ADVERTISEMENT

TCU OC to Clemson?

I think the hard part right now, and this goes for Clemson as well, is the success of the schools around. For South Carolina, having to compete right now with Georgia, Clemson, Tennessee all within a couple hours is tough. Transfer portal has helped that in some sense. I do think Beamer is the right kind of coach for South Carolina. Will be interesting to see how he continues to progress over the next 2-3 years. He set the bar high for himself the first couple years with overachievement.
Hard to disagree with that.

And Muschamp left Beamer more talent than Spurrier left Muschamp.
You could be right. I do not know. What I do know is that I would trust Steve Spurrier's talent evaluation of recruits long before I would trust Muschamp's. The records, history and achievements (and lack of) of both side-by-side supports that assessment. In addition to finishing in the Top 25, Beamer did something never done before here, even by the great Steve Spurrier: beat 2 Top 10 teams in one season. And Beamer exceeded win expectations by 3 wins each of his 2 seasons here. I doubt the same thing could be said about Muschamp. If you cannot win at Florida of all places, that does not speak well of your coaching abilities. Will Muschamp is a proven loser as Head Coach (but not as a contract negotiator). I would not be defending his Head Coaching abilities. But, that's me.

Reactions: cocks rule
You got a good point with the ceiling height for sure. To counter your point, Clemson ceiling height historically has always been higher regardless when it comes to winning championships and ultimately that’s why the game is played. I believe present day Clemson ceiling is way higher because of our recent history at winning championships. I do believe Shane Beamer at his age, his personality and drive to win, win big for UofSC is legit and the coach y’all need with the BOT you have and always have had. I believe what transpired yesterday for us is because our offensive had become stale schematically which greatly influences recruiting and what is going on around us in our league specifically Florida State and Miami and the coaching, recruiting that is taken place down there! Without a doubt though the lost to you guys was an offensive coaching mistake hands down and I would put y’all “ Shane Beamer “ in the what’s going on around us category! UofSC could win a championship but Clemson will win more championships and history has proven that, “ Ceiling Height “! Before “ it’s because of the conference we play in “ the citadel and App St isn’t in either of our conferences and Dabo’s quote “ it’s hard to win “ makes losing to either of those schools 100% correct.
We dropped the U of crap so the name is USC. We beat clemsuck because of one reason and that was because USC was better. Two common opponents and a head to head win on their home field closes that discussion. If you want to change history and play a different QB we do too and we can undo every mistake we made in the game. USC was two TD‘s better.

We dropped the U of crap so the name is USC. We beat clemsuck because of one reason and that was because USC was better. Two common opponents and a head to head win on their home field closes that discussion. If you want to change history and play a different QB we do too and we can undo every mistake we made in the game. USC was two TD‘s better.
I’m not looking to change history instead the point was losing to you guys this past year was the nail in the coffin offensively along with the Orange bowl offensive performance for Brandon Streeter. Y’all earned the win this past year and was the better team on that day! Our offense performance that day is a big reason for Garrett Riley now being our OC period! “ USC was two TD’s better? “ the score was 31-30 gamecocks , y’all were the better team that day!

I’m not looking to change history instead the point was losing to you guys this past year was the nail in the coffin offensively along with the Orange bowl offensive performance for Brandon Streeter. Y’all earned the win this past year and was the better team on that day! Our offense performance that day is a big reason for Garrett Riley now being our OC period! “ USC was two TD’s better? “ the score was 31-30 gamecocks , y’all were the better team that day!
UofSC fans heads have gotten so big because of a one point win over the worst team Clemson has had in about 10 years. They will never win that vaulted SEC championship and beating Clemson will always mean more to them. Their overall football history is sorry and they will forever be envious of Clemson's overall success.

Reactions: solidorange4eva
UofSC fans heads have gotten so big because of a one point win over the worst team Clemson has had in about 10 years. They will never win that vaulted SEC championship and beating Clemson will always mean more to them. Their overall football history is sorry and they will forever be envious of Clemson's overall success.
I tend to like our recent history (the 31 - 30 part). Sorry it gets under your skin so much, but you'll just have to live with it for a while. Got a feeling this rivalry will be a lot more interesting in the next few years, but I'm guessing you wouldn't agree.

I tend to like our recent history (the 31 - 30 part). Sorry it gets under your skin so much, but you'll just have to live with it for a while. Got a feeling this rivalry will be a lot more interesting in the next few years, but I'm guessing you wouldn't agree.
Especially with our new OC’s. Garrett Riley vs Dowell Loggains.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
I wondered that myself.
South Carolina has SEC money also and the Riley, Beamer connection to boot. Beamer had time after Satterfeild left to gauge Garrett’s interest in being the OC for y’all. Was Garrett one of the top coaches that Beamer was adamant about that was reaching out to him because of their interest in being Carolina’s OC? Money does talk.

Last edited:
Actually it doesn't get under my skin at all! Y'all are funny to me because your program has never been relevant....EVER!

It's only a rivalry to UofSC fans! 72-43-4 says otherwise....catch up!! Win your conference..the one you're so proud of being a member of but are really just a welfare team!
You missed my point. I was referring to the internet talk between both sides. I never imagined how difficult my post would be to comprehend. Maybe instead of using the word "rivalry", I should have said "internet war of words", although that comes off destructive and hateful rather than friendly.
And if you read what I posted earlier, I acknowledged how difficult it is to win the SEC, which most college football observers consider the toughest and best in the nation. That is why I followed that up saying therefore my goal for Beamer will be to annually make the 12-team playoff. A backtested study showed that Carolina would have made the playoff 2 times during the Spurrier era if the 12-team playoff structure had been around back then. Thus, that goal is VERY doable for Carolina.

Last edited:
You missed my point. I was referring to the internet talk between both sides. I never imagined how difficult my post would be to comprehend. Maybe instead of using sihtoe word "rivalry", I should have said "internet war of words", although that comes off destructive and hateful rather than friendly.
And if you read what I posted earlier, I acknowledged how difficult it is to win the SEC, which most college football observers consider the toughest and best in the nation. That is why I followed that up saying therefore my goal for Beamer will be to annually make the 12-team playoff. A backtested study showed that Carolina would have made the playoff 2 times during the Spurrier era if the 12-team playoff structure had been around back then. Thus, that goal is VERY doable for Carolina.
I'd love to see the criteria for this backtested study. Was it based on all teams at that time or was it based on those UofSC teams with current era teams? I think we would all agree that the top 12 teams from the Spurrier era is quite different from even, say this year's top 12. TCU definitely wasn't in the mix back in Spurrier's days.

I'd love to see the criteria for this backtested study. Was it based on all teams at that time or was it based on those UofSC teams with current era teams? I think we would all agree that the top 12 teams from the Spurrier era is quite different from even, say this year's top 12. TCU definitely wasn't in the mix back in Spurrier's days.
Honestly, I do not know. It was done by the people who run the On3 site. They probably used the criteria that will be used in a couple of years. I'm guessing from there they ranked where the teams from back then would fall if a 12-team playoff was in effect at that time. That's comparing apples to apples.

Spurrier left left the football program an absolute cluster f***. We can be proud of what Spurrier did, but for what he left, he should be paying USC back his last two years salary. Absolutely criminal to accept a paycheck for what he had going on. Whoever took over was starting from nothing. Mushamp was not the guy to take over to rebuild and everyone should knew it except for Tanner and our BoT who approved his moronic hire.

Last edited:
Spurrier left left the football program an absolute cluster f***. We can be proud of what Spurrier did, but for what he left, he should be paying USC back his last two years salary. Absolutely criminal to accept a paycheck for what he had going on. Whoever took over was starting from nothing. Mushamp was not the guy to take over to rebuild and everyone should knew it except for Tanner and our BoT who approved his moronic hire.
I've said the same about Spurrier. He quit working two years before he left. We were a wreck when he did leave. Could have been great.

I've said the same about Spurrier. He quit working two years before he left. We were a wreck when he did leave. Could have been great.

Spurrier's biggest mistake was letting Shane Beamer go without a huge fight and huge raise and replacing him with Spurrier, Jr as recruiting coordinator. Spurrier assumed anyone could do the job. He was wrong.

Beamer was an excellent recruiting coordinator. He could easily cite mom, dad, and grandma's name for the recruits and he was a great organizer of the recruiting effort.

Spurrier thought he could just put anyone in that role and chose Spurrier, Jr- a man who admitted publicly soon after that he didn't like talking on the phone. What a dumb thing to say.

Recruiting immediately went down in terms of relationships with high school coaches and recruits.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
ADVERTISEMENT