ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner should fire Elliott as interim coach and the entire staff too

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Unacceptable. This team would get into an early hole against Dorman High. This staff led by Elliott is a complete embarrassment to this program. Really all coaches should be fired today-not after next weeks game. I dont care if that means no one is left to coach the team. We should forfeit the Clemson game anyway.

Barry Alverez coached one game (Rose Bowl) while being AD when Belima left so why can't Tanner fire the staff and just stand on the sidelines for the Clemson game?

Bamburg Earhardt lost last night. Get their staff to replace ours.

I really question if some of you live in the same world as I do or if some of you just like to yell, "Fire Everybody!" as you chug your Bud Ice.

Good example of why you don't let emotional and impatient people run your athletic department.

Reactions: PC31
They're not good, but suggesting to fire them now is stupid.
How's it stupid? Do you really think it makes a difference if we even have coaches on the field for Clemson? I predicted 5-7 this year and got blasted on here. I used evidence in that prediction but most didn't want to hear the truth. Spurrier has done us ZERO favors and is counting his cash. He owes Ellis Johnson a big thanks for building this program during it's good years.

How is it stupid? Let them finish up by giving up 80 points to Clemson? And im completely sober thank you.

Austin we may be emotional, but not impatient. Like Cubs fans, we have been waiting for more than 100 god@&$" years. What else do you want?

How's it stupid? Do you really think it makes a difference if we even have coaches on the field for Clemson? I predicted 5-7 this year and got blasted on here. I used evidence in that prediction but most didn't want to hear the truth. Spurrier has done us ZERO favors and is counting his cash. He owes Ellis Johnson a big thanks for building this program during it's good years.

Will it make a difference in the game? Doubt it. But fire them all and you will feel better for about 5 minutes.

But it would take years to repair the damage within the coaching fraternity. There are just some things you don't do.

It may suck, but you have to ride this out to the end. And you let the new coach decide if any of the current coaches stay. That's just the way it's done.

Will it make a difference in the game? Doubt it. But fire them all and you will feel better for about 5 minutes.

But it would take years to repair the damage within the coaching fraternity. There are just some things you don't do.

It may suck, but you have to ride this out to the end. And you let the new coach decide if any of the current coaches stay. That's just the way it's done.
Sorry bra, I don't do emotions one bit. I never liked Elliot or the majority of the staff. I just watched El Cid push us around on both sides of the ball. Do they out recruit us too? Sorry but these guys cannot develop talent and it shows.

Reactions: PC31
Let's just be thankful Tanner talked Spurrier into staying last year, so he could ruin another recruiting class. They really don't have any insight do they. Paul Finebaum caught grief as well when he said the exact things basically.

Normally I'd agree. But we just lost to the Citadel. We can't do much worse without coaches.

And you know people are truly blowing off a little steam after an inexplicable loss.
That's my point and it is tongue and cheek. No we don't fire now but Tanner better fire after we leave the field. To think Elliot was even considered for this job is concerning. Why?

Id still rather see anyone coaching than the current staff. They are completely worthless. You think im the only one that feels this way?Why do you think there's a petition created by fans wanting to call the plays?

Exactly, could we do that much worse? I hate seeing them on our sideline.

Sorry bra, I don't do emotions one bit. I never liked Elliot or the majority of the staff. I just watched El Cid push us around on both sides of the ball. Do they out recruit us too? Sorry but these guys cannot develop talent and it shows.

I agree with you. This is a problem that should have been addressed a long time ago. But it wasn't.

And I completely agree that I would like to punish some of these coaches, especially the ones where it is obvious that they aren't even trying. I am not a big fan of SE and never have been. But I wish he had been given more authority over the games he coached.

I think he would have shown me something if he had brought in Ellis Johnson as a defensive consultant for the remainder of the year. He could have had EJ actually doing more, while JH/LW could have been quietly demoted without changing titles or money. Arkansas did the same thing with Danny Ford.

Although the problem seems to be more the offense lately.

My only point is that we all want to show these coaches how bad they have treated us with the lack of effort in recruiting, developing players, etc.

But we don't really have a choice now. This just has to play out for one more game.

And FWIW, Coach Tanners comments about Elliott were just coach speak. Elliott will get polite pro forma consideration. Because that's the way it's done. But he certainly won't get the job. And there's no serious thought on either one's mind that it will be any different.

I agree with you. This is a problem that should have been addressed a long time ago. But it wasn't.

And I completely agree that I would like to punish some of these coaches, especially the ones where it is obvious that they aren't even trying. I am not a big fan of SE and never have been. But I wish he had been given more authority over the games he coached.

I think he would have shown me something if he had brought in Ellis Johnson as a defensive consultant for the remainder of the year. He could have had EJ actually doing more, while JH/LW could have been quietly demoted without changing titles or money. Arkansas did the same thing with Danny Ford.

Although the problem seems to be more the offense lately.

My only point is that we all want to show these coaches how bad they have treated us with the lack of effort in recruiting, developing players, etc.

But we don't really have a choice now. This just has to play out for one more game.

And FWIW, Coach Tanners comments about Elliott were just coach speak. Elliott will get polite pro forma consideration. Because that's the way it's done. But he certainly won't get the job. And there's no serious thought on either one's mind that it will be any different.
I think we all know no coaches are being fired-at least this week. I can still state how I feel though. I guarantee I'm not the only Carolina fan that feels this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT