ADVERTISEMENT

Taters vs Bama rematch in title game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely their success will make us better. At least it should.

should be another great one but low scoring affair. Intriguing game. Both teams pack a great defense. I could see the final score being 13-10 or 9-6 either way, but both defenses will have success. Kiffin vs Venables part 2 is what interests me.

If Saban beats them this year he should go down as top 2 greatest college football coaches of all time. He will have won 5 national titles & gone 5-0 in title games.

You have to give Dabo credit.... Going 0-5 against us, the Clemson fans were crying, but Dabo never gave up... He kept plugging away with recruiting and getting the right coaches in place...
He also won two BCS Bowl games during that stretch. Other than his pride, losing to us didn't hurt them AT ALL. That is the toughest pill to swallow of them all IMO. We won five straight and they came out ahead. Period.

The window of opportunity is only open for so long in the CFB world... Dabo needs to beat Bama next week or they may never get back to the NC game. Watson is a one of a kind player that doesn't come along every year.

Reactions: scott in nashville
if u hire the right people
Getting to the top isn't magic. It's all about getting the right people together. Dabo might not be a Belichick, but he has succeeded by getting the right people together - coaches and players. If we ever scale the pinnacle, that's how we'll do it.

should be another great one but low scoring affair. Intriguing game. Both teams pack a great defense. I could see the final score being 13-10 or 9-6 either way, but both defenses will have success. Kiffin vs Venables part 2 is what interests me.
Bamas D is the best I've seen in a long time, maybe ever, but I don't see them holding the Taters under 20.

The window of opportunity is only open for so long in the CFB world... Dabo needs to beat Bama next week or they may never get back to the NC game. Watson is a one of a kind player that doesn't come along every year.
I remember when a lot of people said Watson was injury-prone,etc., but he's turned out pretty dang good. Killer thing is they keep getting more and more, ala next 2 top QBs in the nation, sprinkled in with a few 4*s. They won't all turn out, but the odds are pretty good they'll stay good. They may drop down a little after Watson, but I expect them to stay very good. I hope Muschamp will insist with our administrtion like Dabo di dwith theirs.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
Daybo recruited his arse off and it is now paying off. Coach Boom is doing the same and hopefully we will get same type results in a few years. Go cocks!

Getting to the top isn't magic. It's all about getting the right people together. Dabo might not be a Belichick, but he has succeeded by getting the right people together - coaches and players. If we ever scale the pinnacle, that's how we'll do it.
It's not magic, but there is also no foolproof plan that pays off for all teams if the staff works hard and recruits. Everything fell into our lap in '10 and I think that is the only way it will happen with us again. Obviously, Dumbo did not have a traditional search for a coaching staff. He cut his salary, got the green light to do things his way and the AD allowed it. I'm not sure another program would allow that and I'm not sure another unknown coach could pull that off.

Reactions: broncosrb26
You have to give Dabo credit.... Going 0-5 against us, the Clemson fans were crying, but Dabo never gave up... He kept plugging away with recruiting and getting the right coaches in place...
More to the point, UPC leadership allowed him the time and money to do all that. But it was easier to sell their fanbase on keeping Dabo because they were at the top of their conference, even while thy were losing to us and giving up 70 to WVA. He wasn't really fireable, which has turned out to be a lucky thing for both him and UPC.

It's not magic, but there is also no foolproof plan that pays off for all teams if the staff works hard and recruits. Everything fell into our lap in '10 and I think that is the only way it will happen with us again. Obviously, Dumbo did not have a traditional search for a coaching staff. He cut his salary, got the green light to do things his way and the AD allowed it. I'm not sure another program could pull that off.
My take on that in post #14.

It's not magic, but there is also no foolproof plan that pays off for all teams if the staff works hard and recruits. Everything fell into our lap in '10 and I think that is the only way it will happen with us again. Obviously, Dumbo did not have a traditional search for a coaching staff. He cut his salary, got the green light to do things his way and the AD allowed it. I'm not sure another program would allow that and I'm not sure another unknown coach could pull that off.
Yeah, that's prett much it. Dumbo was making like the same salary as his OC and dc. Worked out, damn sure bet Muschamp ain't gonna do that.

Clemsux recruited well but not that well. When a walk on like renfrow becomes a human dartboard you know things are going well.

Bamas D is the best I've seen in a long time, maybe ever, but I don't see them holding the Taters under 20.
This game will be on the back of my mind until they inevitably play it out in the rematch. We're about to find out how good that Bama defense really is. I hope it's as good as advertised, & with them having 11 defensive TD's this season I'm hoping they stall the tater offense, I just wonder if Bama will score enough on offense.

Washington was a good offensive team & Bama had the speed on defense to keep up. Let's hope that's the case in this game as well.

It's not just recruiting that has them where they are. Ohio State recruits lights out too and they got beat by 31 tonight. I don't know how to fully explain it to y'all. Let's just put it like this, take the Thornwell suspension, if DRad had tried to pull some crap like that up there he'd be washing trays at the local Arby's that afternoon. Their athletic director doesn't run jack crap up there, he's just a water carrier. The president doesn't even have a say in anything, he stays behind the curtain and keeps his mouth shut. They don't have a BOT that are in it for themselves, they're in it for Clemson. There really are powers that be at that school that pull the strings that will tell the president and athletic director to go to hell if they decide to. And they'll like it.

He also won two BCS Bowl games during that stretch. Other than his pride, losing to us didn't hurt them AT ALL. That is the toughest pill to swallow of them all IMO. We won five straight and they came out ahead. Period.
They came out ahead, because we played in the SEC. I think that we all realize that playing in the SEC is a double edged sword. It's the hardest conference to win, even when it's down. Sure, if you can compete favorably in the SEC, it will help build your reputation. But you have to go through Bama, LSU or Auburn to win it. Not an easy task.

They came out ahead, because we played in the SEC. I think that we all realize that playing in the SEC is a double edged sword. It's the hardest conference to win, even when it's down. Sure, if you can compete favorably in the SEC, it will help build your reputation. But you have to go through Bama, LSU or Auburn to win it. Not an easy task.

It's hard for everybody but Bama. The SEC sure doesn't hold them back since 2009. It literally takes a miracle like the Kick 6 for them not to win the conference.

I fear Clemson will win this. Their defense is incredible and Watson can will them to victory.

Clemson does the same thing and no one is smart enough to stop those short outside passes. 75% of the time Watson throws are no more than 2 yards letting the receiver run for the rest. They also flush out Renfro on the flat with no one covering him. Let's hope Saban is smart enough the second time to not let Watson burn them.

Daybo recruited his arse off and it is now paying off. Coach Boom is doing the same and hopefully we will get same type results in a few years. Go cocks!

Doing the same?? Wow. Not even in the same light year.

Clemson does the same thing and no one is smart enough to stop those short outside passes. 75% of the time Watson throws are no more than 2 yards letting the receiver run for the rest. They also flush out Renfro on the flat with no one covering him. Let's hope Saban is smart enough the second time to not let Watson burn them.

Um no. 25% of his attempts have been behind the LOS, 24% have been in the 0-5 yard range and 51% have been 6 yards or longer. Also 28 of his 37 passing TDs(before tonight) have been 6 yards or longer.

if u hire the right people

It's rumored Chip Kelly is taking a year off after he gets fired on Monday morning (his father just passed earlier in December). Would be the home run hire we need, and I doubt the guy will ever get a job in the NFL again. I say lock him down, give him the money he wants and the power, and let him solidify his legacy in football by making South Carolina into a true contender.

Reactions: SCsandlapper
It's rumored Chip Kelly is taking a year off after he gets fired on Monday morning (his father just passed earlier in December). Would be the home run hire we need, and I doubt the guy will ever get a job in the NFL again. I say lock him down, give him the money he wants and the power, and let him solidify his legacy in football by making South Carolina into a true contender.

We are not serious about winning. Someone will hire him but I promise it won't be a school with an AD with training wheels.

Reactions: DetroitCock
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT