ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner has spoke

quit digging the hole you might fall into it.

I give you one of several while you call me out because you didn't believe there was even one
You're right. I said I didn't see it along with several others who were on the board this weekend. I congratulated you for finding one.....and then posting it under EVERYbody that questioned it. I would still be surprised if there were more than one and everyone but you missed it.

Reactions: cockofdawn
You must be the kind of person that is never satisfied or happy.

you call me out....I debunk your BS, and you want to cry.. I gave you one instead of several..i got news for you I don't need your confirmation to know what I saw
He wanted you banned because those were some serious allegations. So you showed him and then I asked if the poster who said it should be banned? Crickets......

quit digging the hole you might fall into it.

I give you one of several while you call me out because you didn't believe there was even one
i said, i cant speak for rogue, but he seems to agree, that we never saw anyone post that. Obviously someone did post it, unless you made it up. So leave it be.. I didnt see it , so i was right, maybe Rogue, didnt see it either, so You were both right.. GO COCKS!!

Please explain "6 month head start."

For the life of me I've never figured out what people expected Tanner to do while the season was still ongoing. Herman wasn't going anywhere. Smart played us while he lusted after the Georgia job. Do you think Muschamp was a bad hire? I was actually quite impressed with the hire. And I still am.

Spurrier quit in the middle of the season last year. That's the head start.

I'm ok with the Muschamp hire. I'm not ok with giving Rich Rod a courtesy interview just so he can embarrass our university. And I've heard the "I begged him to coach one more year" excuse followed with losing to Clemson by over 45 points twice now in 2 decades.

You're right. I said I didn't see it along with several others who were on the board this weekend. I congratulated you for finding one.....and then posting it under EVERYbody that questioned it. I would still be surprised if there were more than one and everyone but you missed it.

Looks like 3 or 4 found it hard to believe there was even one, you even wanted me banned for posting such ...they missed the one I reposted. ..miss one, easy to miss another.

that's right, everybody who called me out..

Reactions: rogue cock
i said, i cant speak for rogue, but he seems to agree, that we never saw anyone post that. Obviously someone did post it, unless you made it up. So leave it be.. I didnt see it , so i was right, maybe Rogue, didnt see it either, so You were both right.. GO COCKS!!

I gotcha, so your theory ..is if you didn't see anything, It didn't happen.. great logic

Reactions: USC-1
I wake up this morning to see 4 people calling me out about something I said, even to the point of saying I should be banned if it wasn't true, you darn right I'm going make a point

I gotcha, so your theory ..is if you didn't see anything, It didn't happen.. great logic
No. The rationale is that it is first, hard to imagine fans pulling against there team (regardless what they think of the coach) and second and more difficult to understand, then admitting it on a public forum. That is rare.

I can only remember once where that really happened to any great extent...and that was at TOSU under Cooper. He couldn't beat Michigan and couldn't win bowl games, but would win 10 game a year, which made it difficult to fire him. Listening to the Columbus sports stations during that time...fans were actively hoping that TOSU lost just so that the AD would fire Cooper. Not a good scene.

No. The rationale is that it is first, hard to imagine fans pulling against there team (regardless what they think of the coach) and second and more difficult to understand, then admitting it on a public forum. That is rare.

I can only remember once where that really happened to any great extent...and that was at TOSU under Cooper. He couldn't beat Michigan and couldn't win bowl games, but would win 10 game a year, which made it difficult to fire him. Listening to the Columbus sports stations during that time...fans were actively hoping that TOSU lost just so that the AD would fire Cooper. Not a good scene.

I'm a positive fan for the most part, I'm sure guilty of that. I was always a Martin fan when posters were calling for his firing.
Those posters are silent now.
Holbrook will be ok.. fanatic is short for fan, and like most schools the small minority make a lot of noise..Holbrook is not going to be fired at the end of this season, no matter what happens from here on out.
If he wants to be , he'll be the coach next year

I'm a positive fan for the most part, I'm sure guilty of that. I was always a Martin fan when posters were calling for his firing.
Those posters are silent now.
Holbrook will be ok.. fanatic is short for fan, and like most schools the small minority make a lot of noise..Holbrook is not going to be fired at the end of this season, no matter what happens from here on out.
If he wants to be , he'll be the coach next year
You may be right. But that will be hard to justify if we don't make the playoffs with this team.

This team is loaded and was expected by many, if not all, to make a run in Omaha. We are getting closer to the possibility of not making the tourney at all especially with the schedule that lies ahead. I can't imagine Holbrook returning if that actually happened.

I'm ok with the Muschamp hire. I'm not ok with giving Rich Rod a courtesy interview just so he can embarrass our university. And I've heard the "I begged him to coach one more year" excuse followed with losing to Clemson by over 45 points twice now in 2 decades.
It was more like a 6 week head start. He quit in the middle of October. The regular season ended at the end of November.

You may be right. But that will be hard to justify if we don't make the playoffs with this team.

This team is loaded and was expected by many, if not all, to make a run in Omaha. We are getting closer to the possibility of not making the tourney at all especially with the schedule that lies ahead. I can't imagine Holbrook returning if that actually happened.

That is Tanner's man and he will be given a long rope...now he misses the tourney this year and follows it up with the same season next year, then it would be time to move on.

My guess if he misses the tourney this year, there will be staff changes

Last edited:
You were not right you were uninformed big difference

That is Tanner's man and he will be given a long rope...now he misses the tourney this year and follows it up with the same season next year, then it would be time to move on.

I'm not going to say that you are right or wrong about what will happen if we miss the tournament. I'm saying that I would be really bothered If Ray tells Chad to make changes.
If Ray mandates staff changes for Holbrook, he should first ask himself why he is having to do this. He would be doing it because he is not satisfied with Holbrooks job performance.
I am not a fan of taking half-measures. If Ray thinks we need change in the program He should change everything, not just a few assistants.
Now, if Ray were to just tell Chad "I'm watching you closer than ever in 2018", and Chad himself makes staff changes, that is a different matter.

Reactions: Vincent Hanna

I'm not going to say that you are right or wrong about what will happen if we miss the tournament. I'm saying that I would be really bothered If Ray tells Chad to make changes.
If Ray mandates staff changes for Holbrook, he should first ask himself why he is having to do this. He would be doing it because he is not satisfied with Holbrooks job performance.
I am not a fan of taking half-measures. If Ray thinks we need change in the program He should change everything, not just a few assistants.
Now, if Ray were to just tell Chad "I'm watching you closer than ever in 2018", and Chad himself makes staff changes, that is a different matter.

Ray Tanners expertise is in the dougout and on the field.

Holbrook may be his guy, but he's not the right guy.

Tanner is a magician as a coach, and not so good as a high level administrator. Good guy, great coach, questionable AD.

Really? "not so good as a...administrator.....questionable AD." The man leads an AD that is currently 14th in the country which takes into account every athletic program at USC...through the winter season. Tanner's job is to make sure ALL sports are competative and students are doing their job in the classroom. I think he is doing a damn good job at that.

democrats use it all the time... (lol) And i said I NEVER SAW IT.. I gave you credit and apologized for not seeing it, unless you forged it, another democratic move.. I missed it..

I believe you.. and by the way, thanks for the apology

You: "I didnt see it , so i was right,"

Me: I gotcha, so your theory ..is if you didn't see anything, It didn't happen..

So, in other words Tanner is happy with the direction of the program. I mean seems pretty clear cut to me. Of all people you'd think would care about the baseball program.

I have not seen you in while. You vanished during basketball season. What you think about Frank Martin now ? Just checking. You still want him fired ?

I have not seen you in while. You vanished during basketball season. What you think about Frank Martin now ? Just checking. You still want him fired ?
i was on the fence about Martin going into this year, i said give him this year, if he didnt make the dance, well he showed me.. i am so glad, now, that he is the Basketball coach at USC..

I believe you.. and by the way, thanks for the apology

You: "I didnt see it , so i was right,"

Me: I gotcha, so your theory ..is if you didn't see anything, It didn't happen..

you responded to my post, and me being the nice, courteous, thoughtful and caring guy that I am, I thought I should return your response...since you were the same nice guy, I'll move on since I wasn't banned from this site for lying,,
.......and I know you weren't the one calling for my banishment

you responded to my post, and me being the nice, courteous, thoughtful and caring guy that I am, I thought I should return your response...since you were the same nice guy, I'll move on since I wasn't banned from this site for lying,,
.......and I know you weren't the one calling for my banishment
good, even the posters you think arent gamecock fans are, and want the best, some expect more from this team... some dont. so i know you are a True fan, I am as well.. I do not want the baseball team to lose another game... Go COCKS!!

If the baseball team falls short of expectations this year, Ray Tanner isn't firing Chad Holbrook, so you people calling for his firing are wasting your time complaining
no their not, they enjoy complaining....some people are just happier complaining

good, even the posters you think arent gamecock fans are, and want the best, some expect more from this team... some dont. so i know you are a True fan, I am as well.. I do not want the baseball team to lose another game... Go COCKS!!

Its a long season..5 more conference series

Before Tanner won his first college W.S. there were fans on this site questioning his coaching ability...I promise

Its a long season..5 more conference series

Before Tanner won his first college W.S. there were fans on this site questioning his coaching ability...I promise
Long season for sure, and this team is behind the proverbial 8 ball, they have now found themselves needing to win pretty much the rest of the series to get a Regional... It doesnt look good for that right now, but lets hope they get on a Streak and get back up into the top ten somehow!!

Long season for sure, and this team is behind the proverbial 8 ball, they have now found themselves needing to win pretty much the rest of the series to get a Regional... It doesnt look good for that right now, but lets hope they get on a Streak and get back up into the top ten somehow!!

I think they make the regional..today one baseball service has them at 2 in the Winston Salem region

At a minimum this should happen if we miss the tourney. Someone needs to be held accountable. We have to face the same in our daily lives, coaches no different.

I don't understand this logic. Meyer and Esposito were on staff when we won a national championship. Ergo I deduce that either (1) Ray Tanner was the greatest baseball coach EVER to win with such lackluster assistant coaches (including Holbrook), or (2) our program was ill-prepared to gamble on an unproven head coach in Holbrook after Tanner's phenomenal last 3 years, and laying our downfall at the current assistants feet is merely a red herring. We didn't need Chad to "build" anything in 2013 when he started. Why the hell would we dismantle now, in season 5, and ask him to rebuild? Just cut your losses.

And for the record, I'm not sure what, if anything, Esposito brings to the table. But it's funny to think about the glory years 2010-2012 and all the credit Tanner (deservedly) receives without mention of the others. Yet things go south 5 years later? OMG time to restock the paid and volunteer assistant coaches! They're clearly not capable of performing their same limited functions as before.

Reactions: Jon Snow

Spurrier quitting mid-season allowed Tanner to began making back-channel contacts w/o the word spreading that he was undermining his current, HOF coach. The REAL contact & negotiations wouldn't began formally until the end of the season when active coaches weren't trying to prepare for a game each week. Everyone looking to make a move was on equal footing, timeline-wise. The Rich Rod thing. I don't see the big deal. I don't believe an offer was tendered to him. As far as Tanner begging or even asking Spurrier to return. The staff insiders here (& on TOS, if you follow it) say that Jerri & Junior are the ones who talked SOS into returning. Not Tanner (or Pastides). I believe the insiders on this one.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I would not be surprised to see us in Clemson's regional-if we make the tourney.

You're right-Chad will be back. I think if we miss tourney though it puts Ray in an awkward position with only a couple years left on Chads contract. The only change would be assistants this off season.

Only changes needed to this staff is the hiring of a real hitting coach. Someone who can make a difference in our offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT