ADVERTISEMENT

Taters vs Bama rematch in title game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
As badly as we would all love to have that trophy in columbia,after watching how the taters act and behave if they were to aquire it, we will all be so thankful we are not one of them and none of them are in our gamecock family

what was the reason Vegas had Oklahoma last year and Ohio ST this year favored
Never could figure those - especially Ohio St. this year who didn't even belong in the playoffs! I think many in the sports world are wanting Alabama to lose (or simply for Clemson to win - don't know which way) and doing all they can to set it up for Clemson. May not be so, but I do strongly believe it!

Reactions: Scuba_do
ed241dcc8d6d5b252539c96682af2b14.gif

ABC - Anybody but Clemson. We don't recruit against Bama. We recruit locally in State and need all the advantages we can get,

We all get the highest spots for their parade down Main Street Columbia and then drop rotten tomatoes on Dabo LOL :D

Reactions: paulmtp
See Auburn for your example. They deal with this about every year now. And I'm praying they deal with it once more!

Reactions: bmhood1984
It will likely happen and you will never, ever hear the end of it from Clemson fans. Both have great defenses then you have wide-open offense with Deshawn vs. conservative offense with a freshman QB. Clemson had their down time and got lucky(N.C. State, Louisville, FSU could have all easily beaten them). They are on their A game now. If we were as committed to winning we could do it too(not the coaches and team - talking about BOT, Administration, etc.). After all, we beat them 5 times in a row. They decided they would do and spend whatever is necessary to get top recruits to visit Tigertown. We could do it too if we put everything into it like they did. Roll Tide - please.

#rtr but it's the decade of the outsider and we are all f***** and it's the ape lyfe and we'll have to deal with it and just smile and maybe next year we will win 8 games but f*** this is a sports nightmare at least we don't finger male asshole and fondle balls

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Think positively!! I have the Voodoo dolls lined up right now!

I'll certainly stay away from this board for a couple of weeks because I know we'll be flooded with new member taters that all of a sudden want to "talk football".

Reactions: atl-cock
We won't hear the end of it until we win at least 2....

It would ease the burn if Basketball ended up winning a NC in a year or two. We'd have all majors except for football.

not if we lose to them in basketball in the same season.

Last season was hard and this one ended hard likewise. It is hard enough that upstate is in the natty , but it will be much harder for me to take if they win it . We cant do anything to affect outcome of this one but we can start to get our own stuff together for the future so as to see that this doesnt happen again. Never again. If it is to be , it is up to me.

If you have been watching the days leading up to the game...it appears to be all Clemson all the time. Dabo talking a lot. Boulware talking a lot. Watson talking a lot. Haven't heard or seen much from Saban or Alabama players. Think there is a reason for that.

First...Kirby Smart pulled a Lane Kiffen last year when he was on the way out the door to Georgia and the Alabama defense was not prepared for Clemson as well as they should have been.

Second...although Alabama's front seven were pretty good last year...they secondary was not all that strong and Clemson took advantage of that.

Third...the Alabama defense is pissed off at all the talk about Clemson wanting to get back to this game...that Clemson didn't lose the game...they just ran out of time...all the talk about getting back to this game to get another shot at Alabama....blah...blah...blah. Alabama is letting Clemson do all the talking.

Fourth....the Alabama defense...the best college defense to come along in some time....Ruben Foster and company...are really looking forward to this game...but are not talking much.

Conclusion...Alabama stifles the Clemson offense and wins by 14 points. Mark it down.

I've never really understood the Clemson hate. I find them to be one of the most likable programs in the country. I think it's probably the fact that they approach the game with so much joy - from their fans to their head coach to the players, there's just a palpable sense that they really love the game. Their games always feel like giant celebrations - their entrance, the way the fans rush the field, the way their coach smiles and gushes about his team in interviews, the way Deshaun and some of the other guys celebrate after plays....it's obvious to outside observers that they genuinely love what they do and are having a lot of fun doing it. Contrast that with Alabama and how Saban always seems so dour, angry, and miserable. If I was a top recruit, I'd be lining up to play for Dabo rather than Saban. He's so much more positive and happy about his work.

And even though some of you may disagree with this, I also have to say I think Clemson has perhaps the most knowledgeable fan base in the country. I used to think Nebraska had the most knowledgeable fans I'd ever met, but then Clemson started playing a lot of championship/bowl games down here in Florida and I had a chance to interact with them more. I was amazed. It's not just that they know so much about the game of football, but, again, as I alluded to above, there's a genuine sense of joy about them. They truly love the game. 30+ years is too long for a fan base of their caliber to have to wait between national titles (and I realize the same could maybe be said about Georgia). The football gods owe them. That said, they don't seem to allow championships to dictate their emotions - you can just tell with Clemson people that they're going to be there supporting their team with the same spirit regardless.

So, I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but I hope they get it done tomorrow night. Gator Nation appreciates the way Clemson slaps around FSU and Miami, and we stand with the Tigers...sorry Bama.

I've never really understood the Clemson hate. I find them to be one of the most likable programs in the country. I think it's probably the fact that they approach the game with so much joy - from their fans to their head coach to the players, there's just a palpable sense that they really love the game. Their games always feel like giant celebrations - their entrance, the way the fans rush the field, the way their coach smiles and gushes about his team in interviews, the way Deshaun and some of the other guys celebrate after plays....it's obvious to outside observers that they genuinely love what they do and are having a lot of fun doing it. Contrast that with Alabama and how Saban always seems so dour, angry, and miserable. If I was a top recruit, I'd be lining up to play for Dabo rather than Saban. He's so much more positive and happy about his work.

And even though some of you may disagree with this, I also have to say I think Clemson has perhaps the most knowledgeable fan base in the country. I used to think Nebraska had the most knowledgeable fans I'd ever met, but then Clemson started playing a lot of championship/bowl games down here in Florida and I had a chance to interact with them more. I was amazed. It's not just that they know so much about the game of football, but, again, as I alluded to above, there's a genuine sense of joy about them. They truly love the game. 30+ years is too long for a fan base of their caliber to have to wait between national titles (and I realize the same could maybe be said about Georgia). The football gods owe them. That said, they don't seem to allow championships to dictate their emotions - you can just tell with Clemson people that they're going to be there supporting their team with the same spirit regardless.

So, I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but I hope they get it done tomorrow night. Gator Nation appreciates the way Clemson slaps around FSU and Miami, and we stand with the Tigers...sorry Bama.
Gators and Taters rhyme and it appears there's a reason for that. Y'all are in love with each other.
Obvious this gator has man crushes on Dabo...Watson...and Boulware.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Gators and Taters rhyme and it appears there's a reason for that. Y'all are in love with each other.
Obvious this gator has man crushes on Dabo...Watson...and Boulware.

I do think there's a natural affinity in the sense that, if Clemson is strong, it hurts FSU and Miami. We hope Clemson beats FSU and wins the ACC every year. From their perspective, they probably like the idea of us being strong and blocking your path in the SEC East.

Aside from the way they vanquish our in-state rivals, though, I think it also goes back to the level of joy they demonstrate in playing the game, to which I alluded to above. They're just one of those programs that represents everything great about college football and reminds you why you love it so much. Alabama, on the other hand, represents the darker sides of the game and sucks your soul right out of you. I would bet most of the nation will be pulling for the joyful, happy Tigers tomorrow night vs Bama's evil empire. Clemson just has a more positive image and actually looks like they're having fun. At Florida, we can appreciate that considering we were the team with the "Fun'n'Gun" in our heyday. It's not just about grinding out wins under a "process," some programs genuinely enjoy playing the game and want to have fun. Clemson gets that.

Reactions: griffgolf
See Auburn for your example. They deal with this about every year now. And I'm praying they deal with it once more!

At least Auburn has won one & played for another in recent years. Guess it's not much consolation, but more than we have!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT