ADVERTISEMENT

Taternet suddenly decides baseball matters again.

Carolina Bo

Sep 4, 2010
Does that mean our 2 National Championships mean something again? All I've heard from those hypocrite morons is that baseball means nothing and our twin NCs are worthless, yet Taternet looks like they just won the Superbowl.

Orange retards.

Originally posted by Carolina Bo:
Does that mean our 2 National Championships mean something again? All I've heard from those hypocrite morons is that baseball means nothing and our twin NCs are worthless, yet Taternet looks like they just won the Superbowl.

Orange retards.
Yep, they're giving themselves whiplash over this issue the past 4 days....baseball matters, oh crap no it doesn't, oh but wait a minute, yes it does. All you can do is laugh at those pathetic clowns.

We've been the same in the last 4 days. The sky was falling Friday. Saturday, we were basking in a win and saying we own them and there is no way they will beat us in Carolina Stadium. Now, it's fire Holbrook and we are garbage. Ridiculous.

This was HUGE for their program.

It's a huge honor for them to win a series from us. That's a compliment to us.

Originally posted by FORKCOCK:
Leggett: "Tonight was the culmination of a lot of hard work."

Posted from Rivals Mobile

We all thought we would win every series from now on. Pretty realistic, oh wait... We need some big picture thinking around here.

Originally posted by cockynSC66:
We've been the same in the last 4 days. The sky was falling Friday. Saturday, we were basking in a win and saying we own them and there is no way they will beat us in Carolina Stadium. Now, it's fire Holbrook and we are garbage. Ridiculous.
That wasn't the topic. The topic is whether baseball matters or not. All fanbases have their subset of fans that want to fire a coach after a loss to a rival.

Originally posted by hdglidr:
Kinda like women's basketball?
Wrong also. What's happened with our women's basketball program is that it's fanbase and support has grown as it has become more success. Par for the course for any sports program at any school.

What you Taters have done for years is say baseball isn't important because we have been winning National Championship and routinely whipping that tater ass.

Big difference.

South Carolina and Clemson have always been big baseball schools. They only said baseball didn't matter when South Carolina went from being a good baseball school to an great baseball school. When we won our second national championship, I had a clemson friend say that the national championship in baseball was equal to an nit bid in basketball.

Wrong also. What's happened with our women's basketball program is that it's fanbase and support has grown as it has become more success. Par for the course for any sports program at any school.

Right, you started caring when the team got good. That was the guy's point.

Seriously, these are ball teams, with a bunch of teenage players. I don't get why so many people personally identify with these teams. You aren't on the team. The players don't care about you. The coaches don't care about you. The school doesn't care about you. I get pulling for a team, but I really don't get getting so emotionally wrapped up the teams like that. The whole point of a ballgame is to go have fun for a few hours. Getting that mad about it is just insane.

Originally posted by topdecktiger:

Right, you started caring when the team got good. That was the guy's point.

Seriously, these are ball teams, with a bunch of teenage players. I don't get why so many people personally identify with these teams. You aren't on the team. The players don't care about you. The coaches don't care about you. The school doesn't care about you. I get pulling for a team, but I really don't get getting so emotionally wrapped up the teams like that. The whole point of a ballgame is to go have fun for a few hours. Getting that mad about it is just insane.
No, not "right". That may be his point, but that is not THE point. When Clemson teams were good and Carolina teams were National Champions, all we heard from tatertown is that baseball wasn't a big deal and it doesn't matter. Suddenly, baseball is important to Clemtech again. Not supporting a sport your school isn't good in is very different than belittling the importance of a sport as big as baseball because your rival has won multiple national championships.

This post was edited on 3/3 6:38 PM by Carolina Bo

ADVERTISEMENT