ADVERTISEMENT

Taters having a meltdown

I think you should google the word "meltdown" and find out what it means before using it...

That said, Joyner looks to be a quality signing and has that confidence you want in your quarterback.

Reactions: torsten
Seems like there is a lot of talking on our side...........

he said "...as a starting QB"
I for one have serious doubts that he will ever play a snap at QB, much less be a starter. If he continues his insistence on playing QB, that means he won't see the field in his first 2 years. That's enough time for Boom to recruit a few more quality QBs to compete for that spot.
The kid has offers from all the top schools in the country... all to play positions other than QB. He is a talented athlete and needs to be on the field. Not holding a clip board.

I for one have serious doubts that he will ever play a snap at QB, much less be a starter. If he continues his insistence on playing QB, that means he won't see the field in his first 2 years. That's enough time for Boom to recruit a few more quality QBs to compete for that spot.
The kid has offers from all the top schools in the country... all to play positions other than QB. He is a talented athlete and needs to be on the field. Not holding a clip board.

Like 100000x

Redshirt, sit one, start 3. If he's good enough to win the job, he can be our starting QB for 3 years. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Joyner promised never to lose to them. Let's hope he can back it up!! Love the attitude.

I'm fine with his claim to never lose, but why say you'll make the taters pay for not offering him as a QB? Tuck the Faters! YOU are a GAMECOCK now DJ. Forget about them cheaters in the upstate! You'd had to have sold your soul to go there.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Redshirt, sit one, start 3. If he's good enough to win the job, he can be our starting QB for 3 years. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

That means he won't see the field for 2 years. So far, he's the best athlete in the entire recruiting class. But he won't play for 2 years??? Boom won't be around to see it happen if that's what he does.

Not sure if we have enough depth to redshirt. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

I'm fine with his claim to never lose, but why say you'll make the taters pay for not offering him as a QB? Tuck the Faters! YOU are a GAMECOCK now DJ. Forget about them cheaters in the upstate! You'd had to have sold your soul to go there.
Actually they offered him. And he could still decide to go there. They would take him in a heart beat. But they weren't going to lie and tell him he'd play QB. They have 6 ahead of him. Five of which are 4 and 5 star recruits at QB.

That means he won't see the field for 2 years. So far, he's the best athlete in the entire recruiting class. But he won't play for 2 years??? Boom won't be around to see it happen if that's what he does.
Mike Vick was one of the best athletes in football history. He took a redshirt, and it worked out pretty well for him. Instantly throwing a guy into the hardest position to play isn't always the best move and can ruin a kid's confidence.
Personally I think it's better to be patient and trust the process, rather than look for the quick fix, especially since we're not a contender for the conference title this year.

Reactions: BigTomE
Why are the Taters making fun of Joyner? Connor Shaw never lost to them and Swinney was saying Clemson was elite and the best team on the planet.
I just saw his quote on the front page I didn't read the comments but there are a bunch of them. Might be a good read later if I have time.

Not a shabby QB either.

But then he would play for three! What's wrong with that? I imagine Boom will still be around too.

Reactions: wentzel25
If he is the (end all ,be allx) people make him out to be,he prbly wont be here for all 4 yrs anyway,besides him starting next year is not up to him alone,but Bentley as well.If Bobby has a big year,and he very well could,i dont see him losing the starting to a great athelete that has no college starts

This kid threw for 3,600 yards and 44 TD's last year and ran for another 1,000 + yards. Are there a bunch of high school QB's that are better ? He will play QB at Carolina and win a bunch of games.

Reactions: BigTomE
Sucks, but if you read between the lines- clearly what this means is he would have preferred to go there but they didn't give him the offer he wanted and he is butt hurt about it.

Which side is "our side"

Our side....always was....a bit lonely.

If he is the (end all ,be allx) people make him out to be,he prbly wont be here for all 4 yrs anyway,besides him starting next year is not up to him alone,but Bentley as well.If Bobby has a big year,and he very well could,i dont see him losing the starting to a great athelete that has no college starts

So we're sending a 50-something year old QB out there, huh?

I wish he would not have even referenced the upstate team when alluding to the fact they did not offer him at QB. Just be confident in your abilities and go win on the field. Ready for talking season to be over. Strap it up and hit somebody. Play angry this year. Played like you have been disrespected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT