ADVERTISEMENT

Taters' RB staying...

Might be a great decision for him on a personal level. Its a dumb football decision.
I agree.... When the NFL sees there's a pattern.... Look at the 4 teams they played that had a pulse, the dude rushed for less than 80 in them all .... It's not a coincidence, he just isn't a great RB when they play decent teams....
UNC,Texas A&M, SC,OSU, and LSU all those games less than 100yds rushing, and some less than 50..... Dudes not that great, if he was he'd shred those teams too... And these games he played all 4 quarters,so don't give me that crap he played a half only....

I was totally wrong on this one.. He had a day 1 early day 2 grade as a RB and that's almost as good as it gets... He stands a lot more to lose than gain.. He must love him some Clemson cause he ain't thinking about his pocket book.

I agree.... When the NFL sees there's a pattern.... Look at the 4 teams they played that had a pulse, the dude rushed for less than 80 in them all .... It's not a coincidence, he just isn't a great RB when they play decent teams....
UNC,Texas A&M, SC,OSU, and LSU all those games less than 100yds rushing, and some less than 50..... Dudes not that great, if he was he'd shred those teams too... And these games he played all 4 quarters,so don't give me that crap he played a half only....
It's like Harris running wild against CSU. Some on here thought he was he 2nd coming of Lattimore. I think he's gonna be good for us, but you don't find that out against (greatly) inferior teams. Any average back can put up big numbers when there's a huge talent gap on the lines. When the talent is equal, that's when you can identify the great ones.

I was totally wrong on this one.. He had a day 1 early day 2 grade as a RB and that's almost as good as it gets... He stands a lot more to lose than gain.. He must love him some Clemson cause he ain't thinking about his pocket book.
I have to disagree. I don't think there's a big difference between the Clemson salary scale and the NFL.

Last edited:
To be fair to him he only rushed 14 times against UNC an avg. 5yards a carry. LSU he avg over 5yards a carry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cu98
How bad would it be if he tore his ACL and hurt his draft stock for next year?

If he's a day one or early day two draft pick, he should be pushed to leave. I would say that even if he played for the Gamecocks.

It may work out for him, but that's a huge gamble. Marcus should be his advisor.

I wonder what Dabo is saying to him.

Last edited:
He qouted scripture in his statement about the folly of gaining wealth at the expense of more important things. He knows what he is doing by not going now. That's good to know, and kind of refreshing to hear.

Yeah ... it’s always interesting when people with $500 million in their bank accounts convince 20 year olds that money isn’t important.

Read the post , they were saying Travis Etienee had 14 carries against UNC... Feaster had 12 with more yds in that game ...
You responded to my post. Maybe you should reread my post because yours makes no sense to me.

Why, he had like 50 yds on us .... He's terrible against good teams .... Check stats,they don't lie ...
Dude honestly I hope you're a troll, because otherwise you sound like a total moron.

Etienne is a great back and would be the best player on our entire 2020 team by a wide margin. He'd be the best player on most programs in the country. I get hating Clemson, but the way some of our idiotic fans try to downplay every aspect of their program is pathetic.

Most of my Clemson friends hated losing to us but tipped their caps to players like Alshon and Connor. It's ok to not act like a moron sometimes.

Obviously that is bad but his status might get worse even with a good year just because he’ll be a senior. For a RB, it’s almost impossible for him to improve a lot in the eyes of NFL teams.

I generally agree, but he just started catching balls out of the backfield this year. He did ok, but he can certainly improve. He is likely not an every down back in the NFL, so improving his pass catching could boost his draft stock.....or maybe Clemson will run him 25 carries a game and let him try to prove he can be an every down back. I dont know, but as a guy that was overlooked for all the awards this year, he might actually have a chance to grab the spotlight and improve his draft stock.

Reactions: agantt
Surprising. Many had him as the 2nd or 3rd back picked if he came out. Swift seems to be the guy going first. Then it was him or the back from Wisconsin. The one knock on him was that he wasn't a good blocker which is really important in the NFL. Clemson seems to just reload...but they are losing 4 offensive lineman. If they didn't play such a week schedule that would be a really big deal. Not sure it will be, but time will tell.

The issue here is a lack of committing to the run by Tony Elliott. It's mind bottling why Tony doesn't feed him heavy and often against top teams.

Reactions: ecrumpton
ETN was going to be a 2nd day pick. He just couldn't afford a pay cut. Call if what it is. If you don't think the top tier players for Klempsux don't get paid....look around and smell the cash. Those $100 bills may even have some Christian love on them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT