ADVERTISEMENT

Taters are so high and mighty LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see :)

That's a good point. I do believe that our coach (4th year ever being a head coach) has won every bowl game since then including a BCS bowl. How many of those does your historic football program have? Also, during that stretch, we became the first OOC team to ever beat two top 10 SEC teams in a row (LSU and Georgia). What accomplishments do you have since 2011? I could answer that, but I will see what you come up with.

I think I speak for everyone in the football world that #9 to 7-6 is a much worse version of the coined "Clemsoning" term than We ever pulled. That includes 3 games with 4th quarter 2 touchdown leads. In fact, that Orange Bowl loss you mentioned was the last time my head coach has been favored and lost. Should I tell you how many times you have done that since then? In lieu of this evidence, I vote the term "Clemsoning" be replaced with "Being USCjr".

I like it.
Hey...Shane ...don't you have any neck friends to talk to !

7233, you are either mental or just a stupid idiot. Either way, get a life, dude!! Nobody cares what you think. Go post lies on taternet!

Morgan, being a supporter of an ACC school makes it understandable why you barn dwellers pride yourselves so much on beating LSU in the Chick Filla and squeaking by UGA at home . Those games were played several years ago and you are still bragging about them because to you, it's such a big thing, you do not get the chance to play teams of this caliber very often. We don't brag about being elite when we beat UGA , we play them every year winning four of the last six. We play LSU again this year as part of our regular schedule. Have you ever been to Baton Rouge on a Saturday nite for football, hell no 'cause you belong to the ACC. You rave about beating OSU when they were still a work in progress because you do not play teams like this in your ACC. No, we don't get hyper after beating Nebraska, Michigan or Wisconsin in bowl games cause we play better teams in our conference schedule every year. Your mindset like most Tater fans is to hype everything you do in hopes of being counted among the elite one day but I doubt if you ever do.

If you are beating the SEC drum, then mentioning defeating them becomes a necessity no? If the SEC is YOUR measure of success then mentioning that we beat UNC or OSU is pretty pointless in the conversation isn't it? So don't mistake bragging with correcting misinformed opinions...you're fooling yourself.

The reason I mentioned those bowl wins is because many debates with gamecock fans end with the accomplishments of each program. Many USC fans brag about those particular bowl wins as indicators of their rising program's success. Now Clemson's bowl wins have been brought in to discussion and labeled as meaningless because of the neutral site and opposing teams supposedly uninterested in being there. Can you not say the same of USC? Then I guess we can say neither program has accomplished anything meaningful in recent history, unless of course you have a double standard.

My focus is not the opinions of others and whether they consider us elite. That discussion should (and will) be settled on the field.

If you are beating the SEC drum, then mentioning defeating them becomes a necessity no? If the SEC is YOUR measure of success then mentioning that we beat UNC or OSU is pretty pointless in the conversation isn't it? So don't mistake bragging with correcting misinformed opinions...you're fooling yourself.

The reason I mentioned those bowl wins is because many debates with gamecock fans end with the accomplishments of each program. Many USC fans brag about those particular bowl wins as indicators of their rising program's success. Now Clemson's bowl wins have been brought in to discussion and labeled as meaningless because of the neutral site and opposing teams supposedly uninterested in being there. Can you not say the same of USC? Then I guess we can say neither program has accomplished anything meaningful in recent history, unless of course you have a double standard.

My focus is not the opinions of others and whether they consider us elite. That discussion should (and will) be settled on the field.

What elite team do you play in 2105 to prove it?

I don't have the gift of foresight. I suppose we'll have to wait and see. Preseason polls and opinions mean next to nothing.
Yeah, wait & see. Yet you spend your time on your rival's message board with idiotic posts and think you're really doing something with your stupid pathetic attempts at comebacks. Moron. Like I said before, get a life...and some help.

Yeah, wait & see. Yet you spend your time on your rival's message board with idiotic posts and think you're really doing something with your stupid pathetic attempts at comebacks. Moron. Like I said before, get a life...and some help.

Taking a message board a bit too serious no? Clearly I have a serious problem. Typing on a rival's message board is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever done in my life. I'm in uncharted territory right now.

No but you idiots are trying to convince us how great the Taters are and how great Dumbo is etc. Why are all of you wasting Internet bandwidth with this crap on a Gamecock board? For most of you it probably fills some gaps in your life. Tater boards will be much more accommodating than we will be. I promise you.

Morgan, being a supporter of an ACC school makes it understandable why you barn dwellers pride yourselves so much on beating LSU in the Chick Filla and squeaking by UGA at home . Those games were played several years ago and you are still bragging about them because to you, it's such a big thing, you do not get the chance to play teams of this caliber very often. We don't brag about being elite when we beat UGA , we play them every year winning four of the last six. We play LSU again this year as part of our regular schedule. Have you ever been to Baton Rouge on a Saturday nite for football, hell no 'cause you belong to the ACC. You rave about beating OSU when they were still a work in progress because you do not play teams like this in your ACC. No, we don't get hyper after beating Nebraska, Michigan or Wisconsin in bowl games cause we play better teams in our conference schedule every year. Your mindset like most Tater fans is to hype everything you do in hopes of being counted among the elite one day but I doubt if you ever do.

So all you've done is beat Georgia?

You can add recruiting rankings to your list of means nothing IMO....

You're right, it does mean mostly nothing. There is always comfort in working with a handful of higher rated guys than assuming 2-3 star talent was somehow overlooked by the nation. But yes, they have to get on campus, keep their grades up, stay out of trouble, and buy into the program. Some of those highly ranked guys fail to accomplish one of those tasks and will subsequently waste their talent.

Reactions: tatertime
I have optimism...no different than any other fanbase. But I don't brag about our team or Dabo. I'm the type to let the results on the field do the talking. I think our team has the talent to do something special, but that doesn't mean we'll win it all. It's too easy for one or two injuries to throw a team off kilter, so until we arrive somewhere special, I tend to refrain from celebrating.

Also, one of your fans started the thread. The topic is about Clemson so it feels like there is some irony involved with a Tiger poster being a waste of bandwidth. I also don't expect anyone to be accommodating. I just find it amusing how each fanbase portrays the other...worlds apart but alike in so many ways lol.

As the Gamecock fan that started this thread I will share a few observations about this thread. First, I guess there is a philosophical difference. I go to a tiger board once every three months or so and I usually don't post, just lurk a little. If I do post I am cordial and respectful because I am in your house. I have not seen the same from most of the clem fans that have posted on this thread.

Yes, I started the thread calling clem fans "taters" and "simpleminded" but I honestly did not know so man clem fans came to this board. I thought this was an in house funny thread like a big brother picking on a little brother. The way so many clem fans took my little jab so personally has been quite a shock. I have been on FGF since 1999 and have posted over 5,800 times and this thread has drawn more actively than any thread I have ever posted before.

As the Gamecock fan that started this thread I will share a few observations about this thread. First, I guess there is a philosophical difference. I go to a tiger board once every three months or so and I usually don't post, just lurk a little. If I do post I am cordial and respectful because I am in your house. I have not seen the same from most of the clem fans that have posted on this thread.

Yes, I started the thread calling clem fans "taters" and "simpleminded" but I honestly did not know so man clem fans came to this board. I thought this was an in house funny thread like a big brother picking on a little brother. The way so many clem fans took my little jab so personally has been quite a shock. I have been on FGF since 1999 and have posted over 5,800 times and this thread has drawn more actively than any thread I have ever posted before.

I hadn't posted in awhile but felt a need to throw some bombs back at some of the Clemson fans for the things being posted by them. The self portrait they paint of themselves is not the timeless classic or modern masterpiece they project. I find it very entertaining to project a relevant image of Clemson with actual and complete facts to support it.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
Taking a message board a bit too serious no? Clearly I have a serious problem. Typing on a rival's message board is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever done in my life. I'm in uncharted territory right now.
responding to every post with sunshine clemsux and anti-carolina. you think it's cute, but you're a complete moron.

I hadn't posted in awhile but felt a need to throw some bombs back at some of the Clemson fans for the things being posted by them. The self portrait they paint of themselves is not the timeless classic or modern masterpiece they project. I find it very entertaining to project a relevant image of Clemson with actual and complete facts to support it.

I don't have a problem with a Gamecock poking a little fun at clemson. I will NEVER attack another Gamecock for enjoying the rivalry at the expense of our rival. (unlike conCOCKshun, who badmouths our team, coaches, Gamecock fans, and even the trees we plant at Williams-Brice)

Which brings to mind one more observation. I will never disguise myself as a tiger and go on their board and bad mouth their team.

I don't have a problem with a Gamecock poking a little fun at clemson. I will NEVER attack another Gamecock for enjoying the rivalry at the expense of our rival. (unlike conCOCKshun, who badmouths our team, coaches, Gamecock fans, and even the trees we plant at Williams-Brice)

Which brings to mind one more observation. I will never disguise myself as a tiger and go on their board and bad mouth their team.
But, you will hide behind a fake name on a sports web board. You're a great American.

Talking about irrelevance

South Carolina mocks the ACC yet they proudly display an ACC championship banner. They mock the Big12 and yet a Big12 relocator has more SEC east titles in 3 years than they have in over 20 years of "participation" in the SEC. Not to mention they have winning records over only 3 SEC teams. That list includes world beaters like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Miss St. But hey... this is South Carolina football......
Doesn't Clemshit have a losing record against Kensucky? You don't even have to open your mouth and expose your rotten teeth to answer. They do. In fact, Vandy is the only "world beater" in that list Clemskank has a winning record against. Damn son, go to the library and do some research before making a dumb post on here. I never thought my 5,000th post would be watching a tater John Holmes himself.

I'm not the one bragging about never disguising myself, tough guy.

No one uses their real names on these boards, everyone knows that. The point I am making is I am a Gamecock fan posting on a Gamecock board, your loyalties are continually questioned because all you do is badmouth the Gamecocks. Therefore, many people, including myself do not believe that you are a Gamecock fan, but instead a clem fan with a Gamecock name. I typed slow, I hope that helped.

Doesn't Clemshit have a losing record against Kensucky? You don't even have to open your mouth and expose your rotten teeth to answer. They do. In fact, Vandy is the only "world beater" in that list Clemskank has a winning record against. Damn son, go to the library and do some research before making a dumb post on here. I never thought my 5,000th post would be watching a tater John Holmes himself.

Here's a little research for you to digest.

South Carolina is (99-160-5) against other SEC football teams

Average score: South Carolina 18.5 - SEC 23.9

In bowl games: South Carolina is (0-1) against SEC
Average score: South Carolina 13.0 - SEC 30.0

Per decade
W L T Win %
2010's 26 15 0 63.4
2000's 37 43 0 46.3
1990's 18 45 1 28.9
1980's 4 11 0 26.7
1970's 7 12 1 37.5
1960's 1 19 2 9.1
1950's 3 0 0 100.0
1940's 0 8 1 5.6
1930's 3 7 0 30.0

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sc/sec.shtml

THE University of South Carolina > THE University of Clemson. And that is the bottom line. heeheehee

Per decade
W L T Win %

2010's 26 15 0 63.4
2000's 37 43 0 46.3
1990's 18 45 1 28.9
1980's 4 11 0 26.7
1970's 7 12 1 37.5
1960's 1 19 2 9.1
1950's 3 0 0 100.0
1940's 0 8 1 5.6
1930's 3 7 0 30.0

So, what you're saying is USC is getting better and better? You never did answer. Were you aware or did you just assume the mighty taters would never have a losing record against Kensucky?

The blind will always be blind no matter how many times you try to get them to see. Take that Kitty crap back to kitty land and spew it on them. Obviously you are blind 96 and will never be anything but blind.

Per decade
W L T Win %

2010's 26 15 0 63.4
2000's 37 43 0 46.3
1990's 18 45 1 28.9
1980's 4 11 0 26.7
1970's 7 12 1 37.5
1960's 1 19 2 9.1
1950's 3 0 0 100.0
1940's 0 8 1 5.6
1930's 3 7 0 30.0

So what....Clemson has lost 92 games to Georgia and Georgia Tech and owns less than a .350 winning % against them.

So what....Clemson has lost 92 games to Georgia and Georgia Tech and owns less than a .350 winning % against them.

So what......South Carolina has played Georgia a total of 67 times losing 47 and tying 2. They have also played Georgia Tech 21 times losing 12 and owns less than a 31% winning percentage

So what......South Carolina has played Georgia a total of 67 times losing 47 and tying 2. They have also played Georgia Tech 21 times losing 12 and owns less than a 31% winning percentage
Raaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, sweetie! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
tucky.jpg

Per decade
W L T Win %

2010's 26 15 0 63.4
2000's 37 43 0 46.3
1990's 18 45 1 28.9
1980's 4 11 0 26.7
1970's 7 12 1 37.5
1960's 1 19 2 9.1
1950's 3 0 0 100.0
1940's 0 8 1 5.6
1930's 3 7 0 30.0

Carolina is supposed to awful, though, right? clemsux likes to give the impression that they are great....some powerhouse football program. They're average at best and always find a way to pull a clempsun. Get ready for more 5 in a row from carolina. It's not the 1800's anymore (sorry clemsux history lovers). #keepclemsoning.

No one uses their real names on these boards, everyone knows that. The point I am making is I am a Gamecock fan posting on a Gamecock board, your loyalties are continually questioned because all you do is badmouth the Gamecocks. Therefore, many people, including myself do not believe that you are a Gamecock fan, but instead a clem fan with a Gamecock name. I typed slow, I hope that helped.
I speak the truth, and at times I offer my opinion that isn't a glowing affirmation of our greatness. If you think that's "badmouthing" that's your problem. Get over yourself.

Clemson has never won a game against South Florida.

Skip Holtz kicked Dabo's ass in a bowl game and shut the door....

Clemson has a losing record against every major football program in the state of Georgia and Florida. That includes SEC, ACC, and Conf USA teams. How is a Clemson fan qualified to criticize any teams football program? Is it because of that 1981 season that should be vacated?

I think Clemson fans know that the days of going 8-2 or 7-3 in a decade over USC are over.

Why would they think that? Who's our next coach?

Because before the SEC Network we were outspending them by $22 Million / year, our stipend will pay a college athlete $6,000 more during their career, and now we have the most capital we have ever owned to expense in our athletic programs and be the most prominent football program in SC, NC, Virginia, West Virginia, and possibly Tennessee....

Because before the SEC Network we were outspending them by $22 Million / year, our stipend will pay a college athlete $6,000 more during their career, and now we have the most capital we have ever owned to expense in our athletic programs and be the most prominent football program in SC, NC, Virginia, West Virginia, and possibly Tennessee....
Why are they out recruiting us? Nobody ever answers that question.

You can talk about february. I will talk about november ,they're not going to win in Columbia .
What happened last November? We're SEC. We have SOS. We have more money. We have Gamecock Park. We have more students. We're in a bigger city with more to do. They have Dabo.

Did I miss anything? Why'd we lose?

What happened last November? We're SEC. We have SOS. We have more money. We have Gamecock Park. We have have more students. We're in a bigger city with more to do. They have Dabo.

Did I miss anything? Why'd we lose?
. Its not about beating them every year til the end of time. Like I said in the earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT