ADVERTISEMENT

Taters vs Bama rematch in title game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because i'm a SC has no

Yea, and every betting line had Okla. to cover against Clemson last year..had Ohio St to cover last week.... and Alabama to cover against Clemson last year.... so far betting line 0 for 3
No doubt here. I was only expressing an observation that betting lines are driven by bets, and the betting public disagreed with the SI pickers.

I thought Alabama early...but know liking the points and Clemson, even think now, Clemson wins straight up

Clemson QB recruit Hunter Johnson just drove East All Stars to TD in just 2-3 plays. (Army All America Game) Clemson could be back in playoffs next year with this kid enrolling next week at Clemson.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Clemson QB recruit Hunter Johnson just drove East All Stars to TD in just 2-3 plays. (Army All America Game) Clemson could be back in playoffs next year with this kid enrolling next week at Clemson.

You're thinking a true FR will match the productivity of a 2 time Heisman finalist? One of, if not the greatest QB'S in Clemson's history struggled to beat out Cole Stoudt his FR season. Clemson's offense will undoubtedly take a step back next season.

Last edited:
Bama players are saying during practice this past week,that the offense ran a lot smoother and well balanced with sarc. i know he only had 1 week,but they are more confident in him than they were with kiffen

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
You're thinking a true FR will match the productivity of a 2 time Heisman finalist? One of, if not the, greatest QB'S in Clemson's history struggled to beat out Cole Stoudt his FR season. Clemson's offense will undoubtedly take a step back next season.
no arguement about the offense stepping back. However the defense should improve so where does that put their standing.

Watson is also the qb that has 30 picks in 31 games. he is very good,but he is also a product of being the qb of clemsons 2 best teams they ever had

Reactions: BigTomE
You're thinking a true FR will match the productivity of a 2 time Heisman finalist? One of, if not the, greatest QB'S in Clemson's history struggled to beat out Cole Stoudt his FR season. Clemson's offense will undoubtedly take a step back next season.
Bama has a true freshmen this year and fsu won it with a freshman. As much as I hate it that system they run is qb friendly and the skill players they will have plus the oline is better now and the D isn't losing much. I'm going to stop now the more I type the sicker I get

no arguement about the offense stepping back. However the defense should improve so where does that put their standing.

The DL is ridiculously good, no doubt. But I think their secondary is, and will continue to be vulnerable. The DL gets so much pressure that it makes it tough to attack the secondary, but Pitt was able to do so by moving the pocket aND throwing screen and shovel passes. Teams will definitely have to get creative to negate Clemson's pass rush next season. Louisville and FSU both have mobile QB'S, so either of them may be able to have success negating Clemson's aggressive DL.

Last edited:
Bama has a true freshmen this year and fsu won it with a freshman. As much as I hate it that system they run is qb friendly and the skill players they will have plus the oline is better now and the D isn't losing much. I'm going to stop now the more I type the sicker I get

I partially agree, but an offense based largely on RPO plays requires experience to master. It starts with the right calls at the LOS, then making the right reads after the ball is snapped, which is something even Watson has struggled with this season. I don't believe it's a plug and play offense that will be easy for a true FR to succeed. The RPO based offense isn't new anymore, so DC's are becoming more knowledgeable in how to defend. It requires every defender to play disciplined, assignment football, but it's not as impossible to defend as it once was.

I partially agree, but an offense based largely on RPO plays requires experience to master. It starts with the right calls at the LOS, then making the right reads after the ball is snapped, which is something even Watson has struggled with this season. I don't believe it's a plug and play offense that will be easy for a true FR to succeed. The RPO based offense isn't new anymore, so DC's are becoming more knowledgeable in how to defend. It requires every defender to play disciplined, assignment football, but it's not as impossible to defend as it once was.
Hope you are right but even bobble head Boyd put up big numbers in that offense.

Winston was a RS freshman who went on to win the Heisman because he is the best passer in CFB in the past decade. Hurts is in the bottom 50th percentile of CFB passers this year. Like...he is not a good passer. At all. At least this year. Huge difference comparing those two entities.

The biggest issue Alabama has is they're starting a freshman QB against a really good Clemson defense. Clemson on the other hand has a veteran QB with some really good weapons at his disposal. This game will be really close. Clemson has a lot of talent but Alabama still has more. Hopefully that will keep Bama out in front. If Watson doesn't turn the ball over it could get really hairy for Bama.
Agree

Winston was a RS freshman who went on to win the Heisman because he is the best passer in CFB in the past decade. Hurts is in the bottom 50th percentile of CFB passers this year. Like...he is not a good passer. At all. At least this year. Huge difference comparing those two entities.
Yes, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the Bama has arguably the best defense they've ever had, and Bama is better off playing to their strengths. Just because Hurts isn't unbelievable, it doesn't mean Bama is screwed.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
No one is unbeatable.
You're right and Bama needs to bring their "A" game for sure! Clemson - everyone, team & fans - are totally sure they're winning. No question about it but it's not just a cocky thing where you take someone for granted & get upset (like Bama could) - it's all about revenge & losing the Heisman. BIG chip on the shoulders attitude which Bama needs to be prepared for IMO!

Dabo will still tell them they're being disrespected and they'll buy into it.

OSU is not good. I wanted them to win because it's Clem, but did anyone honestly think they would? If we were legit Top 10 does anyone believe even this Clemsin team would beat us by 31? No. And probably no one else in the Top 10 this year would lose that badly either. Pitt, NCS, and Troy are all stronger it seems, and they actually had to play them at home. It's a safe bet CU beats the Bucks at home in a night game by 49

Championships are won with great defenses. Bama has a great one. They need to plant 2 good licks on Watson and that will be game.

I agree about hitting Watson, but he is deceptively elusive and fast; not like Lamar Jackson though. He is a smooth operator, and effectively avoids taking the big hit. He doesn't look like he is as fast as he is running. Having said that, If Watson gets injured ala Colt McCoy (Texas), I don't see a path to victory for Clemson. Maybe it will take a late hit to knock him out. I don't think Bama would stoop this low, but Clemson sure will. Can you say Boulware?

I think AL's fate also rests in the hands and feet of Hurt. CU has a huge advantage at QB. If Clemson can get Hurt rattled, AL's offense will have to produce points solely on the ground which won't be easy if they can't throw enough to keep the Clemson D honest.

The AL DL is better than Clemson's OL, Clemson DL is better than AL OL (slightly), but AL has more depth. Even so, I'm not sure they can wear down Clemson's D enough.

The bottom line is this. Whichever team plays their game to their strengths the best will win. Bama's best chance is to keep the ball and run the clock.... and hope for another score from their D or special teams. It really could come down to who has the ball last.

Based on your post sounds like both sides have a "slobbering love fest" going on

Let's just say the Bama media is more reserved and apparently confident in their assessment of the Tide. They don't use many rah-rah terms like 'all-in' and 'we have arrived'. They rarely refer to the Tigers by name. They simply expect to do what they have done so often in games like the one coming up Monday night: win.

Bama by more points than Clemson gets.

Reactions: BigTomE
Let's just say the Bama media is more reserved and apparently confident in their assessment of the Tide. They don't use many rah-rah terms like 'all-in' and 'we have arrived'. They rarely refer to the Tigers by name. They simply expect to do what they have done so often in games like the one coming up Monday night: win.

Bama by more points than Clemson gets.

I agree. It's all business all the time Saban vs. oh golly gee shucks cheeseball Datboy. I'll take Saban all day, every day.

Yes, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the Bama has arguably the best defense they've ever had, and Bama is better off playing to their strengths. Just because Hurts isn't unbelievable, it doesn't mean Bama is screwed.
I'm not saying Bama is screwed. Far from it. But OSU had a VERY stout defense (they're still ranked 6th in the country, AFTER Clemson got done with them), but you see the effect an inept offense has on even great defenses. They can't hold up forever. What's the functional difference between Jalen Hurts and JT Barrett? They're both pretty mediocre downfield passers, and that's being generous. That makes those offenses mostly one-dimensional. Clemson loads the box like they did with OSU, and then what? A 3-and-out isn't that big of a deal, until you string 3 or 4 or 5 of them together, putting Bama's defense on the field for a LOT of clock.

See what I'm saying?

You have a very good point. Bama seems to think,from wat ive read,that they can move the ball by running between clemsons tackles.Clemmy has given up a few yards this year between the tackles,well just hafta see if Bama can actually do it

Bama's approach against Washington was damn near vanilla. After getting the lead, they just gave them a dose of power running plays.

Did not need Hurts to beat Washington. Saban, or any other coach can't publicly say what they really think, but Bama sure looked like they were WAY better than Washington, and played down to avoid injuries, etc.

Bama has a great TE, a great OL, and two WR's that are more than capable. Hell, the kid that ran for 180 yards in the Peach Bowl was their 3rd string RB.

Taters pull for acc. I have seen their tailgates and they were watching Florida/fla state. Uga/ tech, etc. they were always pulling for the acc school
I pull taters to lose every game on the last play after a penalty. That way they have to leave stadium with opposing fans talking chit while they feel like chit

We won't hear the end of it until we win at least 2....

It would ease the burn if Basketball ended up winning a NC in a year or two. We'd have all majors except for football.

It should be treated as any other natural disaster.We will never understand why such a thing is allowed to happen,such as tornadoes,hurricanes and such.Maybe theres a lesson to be learned,who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT