ADVERTISEMENT

Taters are so high and mighty LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mUSCle Gamecock

Jan 28, 1999
I just saw where Dabo kicked some reserve player off the tater team. In the comments sections the taters were all proclaiming how Dabo doesn't take any crap and he'll land on some SEC team because we are the thug confrence. Now if it was Watson do you think he would really get kicked off the tater tech team? Taters are truly an amusing and simpleminded bunch.

Megatiger you might be right. Your defense may be just as depleted this year as ours was last year. So even a reserve player could be a big help.

Scholly fraud and you're gone. Idk what there is to talk about. Who knows what would happen if it was Watson but its not

listening to walt daptula talk is like eating a lemon....just never turns out good
690227.gif

He would have played multiple snaps in every game .

On another note:

Ogundeko was arrested Tuesday and charged with one count of financial transaction fraud.
Clemson police chief Jimmy Dixon told FOX Carolina that Ogundeko was "using his own credit card but somehow worked with another individual to change the magnetic strip on the back to a different number."

The guy was redshirted and was behind a two deep that was hard to get playing time in. We were already thin on SDE, so he was going to get a lot of playing time IMO. May not be a big time player but we thought he was primed and just hadn't had an opportunity yet, so it is a big loss. And to the "high and mighty" crowd. Not really sure what you mean. A good player with no history of issues is gone. Not for nothing, but he is gone. You can try to make him out to be expendable all you want but you are wrong. Sorry to disappoint, but there's not much you can say about Dabo in this situation.

The guy was redshirted and was behind a two deep that was hard to get playing time in. We were already thin on SDE, so he was going to get a lot of playing time IMO. May not be a big time player but we thought he was primed and just hadn't had an opportunity yet, so it is a big loss. And to the "high and mighty" crowd. Not really sure what you mean. A good player with no history of issues is gone. Not for nothing, but he is gone. You can try to make him out to be expendable all you want but you are wrong. Sorry to disappoint, but there's not much you can say about Dabo in this situation.

I tell you what; I will give Dabo the benefit of the doubt. Now if he deploys the same discipline for football players who beat their girlfriends with towel rods, then you know he has really changed.

I will tell you straight up, I think Dabo is the phoniest coach in all of college football. His “awe shucks” innocent spirit is a sham and that was proven when he gets out of speeding tickets and gets police officers fired for doing their job.

His canned and orchestrated rants play right into the hearts of the majority of the clem faithful. They think he is the greatest coach ever just because he is some pseudo-cheerleader.

I will give him credit for his recruiting efforts. His love letters to recruits and his ability to kiss their butt is paying dividends on the recruiting trail. He certainly knows how to play the recruiting game because he is a master manipulator.

So...you're saying that big 'ol rug is running out of room? Gotcha

But I don't buy it.

I tell you what; I will give Dabo the benefit of the doubt. Now if he deploys the same discipline for football players who beat their girlfriends with towel rods, then you know he has really changed.

I will tell you straight up, I think Dabo is the phoniest coach in all of college football. His “awe shucks” innocent spirit is a sham and that was proven when he gets out of speeding tickets and gets police officers fired for doing their job.

His canned and orchestrated rants play right into the hearts of the majority of the clem faithful. They think he is the greatest coach ever just because he is some pseudo-cheerleader.

I will give him credit for his recruiting efforts. His love letters to recruits and his ability to kiss their butt is paying dividends on the recruiting trail. He certainly knows how to play the recruiting game because he is a master manipulator.
So much wrong with this statement. Obviously can't take your garnet glasses off. If you're referring to McDaniel that was the Bowden era. If you're referring to Bellamy then he was dismissed. Honestly, there is no debate when it comes to this topic. The same way clemson fans complain about Garcia not being kicked off sooner for such minor issues. Although multiple, I don't know if those issues warranted a dismissal. But, it's hypocritical to bring up the same one to two issues during Dabos career. You're boiled down to nothing more than a hater. Dabo is here to stay and it will kill you int he long run.

So much wrong with this statement. Obviously can't take your garnet glasses off. If you're referring to McDaniel that was the Bowden era. If you're referring to Bellamy then he was dismissed. Honestly, there is no debate when it comes to this topic. The same way clemson fans complain about Garcia not being kicked off sooner for such minor issues. Although multiple, I don't know if those issues warranted a dismissal. But, it's hypocritical to bring up the same one to two issues during Dabos career. You're boiled down to nothing more than a hater. Dabo is here to stay and it will kill you int he long run.

Again I give him credit for telling recruits what they want to hear but he is no coach. (He out recruits USC and has won 1 of the past 6) I am glad he stays at Tater Tech, he is a joke.

Reactions: PC31
I wouldn't say he out recruited us in the past because of the results on the field.

There is concern today though since he was able to sign some of the top in state talent in the last cycle and leads for some in this cycle. Let the results on the field determine that though.

If our players are dedicated to the University and the program, we can still beat them with the team we have currently IMO.

We cannot be complacent like we were last season like Spurrier said we were.

Again I give him credit for telling recruits what they want to hear but he is no coach. (He out recruits USC and has won 1 of the past 6) I am glad he stays at Tater Tech, he is a joke.
I didn't think we were talking about recruiting or quality of coaching. But, since you brought it up. First off, you will not find a Clemson fan that will tell you that Swinney is a better coach than Spurrier. It's not even close. You might find some that say they prefer Swinney to Spurrier, but that is mainly due to recruiting and age, etc. But, there are other ways to be a good coach. I don't think anyone put Bobby Bowden in a group of great offensive minds like Spurrier either. But, he did surround himself with talented assistants. So you would find me in the group of Clemson fans that think Swinney is a great leader and possibly excellent evaluator of talent in coaches and assistants. If his two new OCs pan out then we will know for sure IMO. However, being a CEO type of head coach might not bring him the accolades from fans like you that put some much value on coaching IQ, but it doesn't dismiss him as a good coach and leader. Swinney wasn't trusted enough at first to be given the keys to the program. We suffered through several il equipped coordinators that held us back. Once the hand cuffs came off, he has put us in a position to succeed.

As far as recruiting goes, I believe you guys wiped the floor with us starting in 2006 and out recruited us for a good four to five years. That translated to the field although not immediately given an interim "joke" of a coach won the game handedly in 2008. But, that talent was prevalent for the five straight years after. We recruited well during those five years, but with the turnover at coordinators I don't think we were stable enough to pull out a win against two to three of your most talented teams in history. It takes time for a program to stabilize after turnover with the coordinator. Although, this last change is a little different given there is no change in philosophy. It also takes time for recruits to develop. Hence, the 3 year time frame for that first great class that came after your 2005 win that it took to fill the cupboards with depth and talent to go on your five year run.

And finally, speaking of time frames, it took five years for Spurrier to get SC to where it was. The 2009 season was the beginning of a special run for you guys. You had just lost to that joke of a coach the year prior. But, despite five years of mediocrity under Spurrier, he found a way to win. Five years. It took a hall of fame coach five years to get the program to be nationally respected. Five years for a hall of fame coach in the SEC with all its spoils, money, and talent draw to win consistently. I won't even mention the significant drop in level of play by teams in the east. But, yet it still took five years. The point, which is probably what you are asking for right now, is last year was the end of Swinney's sixth season. We are winning consistently and have some great wins over that stretch and he finally got over that hurdle of beating the gamecocks last year. We are in a position to have another great season. All from a former real estate salesman and WR coach. Clemson was a dumpster fire when he took over from a recruiting and stability standpoint. My point is, that given the enormous odds he faced as an inferior X's and O's guy, a guy not in a position to demand the coordinators he wanted, and coaching in the woeful ACC, he has put our program in a great position for the future. All odds that the great Spurrier didn't have to face, as well as, the great UF and UT teams of old (sorry, I guess I did mention it) during the same amount of time. So, you guys keep on underestimating him. Keep thinking he's a joke.

P.S. I am well aware of the national championships and great teams both UT and UF had the first five years Spurrier started at SC. I am sure you know i am referring to the teams that they have put on the field since 2009, the beginning of your great run.

Last edited:
I didn't think we were talking about recruiting or quality of coaching. But, since you brought it up. First off, you will not find a Clemson fan that will tell you that Swinney is a better coach than Spurrier. It's not even close. You might find some that say they prefer Swinney to Spurrier, but that is mainly due to recruiting and age, etc. But, there are other ways to be a good coach. I don't think anyone put Bobby Bowden in a group of great offensive minds like Spurrier either. But, he did surround himself with talented assistants. So you would find me in the group of Clemson fans that think Swinney is a great leader and possibly excellent evaluator of talent in coaches and assistants. If his two new OCs pan out then we will know for sure IMO. However, being a CEO type of head coach might not bring him the accolades from fans like you that put some much value on coaching IQ, but it doesn't dismiss him as a good coach and leader. Swinney wasn't trusted enough at first to be given the keys to the program. We suffered through several il equipped coordinators that held us back. Once the hand cuffs came off, he has put us in a position to succeed.

As far as recruiting goes, I believe you guys wiped the floor with us starting in 2006 and out recruited us for a good four to five years. That translated to the field although not immediately given an interim "joke" of a coach won the game handedly in 2008. But, that talent was prevalent for the five straight years after. We recruited well during those five years, but with the turnover at coordinators I don't think we were stable enough to pull out a win against two to three of your most talented teams in history. It takes time for a program to stabilize after turnover with the coordinator. Although, this last change is a little different given there is no change in philosophy. It also takes time for recruits to develop. Hence, the 3 year time frame for that first great class that came after your 2005 win that it took to fill the cupboards with depth and talent to go on your five year run.

And finally, speaking of time frames, it took five years for Spurrier to get SC to where it was. The 2009 season was the beginning of a special run for you guys. You had just lost to that joke of a coach the year prior. But, despite five years of mediocrity under Spurrier, he found a way to win. Five years. It took a hall of fame coach five years to get the program to be nationally respected. Five years for a hall of fame coach in the SEC with all its spoils, money, and talent draw to win consistently. I won't even mention the significant drop in level of play by teams in the east. But, yet it still took five years. The point, which is probably what you are asking for right now, is last year was the end of Swinney's sixth season. We are winning consistently and have some great wins over that stretch and he finally got over that hurdle of beating the gamecocks last year. We are in a position to have another great season. All from a former real estate salesman and WR coach. Clemson was a dumpster fire when he took over from a recruiting and stability standpoint. My point is, that given the enormous odds he faced as an inferior X's and O's guy, a guy not in a position to demand the coordinators he wanted, and coaching in the woeful ACC, he has put our program in a great position for the future. All odds that the great Spurrier didn't have to face, as well as, the great UF and UT teams of old (sorry, I guess I did mention it) during the same amount of time. So, you guys keep on underestimating him. Keep thinking he's a joke.

P.S. I am well aware of the national championships and great teams both UT and UF had the first five years Spurrier started at SC. I am sure you know i am referring to the teams that they have put on the field since 2009, the beginning of your great run.

In - before you get called an incestuous goat-effer, and somebody calls Dabo a snake-oil salesman.

First of all, I am flattered that you created an account just to respond to my post. Consider yourself blessed, because there is not one clem board that would allow me or any other Gamecock to defend Spurrier in any way, shape, or form. (We would have been banned after post number 1)

Second, This is a Gamecock forum and few post will ever say anything positive about clem or Dabo. (Although, like I said, his recruiting has been impressive.)

Third, I will admit, I took it personally when Dabo went on his little planned rant about USC. I grew in Columbia and my dad grew up in the Olympia area. (You can see Williams-Brice Stadium from my grandmother's front porch.) When he said the things he did about the flagship university of this great state, it pissed me off, and I lost all respect I had for him as a coach in our great state.

First of all, I am flattered that you created an account just to respond to my post. Consider yourself blessed, because there is not one clem board that would allow me or any other Gamecock to defend Spurrier in any way, shape, or form. (We would have been banned after post number 1)

Second, This is a Gamecock forum and few post will ever say anything positive about clem or Dabo. (Although, like I said, his recruiting has been impressive.)

Third, I will admit, I took it personally when Dabo went on his little planned rant about USC. I grew in Columbia and my dad grew up in the Olympia area. (You can see Williams-Brice Stadium from my grandmother's front porch.) When he said the things he did about the flagship university of this great state, it pissed me off, and I lost all respect I had for him as a coach in our great state.
First of all, I have had this account for years. My Tiger Illustrated account allows me to post here. Didn't know that was not known

On your third point, fair enough. I for one as a Clemson fan didn't appreciate the "rant". Mainly because it was planned and mostly because we lost. So don't get me wrong, but the way I remember it happening was that a reporter mentioned the quote "we ain't Clemson" to Dabo and asked him to comment. He didn't. It was said by the reporter that Spurrier said it when in fact it was Todd Ellis. But, as far as Dabo knew, Spurrier said it. After several days of being asked the same question and for comment without clarification that it was Ellis that said it, Dabo responded. You hear him at the beginning of the rant say "well, I've given him(Spurrier) several days to respond and he hasn't denied it, so let me respond", or something like that. Not that it absolves him from what he said, although, it was mainly for Clemson fans (everyone does it, Spurrier won't even use the word Clemson. How disrespectful is that? But, we get it). Anyway, it wasn't until after his rat that Spurrier came out and denied saying it and Ellis came out and admitted it. So that made Swinney look like a fool. Have to say another master stroke by Spurrier, but let's not pretend it was intentionally provoked.

I wouldn't exactly call Clemson a dumpster fire when Dabo took over. Bowden had moderate success throughout his tenure although he always found ways to lose games he was supposed to win. He did have success against FSU though. The ACC on a whole was a tougher conference at that time as well. You want to talk about the SEC East dropping in competition but the ACC conference as a whole has been garbage throughout Dabo's tenure. Outside of FSU there has been nobody! Ga Tech had a couple of good seasons by ACC standards but they were getting blasted in bowl games. I give Dabo credit for being a great recruiter. He's a heck of a salesman. I'm sure he sold quite a few unnecessary insurance policies in his day.

I wouldn't exactly call Clemson a dumpster fire when Dabo took over. Bowden had moderate success throughout his tenure although he always found ways to lose games he was supposed to win. He did have success against FSU though. The ACC on a whole was a tougher conference at that time as well. You want to talk about the SEC East dropping in competition but the ACC conference as a whole has been garbage throughout Dabo's tenure. Outside of FSU there has been nobody! Ga Tech had a couple of good seasons by ACC standards but they were getting blasted in bowl games. I give Dabo credit for being a great recruiter. He's a heck of a salesman. I'm sure he sold quite a few unnecessary insurance policies in his day.
It was a dumpster fire from a recruiting standpoint. We lost 2 great recruits to you guys due to the Bowden departure and only signed 12 guys I think after that season most of which were low ranked guys. We have moved on from that but it took time to get past that obstacle and the obstacles Swinney had in his way from getting any help. Some due to money and administration support but also to what quality coach out there wanted to work under him. As far as all the "great salesman" remarks, not sure why that makes him a bad coach. But whatever, like I said, just keep on underestimating him.

First of all, I have had this account for years. My Tiger Illustrated account allows me to post here. Didn't know that was not known

On your third point, fair enough. I for one as a Clemson fan didn't appreciate the "rant". Mainly because it was planned and mostly because we lost. So don't get me wrong, but the way I remember it happening was that a reporter mentioned the quote "we ain't Clemson" to Dabo and asked him to comment. He didn't. It was said by the reporter that Spurrier said it when in fact it was Todd Ellis. But, as far as Dabo knew, Spurrier said it. After several days of being asked the same question and for comment without clarification that it was Ellis that said it, Dabo responded. You hear him at the beginning of the rant say "well, I've given him(Spurrier) several days to respond and he hasn't denied it, so let me respond", or something like that. Not that it absolves him from what he said, although, it was mainly for Clemson fans (everyone does it, Spurrier won't even use the word Clemson. How disrespectful is that? But, we get it). Anyway, it wasn't until after his rat that Spurrier came out and denied saying it and Ellis came out and admitted it. So that made Swinney look like a fool. Have to say another master stroke by Spurrier, but let's not pretend it was intentionally provoked.

I see now where joined in 2008 but you have posted less than 10 times, according to the stats in this thread. As a fan, I can underestimate any team or rival and it is no big deal. (It is part of hating your rival) However, as a coach to underestimate any team or coach is beyond ridiculous. (Ask USC and clem in regards to smaller instate teams and our baseball season this year)

I will say this clemsonu96, for the most part you have handled my jabs with grace and understand I hold nothing personally against you or really any other clem fan that is not obnoxious. Dabo, however, just seems so disingenuous that he makes my skin crawl.

It was a dumpster fire from a recruiting standpoint. We lost 2 great recruits to you guys due to the Bowden departure and only signed 12 guys I think after that season most of which were low ranked guys. We have moved on from that but it took time to get past that obstacle and the obstacles Swinney had in his way from getting any help. Some due to money and administration support but also to what quality coach out there wanted to work under him. As far as all the "great salesman" remarks, not sure why that makes him a bad coach. But whatever, like I said, just keep on underestimating him.
There are plenty of coaches that could accomplish more than what Dabo has @ Clemson with less talent. Clemson is a big fish in a pond full of too many minnows to feed on so the wins are built into the schedule.

The stadium @ Clemson is 2x the size and sells 3x to 4x the tickets of most of your ACC competition. Doing what Dabo has done @ Clemson is not impressive @ all and one of the sports top coaches would have already made the BCS Title game or Final 4.

There are plenty of coaches that could accomplish more than what Dabo has @ Clemson with less talent. Clemson is a big fish in a pond full of too many minnows to feed on so the wins are built into the schedule.

The stadium @ Clemson is 2x the size and sells 3x to 4x the tickets of most of your ACC competition. Doing what Dabo has done @ Clemson is not impressive @ all and one of the sports top coaches would have already made the BCS Title game or Final 4.

I would agree with this had Clemson been losing to those teams with lesser talent but they havent. They have been losing to teams with equal or more talent. Considering the only teams Clemson has lost to the last few years (FSU, SC, UGA and GT). GT is the only one that stands out in that group as a lesser talented team but there were other factors that caused the collapse in that game. We haven't lost to an unranked team since NCSt in 2010.

Also I dont doubt there are coaches out there that could win with what we have but there are many that would lose with that same talent.

Some of these posts are just sad. First of all, I can attest that on this site, no alternative viewpoint is welcomed. The hilarity on these boreds is pretty worth the effort to keep coming back though

I would agree with this had Clemson been losing to those teams with lesser talent but they havent. They have been losing to teams with equal or more talent. Considering the only teams Clemson has lost to the last few years (FSU, SC, UGA and GT). GT is the only one that stands out in that group as a lesser talented team but there were other factors that caused the collapse in that game. We haven't lost to an unranked team since NCSt in 2010.

Also I dont doubt there are coaches out there that could win with what we have but there are many that would lose with that same talent.

FSU beat you without Jameis Winston last year and your defense was ranked #1. The QB that beat you was so bad, they are taking Golson this week. Plus Clemson has not looked too great and just escaped losses against many of those unranked teams.

Schedule an unranked team around several top 10 teams and the streak Tim Bourret mentions excessively would end. Also, some of the ranked opponents Clemson lost to were over rated and should not have been ranked.

Perhaps you should watch the game between Clemson and FSU and see what happened for yourself.

I (as an obvious Clemson supporter) DID watch some SC games. The Tennessee one for instance. Also, the Kentucky game, the A&M game, the Missouri game. Clemson went toe-to-toe with a team that went to the playoffs. Carolina lost to teams that Clemson would have beat without DW.

Let's not forget the Carolina/Clemson bout this year. That one was a blast. It was like peering into a crystal ball and seeing the next two seasons' last games.

Perhaps you should watch the game between Clemson and FSU and see what happened for yourself.

I (as an obvious Clemson supporter) DID watch some SC games. The Tennessee one for instance. Also, the Kentucky game, the A&M game, the Missouri game. Clemson went toe-to-toe with a team that went to the playoffs. Carolina lost to teams that Clemson would have beat without DW.

Let's not forget the Carolina/Clemson bout this year. That one was a blast. It was like peering into a crystal ball and seeing the next two seasons' last games.

I watched it. The QB being dumped for Golson, that is 1-0 against Dabo completed a long pass to win the game.

Also, during our 5 game winning streak over you, we had key starters like Marcus Lattimore and Connor Shaw out for the game and were underdogs to Clemson and still won handily.

I watched it. The QB being dumped for Golson, that is 1-0 against Dabo completed a long pass to win the game.

Also, during our 5 game winning streak over you, we had key starters like Marcus Lattimore and Connor Shaw out for the game and were underdogs to Clemson and still won handily.

You will also recognize then that without Clowney on his team, Spurrier hasn't finished with less than 5 losses.

Not quite there Magellan. Your D is gone so believe what you want to. We will see. I know if/when we win you will be gone. It's funny that you were not on here during our 5 year win streak. That is unless you had a different account which is very possible.

:) It is possible. FGF doesn't seem to like me very much. I do believe they think i am one of those, what you call 'em, trolls?

I never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT