hell don't have it. No "crying"....geesh, talk about hyperbole...just pointing out your BS. You gave me one because that's all you could find...period.

Good, because you sure as hell don't have it. No "crying"....geesh, talk about hyperbole...just pointing out your BS. You gave me one because that's all you could find...period.

quit digging the hole you might fall into it.

I give you one of several while you call me out because you didn't believe there was even one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT